NEW Controller Series S..(BAD LS ALREADY)will not walk forward!!!!

Discus and support NEW Controller Series S..(BAD LS ALREADY)will not walk forward!!!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; ..1st posted as a reply and not a New Question. This is ridiculous. First time buyer of an Xbox. Previous PlayStation user for many many years. I'm... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by J. Alongi, Aug 14, 2023.

1. J. Alongi
    J. Alongi Guest

..1st posted as a reply and not a New Question.

This is ridiculous. First time buyer of an Xbox. Previous PlayStation user for many many years. I'm much older now, use the console much less, much easier on it bc of maturity and have only had it since Xmas 2022.

Not much more than 6 months later after brand new purchase and already I am already having trouble with the 1 controller sent with the console. I do not solder and I'm not about to buy a new one when this one failed from such infrequent and easy gaming use!!

It is the left joystick control that will not walk forward unless you press very hard or start off pressing towards the left or the right before ending up exactly moving straight. Forget starting and stopping moving forward. Noway! Nothing happened. No drops or anything like that.

Worse than anything I see it's not even covered under the warranty which is a year but from what I've read only 99 days on controller?! Forget the small price difference of Xbox will not help with this issue I suggest staying with Playstation. Never had any issues with them and that was when me and 5 friends would play all-day and be much tougher on it. I'm an old man now so if I've played 30 hrs on this Xbox it be a lot!

The QUESTION IS: Whether or not Microsoft will stand behind their equipment after only 7 months of light use?????

I can't see purchasing another one for 60 or $70 nor can I see attempting to fix or replace/solder,ect an almost brand new component as I've seen suggested on Reddit and YouTube. Not for something with very few hours of gaming time..

:)

J. Alongi, Aug 14, 2023
  2. CarTzy Win User

Hello J. Alongi,

Thank you for posting in the Microsoft Community.

I understand your frustration with regards to the performance of your Wireless controllers. However, the Xbox Controller Core has been designed to meet the core needs of today’s competitive gamers and focuses on exceptional performance and reliability. Microsoft devices are designed to last beyond their given coverage period. In any rare cases where the end user is experiencing issues within the time frame, we will fix them for free. Their lifespan would also most likely depend on how often and how much the device has been used.

See: Microsoft Device Service Terms and Conditions | Xbox Support

If you are having issues with how the controllers work, you may perform the troubleshooting here: Troubleshoot your Xbox Wireless Controller | Xbox Support

Also see: Clean and care for your Xbox console and accessories | Xbox Support

We're looking forward to hearing from you. If there are any inquiries about our description or if there are any misconceptions, do reply to the post.
  3. BAD 2020 Win User

Would there be an Adder SS? (Bugatti Veyron Supersport)

I dont see much of a point to have something faster than the Adder. Its already to much for the streets of LS. I think the Voltic is perfect for the LS streets not to fast, not to slow, great control.
  4. LuisZuniga2 Win User

Warranty repair returned wrong

I had the same problem but I sent a series s controller and I got a one s controller in return, and the series s controller I sent came with my Xbox, brand new
  5. XBF Ihssane Z Win User

Did the xbox series controller works on xbox one fat?

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Also the Xbox One controllers work on the new Series consoles.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

compatibilidad de controles xbox series con xbox one FAT?

Hi,

Xbox Series X|S controllers are fully compatible with the Xbox One, One S and One X. Xbox One controllers also work on the new Series consoles.
Thema:

1. NEW Controller Series S..(BAD LS ALREADY)will not walk forward!!!! - Similar Threads - Controller Series BAD

2. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  3. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  4. Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is a single motor going off randomly in my series x controller?: The controller I have is the stock controller that came with my Xbox series x console. I've had it for about two years now and I haven't had any issues with it until a week ago. The vibration...
  5. I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...

in XBoX on Windows
    I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso to get fixed but I forgot to put the...: I sent a Xbox series 2 elite controller to El Paso Because I spilled water on it and I forgot to put the service request number on the outside of the box, it’s a little pinkish box and ups says it...
  6. Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why has every single one of my xbox series x controllers have stick drift?: I have bought my Xbox Series X a few months after it dropped… ive been through atleast 7 controllers and they are not cheap. My new pink one (which i LOVE just started with stick drift. It takes...
  7. My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox series s Brand new controller keeps Disconnecting then reconnecting and happens...: Xbox controller series s keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and it keeps happening over and over I thought it was my headset dongle so I moved it to the back to avoid any interference but still...
  8. Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trouble connecting XBox Series S controller to new Windows 11.: Tried Bluetooth/paring and restarting...no other blue tooth devices are connected. Watched YouTube videos for Windows 11 - stuck! f992ffe4-060c-4ad7-ab2a-15d035d0f139
  9. Xbox series controller analog problem

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series controller analog problem: Today my Xbox Series controller started having problems, in the game (Halo Infinite) is just spinning around, I checked it in the "Game controller" properties of Windows, I attach an image of the...
  10. I have an xbox series x controller that developed bad stick drift after 7 months. Warranty...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an xbox series x controller that developed bad stick drift after 7 months. Warranty...: After 7 months of light use i got bad analog stick drift and n ow the controller is useless. I am disabled and have very little money, buying this controller took some sacrifice I can't afford...