New XBOX 1S won't update right out of the box

Discus and support New XBOX 1S won't update right out of the box in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Have a brand new XBOX 1S and no matter what we've tried, it will not update. We've tried it wirelessly as well as through a USB flash drive multiple... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by carriehelm, Sep 1, 2018.

1. carriehelm
    carriehelm Guest

Have a brand new XBOX 1S and no matter what we've tried, it will not update. We've tried it wirelessly as well as through a USB flash drive multiple times. XBOX support says it might be due to an XBOX live outage, but the home page doesn't say that problems
    with Live should affect updates. I'm ready to send this thing back. Any help?

:)

carriehelm, Sep 1, 2018
  2. My x box 1s won't turn on I've tried unplugging Ang plugging bk in but ng

My x box 1s won't turn on even after unplugging

RevisedRain0511, Sep 1, 2018
  3. Updating

New xbox one right out of the box. Initial update is taking forever. Several minutes. At least 30 minutes so far. Is this normal?

LowerGiraffe514, Sep 1, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

I would go ahead and exchange it.

Smwutches, Sep 1, 2018
  5. CrazY1985
    CrazY1985 Guest
    Is there an error message that pops up?

CrazY1985, Sep 1, 2018
  6. carriehelm
    carriehelm Guest
    I should have mentioned that we already did that. This is the second one and it's doing the same thing as the first one

carriehelm, Sep 1, 2018
  7. carriehelm
    carriehelm Guest
    Yes- but I didn't write it down. I'll have to boot it up again and get back to you

carriehelm, Sep 1, 2018
  8. NickMeijnen
    NickMeijnen Guest

Dear Carrie,

I believe we might be experiencing similiar problems with updating, unfortunately u just opened the box and feel like u bought something useless. But it's not, it works great, just not these past 5 days. See my thread please for more info:

IMPORTANT: Xbox One / Microsoft Store not working. (Version 2.0)

Yours sincerely,

Nick Meijnen

NickMeijnen, Sep 1, 2018
  9. XBF Aaron G
    XBF Aaron G Guest
    Carrie,

If it happened to 2 different Xboxes it has nothing to do with the console. Your console is needs several settings from your router that a lot of items in your house don't use. If one of these settings is not being detected by your Xbox it could be a variety
    of issues from Wireless interference to a simple reboot of your router for 5 min. I'm including a link with several solutions you can use to help you figure it out.

First time connection solution
    . Please reply if you have any questions.

XBF Aaron G, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: