new console old hard drive and live account

Discus and support new console old hard drive and live account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Haven’t played in over a year and bought a new console for my boys but am using my old 60GB hard drive and Kinetic. I am also attempting to reactivate... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by trojansak47, Jan 23, 2014.

1. trojansak47
    trojansak47 Guest

Haven’t played in over a year and bought a new console for my boys but am using my old 60GB hard drive and Kinetic. I am also attempting to reactivate a dated live account (activated no problem through computer but now struggling on console).

That said, I cannot access internet or live with direct plug in. Also, Kinetic is requiring an update which I can’t do because I can’t log into LIVE from the new counsel. AND I can’t play any games until all of the above is refigured…. Help! And thanks in
    advance for the advice.

:)

trojansak47, Jan 23, 2014
  2. DoubleD005
    DoubleD005 Guest
    Buying new Xbox console, questions about moving saved info to new one

My old console died a week ago, was the older version console w/20 gig hard drive. It came with a memory card that I have all my saved game data on; however all purchased games and gamertag/Xbox Live account is on the hard drive. I prefer *not* to buy
    a transfer cable if I can prevent it, which leads me to the following questions-

1. Can I load up my gamertag/Xbox Live account on the new console without needing the old hard drive?

2. Can I re-download the games I purchased that are currently on the old hard drive?

3. Is there any way I can view what is left on the old hard drive to determine if it is worth it to move to the new console?

Thanks in advance for your replies, suggestions, links, etc new console old hard drive and live account :)

DoubleD005, Jan 23, 2014
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    New Slim, old hard drive?

In order to use your old games you must purchase either the 250 or 320 gb hard drive for the 360 slim console. Any attempt to fit your old hard drive would be considered modding and could result in your brand new console being banned from live.

onyxishere, Jan 23, 2014
  4. new console old hard drive and live account

Hey there, when plugging in an old HDD to a new consoles the profiles that are previously on there can sometimes have issues signing-in to Xbox Live. I would suggest deleting the profile from the console (profile only), clearing the system cache, restart
    the console and re-download your profile. Hopefully after your profile downloads it should automatically sign you into live.

-

Delete and re-download profile:
    support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

-

Clear cache:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

DigitalAssassin, Jan 23, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: