New second series X struggling internet issues

Discus and support New second series X struggling internet issues in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I don’t ever post on these forums but I have tried contacting both my ISP and Microsoft and have gotten no solution. I have been... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Vidarr, Jan 4, 2024.

1. Vidarr
    Vidarr Guest

Hello,

I don’t ever post on these forums but I have tried contacting both my ISP and Microsoft and have gotten no solution. I have been troubleshooting this for 2 days and still can’t figure it out so hopefully someone here has found a solution .

The issue is the download speed on Xbox #2 (new Xbox) and the effects on the network while downloading.

Basically once the new Xbox is set up games will only download at ~25-35mbps and while downloading everything else on the network drops down to unusable speeds where Xbox #1 can’t even play online.

Both Xbox series Xs are hardwired to bell homehub 3000 modem with fibe internet download ~500mbps and upload ~100mbps. The modem is brand new replaced a month ago and there is no other users on the network causing usage traffic. The new series x was exchanged at game stop for a new one to fix the issue but still the same problem continues.

For trouble shooting I’ve tried different cables, different ports, tried a wireless connection on 5G and also set up port forwarding on all the recommended ports for Xbox.

nothing seems to solve this yet every other device seems to work perfectly on the network until Xbox #2 downloads are started.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

:)

Vidarr, Jan 4, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Vidarr my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Have you tried to set a static IP for the XBOX #2 and add that IP to your router DMZ?
  3. MarcoImperatrice Win User

Xbox Series X crashing/shutting down in Gears 5

I've sent my Series X to Microsoft and with the new one I've never had a problem, no crashes. I suggest everyone who is struggling with this issue to call Microsoft.
  4. [Farscape] Win User

will the one x be unlocked on games with fps caps when the new consoles arrive?

series s will struggle on demanding games to keep 60fps at 1080p. the series x will struggle to keep 60fps at 4k thats for sure. the series x will be ok at 120fps at 1080 and most likely 1440.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

compatibility

nope, series s or x only, even pc's way more powerful than the series x still struggle, it would be like stop motion on the original xbox one and s models.
  6. ngocphi Win User

philips 4k tv not displaying 4k in my xbox series x

First you need hdmi2.1

Second series s isn't a 4k console and wouldn't recommend it because of the design

Because Irs not a 4k console it doesn't need UHD files making games smaller for the reduce space and power of the series s as thats how smart delivery is designed

Most games will only do 960p

It will struggle with anything above 1080p

It can do 4k movie streaming but not gaming

If you wanted 4k gaming you should've bought series x or xbox one x
Thema:

1. New second series X struggling internet issues - Similar Threads - second series struggling

2. My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x, whenever i turn it on it will be on for like 2 seconds then will shut...: It was working fine just a few hours before and its not hot. 544c488e-0bd1-4de5-ad65-cf1f0d554101
  3. HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off

in XboX Insiders
    HELP - Xbox One Series S turns on for about 5 seconds and immediately turns off: Have been gone for the weekend to come back to this. Not overheating, nothing I don’t think has happened to the power in the house since I’ve been gone. Really weird. Any help is appreciated...
  4. series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up

in XBoX on Consoles
    series s, turns and 30 seconds or less later turns off. never actually boots up: as stated, my series s will turn on and 30 seconds or less it turns off. e4f15b1f-85b0-44da-8b22-aa984ffb7a3b
  5. when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for some seconds but my xbox...: when i turn on my ups in xbox series x the fans starts moving for few seconds but my xbox power is still off? 7e37215c-275b-493b-8610-7066d7a7bb0b
  6. Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Controller Won't Stay Connected To Xbox For Longer Than 4 Seconds: I play connected via usb cable when it just stopped responding. I tried unplugging the cable and plugging it back in, which worked but only for around 4 seconds, i could keep doing that to control...
  7. Xbox series s, not staying on after 90 seconds

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s, not staying on after 90 seconds: When I power on the Xbox, it will stay on and start up the fans After a few seconds the fan stops spinning, then the console shuts off after 90 seconds of being on. Also no display is being...
  8. My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My new Series X keeps randomly disconnecting from xbox services for a couple seconds.: I got a series x fro christmas and randomly throughout the day it will disconnect me from xbox live services and boot me back to the main menu of whatever game I am playing. It only lasts a couple...
  9. Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X games keep crashing after about 45 seconds of play time. Any fix for this?...: I was playing House Flipper just fine, hopped on MW3 to play Shipmas and about 1/4 way through the game crashed and went to a fuzzy looking screen and froze my Series X. Is there any fix to this?...
  10. Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why is mw2 on the xbox series x not loading the second mission of the game?: Whenever i try to play the second mission, it just plays like 3 sexonds of the cutscene, craps itself and boots me to the campaign menu. Mind you, i can play the first mission, completely fine, no...