New UI as of 10/11/2017 is awful. (Community Tab inparticular, Friends List...)

Discus and support New UI as of 10/11/2017 is awful. (Community Tab inparticular, Friends List...) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; The new UI is a step backward in many ways... While this is my opinion, I am frankly disgusted by the appearance of the new UI. While I can see the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BARF FACE 9000, Oct 11, 2017.

1. New UI as of 10/11/2017 is awful. (Community Tab inparticular, Friends List...)

The new UI is a step backward in many ways... While this is my opinion, I am frankly disgusted by the appearance of the new UI. While I can see the functional improvements to GameDVR etc, I find the Community tab inparticular to
    be a complete mess to navigate and look at (which I elaborate on below) as well as find the "improvement" to the guide being mostly inconsequential (we have been swapped from scrolling vertically through readily-visible options to navigate horizontally through
    hidden options??)

This post will mostly be just a list of reactions to various items in the latest UI update. I hope either an option of which UI to utilize is given to the users of Xbox One, or at the very least another update is quickly incoming to alleviate some of these
    issues...

The Community tab seems to have no semblance of order whatsoever, beyond a vague "one large item and two smaller ones" in row after row of clutter. Why are some achievements displayed as HUGE splayed across most of the screen while others are
    small? Myself and other users preferred a uniform, scrolling list that didn't give any faux distinction to one clip, achievement, or screenshot over another. Now, with its strange "one large and 2 smaller ones next to it in a row" fashion it's a complete mess,
    jarring to look at, no rhythm and makes many of the shared items fall from your attention into obscurity. When given so much junk to look at simultaneously the user has less incentive to immerse into and observe any singular item, instead being overwhelmed
    by the swarm of clutter populating the screen simultaneously.

Why do I have to click an additional time just to see my Friends list (i.e. "+5") instead of just having a list at the ready immediately (such as to the left, with the previous guide / dashboard options etc...?) I want to see
    who is online quickly, not sift through another separate menu.

Seeing the guide, then Friends, then specific Friend menus all stack on top of one another is visually unappealing.

Why do I have to go into a separate "conversations" menu to see recent messages instead of just seeing them as they were, readily accessible as in the previous (and superior) UI design?

On the home screen shifting from left to right to view the most recently used app/game/whatever and having that icon get humongous as it is selected is jarring and aesthetically unpleasant. Why is it the Gamerscore leaderboard to the right of that? Should we
    expect ads to the far right (4th column) from now on for games we don't even own??? (such as Shadow of War as of 10/11/2017)

Having a separate set of items to shift left and right through right below the "main tabs" just creates a strange Russian Doll type effect of sub menus that is unpleasant and redundant to navigate. In the preview video after the UI update is installed, it's
    cited that users won't have to navigate as many tabs vertically, but the sub menu (most recent app, achievement leaderboard, notification, etc..) as well as having to shift left and right through the guide options of messaging, party, etc, have the opposite
    of streamlining this. It feels like in lieu of having the options visible immediately and scrolling vertically to locate what items we want to use (party, messaging, etc) they have all just been swapped to require a left and right horizontal (and out
    of sight) navigation.
    This "improvement" seems redundant and unnecessary. The user now has to press B to back out of the guide options when previously (with the vertical list) you could just press right to hop out of it immediately.

Why is there an ad to watch a Starbucks video to the far right of my "recently-used" apps / games? I have no option to move this at all when pressing start on it, but have an ambiguous "see less like this / see more like this" when pressing start on the achievement
    leaderboard?

This is my first time to bother logging into my PC to leave direct Feedback on Xbox forums, and I hope I don't seem like I'm lamenting it all too much but this seems like a severe regression. The previous UI (especially the Community tab) were much more user-friendly
    and aesthetically-pleasing. This is a bad update.

:)

BARF FACE 9000, Oct 11, 2017
  2. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest
    12/14 Console Update

I guess that Windows 10 UI is so good on Xbox 1 that not much was added this month apart from minor bug fixes and improvements. 99% of the time I don't use IE on Xbox, I prefer to use it on my laptop. I haven't got the update yet as I'm too busy playing
    minecraft on Xbox 360. Majority of PC's out their do run a Microsoft OS aka Windows, just like Xbox is a Microsoft product. I would like the Community tab on Xbox 1's UI to be more like the Social tab on Xbox 360's UI, where it shows you and your friends avatars,
    party, activity feed. Xbox 360 also has beacons, something that Xbox 1 hasn't. But Xbox 1 is a humungous improvement compared to what it was like at Launch.

smileskybird, Oct 11, 2017
  3. RomkaZzz
    RomkaZzz Guest
    RomkaZzz, Oct 11, 2017
  4. smileskybird
    smileskybird Guest

Apparently, it is a "Service" where spamming us with regular "updates" is "normal". The UI has been the main gripe about Xbox One's UI. A lot of kids don't like it too! (people under 18). As experience with even my friends. I have a 13 year old friend from
    the US who says he doesn't like Windows 8. I've met people in COD BO2 who don't like it either.

Take a look at 360's UI. It's way more user friendly and it looks like a kiddy UI. Xbox One's UI looks like it's for mature business people who are into geometry and squares (lots of them). People who when you get an achievement notification, don't mind
    that notification being laggy as heck and a big fat box that appears over your gameplay. Xbox 360's UI notification isn't a fate notification and is faster at popping up and getting lost. And it appears in different corners of the screen so that it doesn't
    obscure important in game text displays.

Can you play games while playing music in the background, on Xbox One? An Xbox One is slower at booting than an Xbox 360, and the 360 has weaker hardware yet the UI still manages to be slower than the 360.

The Xbox One X will have more processing and better hardware power than the PS4 Pro. It will also have a 7200rpm HDD and 8GB flash. The original and S models only have a fusion 5400rpm HDD. This sort of power ought to make UI processing quicker. If it doesn't,
    it's the software at fault. It's taken them 4 years and they still can't get it right.

smileskybird, Oct 11, 2017
  5. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Has the new UI gone public now?

I got this a while back & hated it but now I quite like it.

Having ads is wrong,that I agree with,but everything else becomes 2nd nature & it is a fair bit quicker than the old UI.

The xbox one is not slower than than the 360.

Like you've been told before,there must be something wrong with your xbox one if it takes longer to boot up & is slower than your 360.

My xbox one is a day one & it's miles faster than any of my xbox 360's.

Daft Badger, Oct 12, 2017
  6. I find it depends on what power mode you have your Xbox One set to, Instant On or Energy Saving.

With Instant On my One S beats my old Xbox 360 Elite to the dashboard by a huge margin. Put it in Energy Saving though and the 360 comes out on top by a similar amount of time. I videoed the two instances if you would care to see the difference.

Zen Like Calm, Oct 12, 2017
  7. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    My xbox one is in energy saving mode & is way faster than any of my 360's.

I fired one of my 360's up a few days ago to upload some stuff to the cloud & couldn't believe how slow it was.

Daft Badger, Oct 12, 2017
  8. New UI as of 10/11/2017 is awful. (Community Tab inparticular, Friends List...)

Your experience is not representative of everybody's though Badger, certainly not of mine.

Zen Like Calm, Nov 1, 2018
  9. Daft Badger Win User

My xbox one is in energy saving mode & is way faster than any of my 360's.

I fired one of my 360's up a few days ago to upload some stuff to the cloud & couldn't believe how slow it was.
  10. Daft Badger Win User

Has the new UI gone public now?

I got this a while back & hated it but now I quite like it.

Having ads is wrong,that I agree with,but everything else becomes 2nd nature & it is a fair bit quicker than the old UI.

Like you've been told before,there must be something wrong with your xbox one if it takes longer to boot up & is slower than your 360.

11. Zen Like Calm Win User

I find it depends on what power mode you have your Xbox One set to, Instant On or Energy Saving.

With Instant On my One S beats my old Xbox 360 Elite to the dashboard by a huge margin. Put it in Energy Saving though and the 360 comes out on top by a similar amount of time. I videoed the two instances if you would care to see the difference.
  12. smileskybird Win User

Apparently, it is a "Service" where spamming us with regular "updates" is "normal". The UI has been the main gripe about Xbox One's UI. A lot of kids don't like it too! (people under 18). As experience with even my friends. I have a 13 year old friend from
    the US who says he doesn't like Windows 8. I've met people in COD BO2 who don't like it either.

Take a look at 360's UI. It's way more user friendly and it looks like a kiddy UI. Xbox One's UI looks like it's for mature business people who are into geometry and squares (lots of them). People who when you get an achievement notification, don't mind
    that notification being laggy as heck and a big fat box that appears over your gameplay. Xbox 360's UI notification isn't a fate notification and is faster at popping up and getting lost. And it appears in different corners of the screen so that it doesn't
    obscure important in game text displays.

Can you play games while playing music in the background, on Xbox One? An Xbox One is slower at booting than an Xbox 360, and the 360 has weaker hardware yet the UI still manages to be slower than the 360.

The Xbox One X will have more processing and better hardware power than the PS4 Pro. It will also have a 7200rpm HDD and 8GB flash. The original and S models only have a fusion 5400rpm HDD. This sort of power ought to make UI processing quicker. If it doesn't,
    it's the software at fault. It's taken them 4 years and they still can't get it right.
  13. Zen Like Calm Win User

Your experience is not representative of everybody's though Badger, certainly not of mine.
Thema:

1. New UI as of 10/11/2017 is awful. (Community Tab inparticular, Friends List...) - Similar Threads - 2017 awful Community

2. My xbox x(2017) was freezing. Everytime when I'm play GTA5. How can i fix that.?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox x(2017) was freezing. Everytime when I'm play GTA5. How can i fix that.?: When I'm start GTA5. And play only for 5 minutes xbox was freezing. Give me suggestions how can i fix. 6e225007-061b-461e-8b53-96d31f63a51d
  3. I have an account since 2017 and i Just got banned for i dont even know the reason how can...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have an account since 2017 and i Just got banned for i dont even know the reason how can...: I have an account since 2017 and i Just got banned for i dont even know the reason how can i be deban ? 95f9e7d2-386c-49ca-a800-006ac7e79707
  4. Games freezing and stuttering on 2017 prebuilt

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Games freezing and stuttering on 2017 prebuilt: I have this prebuilt that I got back from 2017. I upgraded it with a SATA Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB and two 8 GB sticks of Corsair Vengence RAM. Just over the past year I've been having some...
  5. Same as someone said in 2017 enfocement systeme is broken

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Same as someone said in 2017 enfocement systeme is broken: Frist off all sorry for bad English not native The enforcement systeme is broken as hell Xbox need to worck on it cus fake acusation is frustrating. I give some context here Im minding my...
  6. When do we get new Wordament Adventure Maps? The last Extra Maps I have are dated 2017.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When do we get new Wordament Adventure Maps? The last Extra Maps I have are dated 2017.: When do we get new Wordament Adventure Maps? The last Extra Maps I have are dated 2017. 6c9ca0db-e8f7-4c33-9f87-66af5bdbcd46
  7. Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X purchased 2017, no audio except through headphones: I bought my Xbox One X in 2017. I know it's really time to retire it but I can't afford the new console. Recently I had to hook up the console to a Hitachi TV that I bought sometime around 2013....
  8. Recovering Email to xbox account I shared with friend in 2017-2018, how do I do this?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recovering Email to xbox account I shared with friend in 2017-2018, how do I do this?: Hello, I'm trying to find the email to an account that I used to share with my friend on Fortnite during 2017-2018, but not sure where to start. He doesn't have the details so I'm trying to find...
  9. My Minecraft xbox one edition world will not update to Minecraft 2017, what do i do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft xbox one edition world will not update to Minecraft 2017, what do i do?: This world is survival superflat and has been around since Title update seven on the Xbox 360 i want to update this world but Minecraft 2017 keeps crashing at 58%...
  10. One of my games (Battlefront 2, 2017) is no longer showing up in my library after...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    One of my games (Battlefront 2, 2017) is no longer showing up in my library after...: Battlefront 2, like all of my games is installed on an external hard-drive. After attempting to open it multiple times today, I kept getting the following error code: "Check your internet...