New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated...

Discus and support New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Got a new gaming laptop last week. Every boot would offer a free month of GamePass. I didn't want to activate it yet so just kept closing it. Today... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by rowka, Nov 4, 2021.

1. rowka
    rowka Guest

New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated...

Got a new gaming laptop last week. Every boot would offer a free month of GamePass. I didn't want to activate it yet so just kept closing it. Today when booting it auto-loaded Xbox, no free month offer, and I noticed a Gamertag (seems rather generic, that I did not choose) logged in with my MS email in the account.

Is this normal? I don't see any other suspicious activity that looks like I might have been hacked.

If this IS normal (for MS to auto-create an Xbox profile), does this mean my New Computer free month offer has expired unused?

:)

rowka, Nov 4, 2021
  2. rowka Win User

New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated with my MS account?

Fantastic!!! It says I have until 2023 to claim it. Ha! Plenty of time to get my gaming space set up.

Thank you!
  3. Farscape247 Win User

New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated with my MS account?

all microsoft account have a generic xbox profile created with it, this is normal and you can change you gamertag to one that suits you better free for the first change.

the offer should pop up under xbox app as you are currently not subscribed it will advertise a sub on the main page of the app.
  4. rowka Win User

Well, that is reassuring. Thank you.

Now, if I could only figure out how to access the free month offer, I'd be all set. Any thoughts on that?
  5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

If you recently purchased a PC that includes Xbox games or Xbox Game Pass, use the steps below to find and redeem your Digital Direct offers.

1. Select the Microsoft Store icon on the taskbar, or in the search box on the taskbar, type Microsoft Store, and then select it from the results.

2. At the upper right in the Microsoft Store, select See more (the three dots), and then select My Library.

3. At the left, select Included with the device to see the Digital Direct games or subscriptions included with your Windows 10 device.

4. Select a game or subscription, select Get, and sign in to your Microsoft Account if you haven’t already.

For a subscription offer, you can add a credit card to enable automatic recurring charges (which you can turn off later), and for a game offer, claim the offer, and select 6. Download or wait for the download to finish.

Follow steps 3-5 to redeem any other offers included with your Windows 10 device
  6. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Rowka! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

The Xbox app log in with your email, it's normal that it randomly created you a Gamertag, about the Month free gift, if you haven't redeemed you should be able to do it still
Thema:

1. New PC, Free Gamepass offer went away and now there is a GamerTag and account associated... - Similar Threads - Free Gamepass offer

2. i tried to redeem a xbox gamepass code for 3 month free but it said You are not authorized...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i tried to redeem a xbox gamepass code for 3 month free but it said You are not authorized...: my microsoft account is a child account it said this in the message PUR-RenewalBlockedByFamilyPolicy L+kR03IEsP+W1+fRdwkykv.363 3e5f44cb-b077-42ad-90f2-24fe86c39ad7
  3. how do I get the free xbox gamepass

in XboX Insiders
    how do I get the free xbox gamepass: So yeah I heard u can get gamepass for free by doing some shit on edge and other Microsoft apps. So please guide me if u know cuz I just installed the Xbox app. submitted by /u/ImpactRoutine4603...
  4. it doesn´t appear my option to redeem my 3 months free of xbox gamepass with my lenovo laptop

in XBoX Games and Apps
    it doesn´t appear my option to redeem my 3 months free of xbox gamepass with my lenovo laptop: i go to redeem my free gamepass but it doesn´t apear nothing on the included part of microsoft store, i don´t know why 101cd90a-f1b0-4152-bae8-adbbc54422ef
  5. so i loaded up xbox app pc and it said i got a free ultimate gamepass so i got it and i...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    so i loaded up xbox app pc and it said i got a free ultimate gamepass so i got it and i...: i dont have any new games on my pass it also says on microsoft website that you can get starfield for pc. 9ec3e4e0-e8ae-40f4-baba-27360c468641
  6. i bought a xbox eliet series 2 CORE, and i was expecting to get a free gamepass ultimate...

in XBoX on Windows
    i bought a xbox eliet series 2 CORE, and i was expecting to get a free gamepass ultimate...: i bought a xbox eliet series 2 CORE, and i was expecting to get a free gamepass ultimate code inside at the bottom of the box but i didnt get one. aa0730e4-cf9d-45de-a4a7-bcd71e835cf4
  7. I'm trying to redeem the free minecraft realms subscription from gamepass ultimate but it...

in XboX Insiders
    I'm trying to redeem the free minecraft realms subscription from gamepass ultimate but it...: Just glitches when I click on it and it looks like there's a box behind the confirm button that I can't see. I've tried restarting my xbox but nothing had worked submitted by /u/Bitterfrost9...
  8. Free laptop Gamepass is not activating

in XBoX Accessibility
    Free laptop Gamepass is not activating: Asus laptop I got for christmas came with a free gamepass, i already had a free GP from another source, when I tried to add the one from the laptop it errored saying I already had a subscription,...
  9. Can't find the Free 1 Month of Xbox Gamepass that was included with my laptop.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find the Free 1 Month of Xbox Gamepass that was included with my laptop.: About a year ago I bought myself an Asus Rog Strix g17 laptop. As I first singed into the microsoft store and xbox app I got a notification that this PC had a 1 month of free xbox gamepass...
  10. September 2018 GamePass Free Forza 7 offer

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    September 2018 GamePass Free Forza 7 offer: I know that there's a related question on the forums about this, but my question is slightly different. I purchased the special XBox One X/GamePass/Gold bundle earlier this month. Am I also...