New headset with inline mute switch

Discus and support New headset with inline mute switch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey anyone else out there feel the same way about inline mute switches?the same thing happened with the 360 when it launched. They had originally had... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DV571N, Jun 10, 2015.

1. DV571N
    DV571N Guest

Hey anyone else out there feel the same way about inline mute switches?the same thing happened with the 360 when it launched. They had originally had the headset with an easy to reach mute button right where your thumbs are and a volume wheel next to that.
    So you could easily mute your mic without taking a hand off the controller. Than they came out with this inline mute switch that dangles from the wire so you have to reach around for it and take your hand of the controller. Looks like its the same story here
    with the new headset. The puck that plugs in and allows you to controll mute and volume without stopping play should be a gaming standard, why would Xbox want to take a huge step back with the headset. Glad they fixed the bumpers and added a 3.5 mm jack, but
    keep the controller puck guys.

Been on Xbox live for 10 years

Just want to see you guys get it right on this one, no more inline dangley mute buttons that get you killed because your child decides to throw a fit or when your wife wants you to talk to her about her day.

:)

DV571N, Jun 10, 2015
  2. Add "mute" to the Elite Controller button mapping

Def needs a mute button. I have Ear Force Seven Stealths, and they relied on a mute button on the adapter. Due to the original controller design, most of the pro headsets actually don't have a mute inline, favoring the button that's on the controller.

BrianVanderbusch, Jun 10, 2015
  3. Audio adaptor delayed.

Using my triton detonators the headset plugged into a mix amp switch with mute and all that on. I now just plug the headset dirrectly into the adapter and get game audio and chat just fine

The Viral Cyrix, Jun 10, 2015
  4. Chudamaru Win User

Xbox microphone not detected

Does the consoles audio come through the headset or is it just the mic that is having problems?

Does the the headset hav an inline volume control and/or mic mute button/switch?
  5. BrianVanderbusch Win User

Add "mute" to the Elite Controller button mapping

Def needs a mute button. I have Ear Force Seven Stealths, and they relied on a mute button on the adapter. Due to the original controller design, most of the pro headsets actually don't have a mute inline, favoring the button that's on the controller.
  6. vader da slayer Win User

Players with open mics... who don't actually say anything

[quote user="Zehq"]

Do you know how hard it is to mute my mic? X41's have the worst mute system ever. It's some tiny little switch which is like. 24/7 stuck.

[/quote]

I've never had a single problem with any Turtlebeach headset's mic mute switch. and since yours is wireless I would think it would be even easier than others to mute since you just have to take the headset off for 3 seconds to hit that switch if you have problems
    hitting it while wearing them.
  7. Radiant Sword X Win User

Xbox one stuck on mute!!

Is the headset mic muted? There should be a switch to unmute it. If not, could it be a communication ban? Nothing like that happened, right?
  8. Drxign Win User

Having issues with Astro A40 TR (cant talk)

Its either you have a wired headset that has ripped wires meaning you need a new headset or you muted yourself in a party or headset if you have a mute button on the headset.
Thema:

1. New headset with inline mute switch - Similar Threads - headset inline mute

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  4. Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Headset Equaliser Frequency Settings: Can someone explain to me what each frequency range represents? 125Hz, 250Hz, 1kHz, 4kHz, 8kHz My headset sounds terrible for first person shooters. submitted by /u/Hayden22Stone [link]...
  5. Headset turned off during update

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset turned off during update: I connected my Xbox wireless headset to my Xbox and during the update accidentally turned it off, it is now completely unresponsive and the button doesn't work nor does plugging it into an Xbox....
  6. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  7. Headset chat mixer forcing party priority

in XBoX on Windows
    Headset chat mixer forcing party priority: When I’m on my home or playing a game my game audio is not on, and when I check my audio settings it shows the bar for the mixer grayed out and all the way for party chat. I’ve tried restarting my...
  8. How do i fix my headset chat mixer?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i fix my headset chat mixer?: It’s greyed out and stuck on the right. I’ve reset my console, updated my console, updated my controller, unplugged and plugged my headset back in but nothing is working, Does anyone know how to...
  9. Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox believes my headset is permanently plugged in: So my Xbox randomly started displaying my headset as being permanently plugged in, before and after this issue I've been using the same controller and the same headset so I don't believe this is...
  10. Headset not assigning to account

in XboX Insiders
    Headset not assigning to account: I’m trying to setup astro a40s and mixamp and Im trying to assign the headset to my account but every time I click assign it doesn’t do anything it just brings me back to the assign page can...