New 2013 Xbox one can’t get up and running

Discus and support New 2013 Xbox one can’t get up and running in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I just purchased a new Xbox one off eBay without much info. It turns out the Xbox one is from 2013 and has never been out of the box. It does turn... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Rob Hink, Dec 31, 2023.

1. Rob Hink
    Rob Hink Guest

Hi, I just purchased a new Xbox one off eBay without much info. It turns out the Xbox one is from 2013 and has never been out of the box. It does turn on, but I can’t get beyond the connect to the internet. I tried the wi-fi and that wouldn’t connect so I hard wired it to my spectrum router. That didn’t resolve the issue either. I checked with spectrum to make sure they weren’t blocking anything, and the Xbox shows that is it connected in the spectrum app of devices that are connected. I attempted to do an offline firmware update (my build) 9781.0.amd64fre and says Device not authenticated on the bottom line. I can’t seem to get the menu page up either to install the firmware. I am open to any suggestions, may even consider replacing the wi-fi card if I have to, but not sure that is the issue. I have replaced hdmi ports on these and have opened them up for repairing. I also tried connecting through manual MAC entry, with no luck.

This model has the button on the left side and the eject button on the front.

:)

Rob Hink, Dec 31, 2023
  2. Rob Hink Win User

Thanks for the reply. I cannot get into the troubleshoot menu at all to do the offline update or factory reset. No matter what combinations I have used, nothing seems to work. It just continually boots to the language page, country, and internet connection but can never get past that.

I’m still wondering why under the device: it says device not authenticated, and if it has something to do with that. I do have the serial number but is there anyone at Xbox that could help figure out why I can’t even get to the troubleshoot page or if there is a work around.
  3. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hello Rob,

Unfortunately, I don't have any further troubleshooting to offer.

There are many knowledgeable users active on the forum and I hope that someone else can offer further insight on your issue.

Thanks,

Rodrigo
  4. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Rob, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can try to do a system reinstall.

For a detailed guide, please use this link: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

It's a two-step process using a computer and your console, I highly recommend you use the above link for a better reading experience.

If you prefer a step-by-step guide here, please, follow these steps:

------------------------------------------------
    First Step (On the Computer):
    ------------------------------------------------

Plug your USB flash drive into a USB port on your computer.

Select the following link to download the reset file to your computer: https://www.xbox.com/xboxone/restorefactorydefaults

Select Save to save the console update.zip file to your computer (if it doesn't download automatically).

To unzip the compressed file, right-click on the file and then select Extract all from the pop-up menu.

Copy the $SystemUpdate file from the .zip file to your USB flash drive

---------------------------------------------------
    Second Step (On your console):
    ---------------------------------------------------

Unplug the network cable if you're using a wired network connection.

Power off your console, and then unplug the power cord to ensure that the console is completely powered off.

Wait 30 seconds, and then plug the power cord back in.

Plug the flash drive into a USB port on your console. For more information, see:

Press and hold the Pair button and the Eject button, and then press the Xbox (Power) button on the console.

Continue holding the Pair button and Eject button for 10-15 seconds.

Listen for two "power-up" tones a couple of seconds apart.

You can release the Pair button and Eject button after the second power-up tone.

When the console restarts, remove the flash drive.

Once the console restarts, you should see the digital setup experience to guide you through resetting your console.

Let me know if it works!
  5. HyruleBalverine Win User

beta

The Xbox Community Level program (XCL) is a new program that has assimilated the Community Ambassadors program, added the Enforcement United program (still in beta), and now is incorporating the 2013 Beta as a specialization. Because XCL is new, as it it's
    site (http://xcl.xbox.com), there are still some bugs being worked out. Xbox fully iintends for the 2013 beta testers to receive the Beta 2013 Avatar t-shirts (loot), but due to the bugs and/or the high volume
    of users attempting to access the site, the XCL site has crashed. Xbox will repair the site and get it up and running again so that beta participants can get their loot.
  6. zico291 Win User

Need for Speed Rivals

Thema:

1. New 2013 Xbox one can’t get up and running - Similar Threads - 2013 can’t running

2. How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do you connect the Xbox 360 WiFi adapter to the Xbox 360 E (2013)?: bought the Xbox 360 model e for my son and he can’t connect to WiFi because Xbox shut down their 360 servers so I need to know before I buy this WiFi adapter for the Xbox...
  3. I bought Black Ops 2 from 2013. It says I can't play online.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I bought Black Ops 2 from 2013. It says I can't play online.: So why is this happening? I've never bought an old game before, I can't just start playing it online? db5f151b-8120-443c-9746-f76014ec03c2
  4. Why has my purchase history between 2012 and early 2013 as gone missing??

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why has my purchase history between 2012 and early 2013 as gone missing??: I contacted xbox Support about me losing my Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for Xbox 360 when I downloaded Grand Theft Auto definitive edition. my Xbox said I do not own this game but previously I...
  5. 2013 Xbox One controllers not connecting to PC or Xbox One via USB.

in XBoX on Consoles
    2013 Xbox One controllers not connecting to PC or Xbox One via USB.: I have two Xbox One(2013) controllers. Both of them have worked fine wirelessly, and connect to my Xbox One(2013) no problem. However, when I tried to connect them to my PC(Windows 10), nothing...
  6. How would I get an old XBOX LIVE account from 2013 unbanned?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How would I get an old XBOX LIVE account from 2013 unbanned?: I was migrating my minecraft java account over to xbox and it turns out that the email that i've been using for years now was my old xbox 360 account that was banned in Black Ops 2 for some random...
  7. Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One controller (2013 Model) stopped working wired to my PC out of no where.: I've been using my Xbox One (2013 Model) on my PC to play games for months using the USB wire it came with and all of a sudden today it stopped working. 1. Yes, I've checked the wire. There's...
  8. Can you make f1 2013 backwards compatible. Considering it was released just over a month...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can you make f1 2013 backwards compatible. Considering it was released just over a month...: Considering it was released on october 4th 2013 and the xbox was released on the 15th of november 2013, why is not compatible and the disgrace of a game that was f1 2014 is...
  9. Microsoft Flight (2013) scam

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight (2013) scam: Hi, The game (Microsoft Flight 2013) won't let me access DLCs that I paid for. Sign in widget is broken, and you must sign in to access DLCs. It's been happening since 2014. I hoped it would be...
  10. Is there a way to get my tenure badge from my profile, back to when I started in 2013...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to get my tenure badge from my profile, back to when I started in 2013...: Not really sure when it changed but it wasn’t long ago….can I get some advice because I can’t get someone from Xbox it’s difficult I need to fix it my ocd keeps me disturbed over it....