New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

Discus and support New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Fake_Memes_RL, Apr 20, 2024.

1. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

This new tab is atrociously bad. Not only does it now cover half of the screen, but it also removes the clock off of the screen as well. The “Happening Now” tab was something I barely even used before, which was perfectly fine since it was behind a clickable button instead of an unavoidable tab. This new layout looks hideous and covers way too much of the screen and I sincerely hope Microsoft reverts this change because it looks horrendous.

submitted by /u/Fake_Memes_RL
    [link] [comments]

/u/Fake_Memes_RL, Apr 20, 2024
  2. THE WORD AL1VE Win User

shutter island

terrible idea, gangs of new york, now that be sickkkkkk
  3. AppellantWand8 Win User

Game Save GONE...Vanished!!!

Same thing just happened to me. I am so mad right now. I can see the progress under my games tab but new game when I load it. This is stupid!
  4. THA 1 BEHIND YA Win User

Lagging + Crashing?

This happens every 3rd match now. The lag has been terrible the past few days toooo.
  5. Son ALA Win User

not working

Now when you click Ambassabank, does it not open at all? That just happened to me right now.

I had to hover over the Ambassabank link and open in new tab for it to open up.

Or does it give you a prompt saying you need Silverlight?
  6. Jaymo1978 Win User

895-system 32.exe

Hey Michael! What is happening is, it sounds like your Edge is starting on the most recently-opened tab. Often, on a site which probably would give a virus on the computer itself (one of those that pop open a specific window and refuse to close, or tell
    you to click something to get rid of a virus but it turns out to be a virus itself) these will open the tab, and then when closing Edge, the next time you open it, that same tab is already there.

There are a couple of things you can do. Try opening your browser on your Xbox, then on your controller, press the "view" button (this looks like two interlocking squares to the left of the Xbox Logo.) This will open the "new tab" and "address bar" window.
    From here you should be able to close existing tabs by highlighting the tab you wish to close, pressing menu, and choosing "Close Tab. Then you will start fresh with a new tab.

If that doesn't work, you can also search for any item in the game store, then scroll all the way to the right and choose "Web Results." This will force Edge to re-open on a new tab showing Bing Search results, and the "bad" tab will be in the background.
    Now you SHOULD be able to use the "view button method" listed above to close the offending tabs.

Oh, and don't worry about Viruses - that won't happen with Xbox One, so no virus-scan program is required.

Let me know!
Thema:

New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible

1. New “Happening Now” Tab is Terrible - Similar Threads - “Happening Now” Tab

2. How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list: How do I get rid of the happening now tab on my friends list, my xbox just updated now there is a massive tab on my friends list that looks horrible and is pretty pointless, can't find a way to...
  3. Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!

in XboX Insiders
    Happening now tab is very bad but that’s not the worst problem!: Nobody is talking about how the friends in games tab is completely gone now. I used this a lot to quickly see which friends were on what games and now my whole experience has been downgraded...
  4. "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is bad design and should be removed.: This change provide NO extra information, functionality, engagement, or usefulness. It's just a duplicate of what is already on the left side of my screen and is completely superfluous. The only...
  5. "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.

in XboX Insiders
    "Friends in games" removed and replaced by "happening now" tab.: As the title States, this update has replaced friends in games with happening now. it is a completely unnecessary update imo. It just seems like the friends in games option was really all that was...
  6. "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.

in XboX Insiders
    "Happening Now" tab is not a step forward.: I understand Xbox wants to keep things fresh, but this new update in the friends list is a step backwards. You had a great system with the "friends in games" tab and now I cant even see what...
  7. How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I turn off happening now side bar in the friends section: Every single time I open up my friends list menu a “happening now” side bar pops up and shows me party’s I can join how do I turn that off 3da07d63-a350-4859-8682-f07a5a724de0
  8. The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...

in XboX Insiders
    The new double-wide "happening now" thing is hideous, and nobody liked it, so why are you...: What's the point of the insider program if you don't even listen to the feedback? This sub has nearly a million subscribers, but typically, around 30 people browsing it at any given time, if...
  9. Xbox new friends hud (happening now area) 4/2/24

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox new friends hud (happening now area) 4/2/24: Happening now area should be in a its own tab not with my friends list, this new update make the friends list tab way too big, also to be honest no one will really look at it, most people will...
  10. New Friends List and Happening Now

in XboX Insiders
    New Friends List and Happening Now: It might be just me but when I go to my friends list on my Xbox, I don't really care about what all of my friends are doing right now. I look at a couple of my friends and I'm done. I personally...