New ssd, no save file

Discus and support New ssd, no save file in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Purchased ssd for computer, moved files to it . Now no games can get past opening screens, message varies but basically says no save file try again .... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by steve kemper, Feb 27, 2024.

1. steve kemper
    steve kemper Guest

New ssd, no save file

Purchased ssd for computer, moved files to it . Now no games can get past opening screens, message varies but basically says no save file try again . Any options to fix this or is there a way to scrub my account so games don't see old progress?

:)

steve kemper, Feb 27, 2024
  2. SammyVS Win User

Unable to re-install MSFS on PC

In settings>system>storage click ''change where new content is saved'' and select your SSD, save, then select another drive, save and go back to your SSD again and save again.

Clear store cache, temp files, restart your PC, and try downloading the game again.

Clear store cache

Type ''wsreset'' in the Windows bar, run as administrator wait for the black screen to close and open the store automatically, it takes a while.

Clean your PC's temporary files

windows key + R and type %TEMP% and delete everything from the folder.

Ignore what you cannot delete.
  3. wi7bit Win User

Already installed game

I'm afraid not. The files need to be redownloaded, as the system needs to make a record of the installation. Installing a new drive would have meant re-installing the OS, which clears this information.

But... You are able to re-install it so the files are put on the old drive, if your SSD is low on space. Go to settings, system, storage and then click on 'Change where new content is saved'. Then change the 'New apps will save to' option the external drive.

Hope it helps!
  4. OreoTheGod Win User

2 PCs, no Xbox. Cloud saves won't share between PCs?

This is still an issue, but the work around i did was to locate the save file location for the game and copy the files to an external SSD, then plug that in my desktop and copy them over the desktops save files and that worked.

Cloud sync is supposed to prevent me from having to do that though!
  5. AlexrhDjddbdj Win User

Xbox app in pc does not detect games after reinstall

I did not reinstall windows but I clone my C drive files from old ssd to new ssd.

After using the new ssd for a few month, I decided it was time to free my old ssd so I formatted it. After that I need to reinstall the windows store and xbox app.
  6. PCunrecognized Win User

Update wiped my hard drive

so with the preview update, that zapped my 360 drive. but i was not playing that many games on it anymore, most of my important saves were backed up to a flash drive. will have to download games again. tried to see if file recovery was possible, but the
    files have been corrupted with the factory reset.

but i will be getting an external SSD drive for my one, seen the benchmark tests on a SSD hooked to a one and there are seconds saved with loading times.
Thema:

New ssd, no save file

1. New ssd, no save file - Similar Threads - ssd save file

2. Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...

in XBoX on Windows
    Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe...: Western Digital 2TB WD Blue SN580 NVMe Internal Solid State Drive SSD - Gen4 x4 PCIe 16Gb/s, M.2 2280 Would this work with my HP victus 15f gaming laptop ?? 204d4f0e-3ff8-4b7d-a209-27c9b9ba70ee
  3. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  4. Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM?: Why no optimisation of SSD/HDD and cleaning of RAM/VRAM? I have an almost new Xbox Series X bought from MS and i tis **** for FM23. Totally due to filling up with ****. If I use the REFRESH...
  5. Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to Install a new SSD in Xbox One X: I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  6. Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X SSD Upgrade Issues (OS:25398.4441): I upgraded my drive to a SSD of equal size. Ive used the OSU1 offline updater, unformatted, formated (NTFS), different drives holding the OSU1 file. Ive also tried the Xbox One X hdd windows...
  7. Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s

in XBoX on Windows
    Games won’t play external SSD Xbox series s: I am trying to play games on my external SSD however they won’t run I know Xbox series x/s spec games don’t work and have to be run off the internal but the games I’m trying to play are older...
  8. Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than...: Is it possible to plug in a expansion bay into the ssd expansion port to plug in more than one external ssd? Cos I wanna have more than 2tb via ssd because on hdds you have to transfer the newer...
  9. 1Tb SSD (minimum) on Series X. External BluRay that supports games will save it in my...

in XBoX on Consoles
    1Tb SSD (minimum) on Series X. External BluRay that supports games will save it in my...: Dear community,including you, Microsoft®,their partners and finally,me. ;-) Dare me? LOL What I.wanted to say,is that as a 52 year old boy,I keep up in a very standard,maybe,normal games...
  10. Bought new SSD, trying to transfer save data from old to new one

in XBoX on Windows
    Bought new SSD, trying to transfer save data from old to new one: I made a lot of progress in My Time in Portia which is quite a grindy game and I'm really keen on continuing from where I left off. Both my SSDs are plugged in and working right now and I'm just...