New xbox 1 wireless controller built in 3.5 socket

Discus and support New xbox 1 wireless controller built in 3.5 socket in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi. Sorry if this sounds a silly question but I have bought my son a new xbox 1. It comes with the built in 3.5 socket on the back of the controller.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BurliestYew65, Dec 28, 2015.

1. New xbox 1 wireless controller built in 3.5 socket

Hi. Sorry if this sounds a silly question but I have bought my son a new xbox 1. It comes with the built in 3.5 socket on the back of the controller. Question is I have a have at home heaohones with mic attached. There are two 3.5 male ends. If I bought
    a twin male to 1 single male adapter would this work?

:)

BurliestYew65, Dec 28, 2015
  2. THEBOSS179
    THEBOSS179 Guest
    Razer Kraken Pro on Covert Forces

I just got the new covert forces controller and want to buy the Kraken Pro. The new controller has a 3.5 audio and mic jack combined built in. Will it work?

THEBOSS179, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Xbox One controller on Win 10 + stereo headset, only left channel audio comes through

I'm using a Lunar White XB1 controller with a wireless adapter on Win 10 (with a 3.5 mm jack built in). When I try to get audio through it, only the left audio comes through. Right audio doesn't work. Mic works. Help?

o Dragonfall o, Dec 28, 2015
  4. J1gg4M4n
    J1gg4M4n Guest

Yes. A colleague uses "Sennheiser PCV 05 Combo Audio Adapter for PC Gaming Headsets" with his Xbox One controller.

J1gg4M4n, Dec 28, 2015
  5. J1gg4M4n Win User

Yes. A colleague uses "Sennheiser PCV 05 Combo Audio Adapter for PC Gaming Headsets" with his Xbox One controller.
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

Sandberg Headset issues....

The Xbox One does not support USB headsets, you need a headset that can plug in the 3.5 mm jack socket in the controller, or a wireless headset compatible with Xbox One.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

Razer nari connection

The only way to connect the headset to the Xbox One, is with the audio cable that is supplied with it. Connect the cable to the headset then the controller 3.5 mm jack socket. If your controller does not have the jack socket, then you will need the Microsoft
    headset audio adapter, which you connect to the controller, then connect the headset to the adapter.
  8. XBF Erick C Win User

The jack of the Xbox controller

Hey there Nic,

Was this part of a Console Bundle? Also when was this purchased? As mentioned in "Xbox One controller and headset compatibility"

"As of June 2015, new Xbox One Wireless Controllers will include a 3.5-mm port so users can connect a compatible 3.5-mm audio jack directly to the controller."

If your controller does not have the 3.5-mm audio jack then it is possible that it is an older model.

I hope this helps.
  9. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One Wireless Controller

Hi,

You can use a standard Bluetooth adaptor. The Microsoft wireless adaptor for Xbox One/Series X|S controllers doesn't use Bluetooth.

If you want standard connectivity then you can use a BT USB dongle (or built in BT if your device has this). The Microsoft adaptor offers more features such as the use of more than one controller, and the usage of your controller's headphone socket while wireless.

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/controller/connect-xbox-wireless-controller-to-pc
Thema:

1. New xbox 1 wireless controller built in 3.5 socket - Similar Threads - wireless controller built

2. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller can't power on in any capactiy unless it's plugged in...: I've also noticed that even the usb is inconsistent and every cord I've used needs to be held at a certain angle to make the controller work. I've already updated the controller's firmware, tried...
  3. Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my wireless Xbox controller disconnect and reconnect repeatedly on my Chromebook?: So, I recently got a new wireless Xbox controller so I can play Xbox Cloud Gaming when I am not at home. My controller works for all of my compatible devices except my Acer Chromebook (which is...
  4. series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s console taking a long time to load wireless card for controllers?: I been noticing when I turn on my xbox console the wireless card for the controllers takes a long time to initialize can anyone help me with this? I did try a factory reset but that didnt work...
  5. If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If is an xbox wireless controller better in Xbox cloud gaming?: I play xbox cloud gaming with dualshock 4 via Bluetooth and usb as well. All features works well, including vibration. But I wonder if there are some advantages of playing xbox cloud gaming with...
  6. We need some Wireless controller help

in XboX Insiders
    We need some Wireless controller help: My son has an Xbox One and we bought him a wireless controller that has one of those USB receivers he lost the receiver. I'm a gamer myself and I'm under the understanding that if he didn't have...
  7. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 - Core Connection issues: So my controller is becoming unresponsive, at times no form of input gets a response and sometimes just straight up disconnects. Pad is always connected via USB cable, never via Bluetooth. I've...
  8. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  9. I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent my xbox x controller for repair and included the wireless usd connector with it,...: My microsoft return order number is 2023912676 and serial number is 02710125334239, while shipping it back to the warehouse for repair I included the wireless connector with it, will I get it back...
  10. Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble updating my Xbox One Wireless Controller firmware.: I am attempting to update my Xbox One Wireless Controller to then connect it via Bluetooth to my PC since it is currently not appearing, however I have used 5+ micro-USB cables and one which I...