New in box XBoX that won’t update - callback support is awful

Discus and support New in box XBoX that won’t update - callback support is awful in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Finally opened my XBox series X and guess what? It is stuck in a checking for updates loop that fails. Tried all the troubleshooting options, reset,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Andrew17j, Mar 21, 2022.

1. Andrew17j
    Andrew17j Guest

Finally opened my XBox series X and guess what? It is stuck in a checking for updates loop that fails. Tried all the troubleshooting options, reset, offline etc. looks like a failure with the network card.

Tried calling customer support via a callback. Got disconnected one, and another agent stopped talking to me when I told him I had done everything he wanted me to do to trouble shoot. Could barely understand either of the representatives..

How can you speak to someone who understands the issue? I have another Xbox that works fine, and know what the issue is. It is not my internet or cables etc. the unit has failed out of the box.

Not being able to talk to a competent person is really frustrating. This is Microsoft, no Walmart or Target. How the heck do you request service support for a new unit without wasting hours of your time?

:)

Andrew17j, Mar 21, 2022
  2. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Out of warranty repair its not possible, you can request a replacement for a cost, that's on the same site
  3. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Steps are the same as warranty devices, unles is a discontinued device, then it won't be possible to get a service trough Microsoft

Discontinued devices are Xbox 360 and Xbox one fat
  4. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Hi Andrew17j! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

Follow these steps to request the service:

Sign in to the Device service and repair page with your Microsoft account credentials.

https://account.microsoft.com/devices/select-de...

****If your device doesn't appear, add it

Select the device that you want repaired.

Follow the onscreen steps to complete your service order request
  5. Andrew17j Win User

As the unit was stored for a while, it is now out of warranty. Have to contact Microsoft for repair service, which I tried to do.
  6. Andrew17j Win User

I don’t see that option without contacting Microsoft first. If only you could talk to a person who knows what the next step is.
Thema:

1. New in box XBoX that won’t update - callback support is awful - Similar Threads - box won’t update

2. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  3. Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Are new Microsoft Series X console boxes supposed to look like this?: I had a Target order for a Series X that arrived last week. One of the pieces of security tape looked messed with a bit and had some finger prints under the tape, so I returned it for a new one...
  4. Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connection problem with sky hub and my x box one: Ho I having issues connecting to my xbox one with sky broadband , lhave tried all the the normal fixes but still no joy. dbfeabac-ca59-4f29-bbe3-0a528e34ef7d
  5. Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series x won’t stay connected to internet. Just bought today brand new out of the box: I have just received an Xbox series x. I have it connected to the Wi-Fi via Ethernet and for some reason it won’t stay connected for longer than 2 minutes? I use this same cable for my ps5 which...
  6. I’ve started my box Series S up but it won’t connect to the internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’ve started my box Series S up but it won’t connect to the internet: My Xbox Series S is brand new and I can’t even enter the home tab because of this. I’ve already restarted my router took everything out of the console but it still won’t work. Does anyone have any...
  7. My Xbox one power box has a steady orange light but won’t turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one power box has a steady orange light but won’t turn on: Hello all hope everyone days going well, I’ve come for some assistance in turning on my Xbox one. I currently have the orange power box issue, this has happened before and was solved after I...
  8. I have a x box one s & It won’t turn on so I took it to a game store and they took a look...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a x box one s & It won’t turn on so I took it to a game store and they took a look...: My x box one s wont turn on so i took it to a game store to get look at and i was seeing could i still ship it to microsoft to get repair 23fc91e2-19e1-45fc-ad1d-fa051865cbc5
  9. X box one won’t switch on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    X box one won’t switch on.: Our x box switched off mid game and then kept switching itself off and wouldnt stay on. We sent it back to microsoft as its under warranty. They have sent it back to us with this letter. It was a...
  10. Human Fall Flat won’t load on X Box One

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Human Fall Flat won’t load on X Box One: Purchased Human Fall Flat for my daughter last year. She hasn’t played it for a couple of months and now it won’t load, even though it shows up in our list of games. We get an error message to...