Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?

Discus and support Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Why would I already have a screen name and 2 people in my contacts list that I don't know when I have never even used xbox live. My husband is thinking... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by heidi1974, Mar 4, 2019.

1. heidi1974
    heidi1974 Guest

Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why?

Why would I already have a screen name and 2 people in my contacts list that I don't know when I have never even used xbox live. My husband is thinking something "fishy" is going on because of this. Can I somehow pick up a neighbors gameplay or contacts
    or what? I'm going crazy here. thanks.

:)

heidi1974, Mar 4, 2019
  2. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

To add on more , you clearly use a microsoft account. If other people do have an xbox or other services , they could be in you contacts if they have an xbox account and just followed based on knowing you
  3. XsmkstarzX Win User

Hi sorry to hear this troubling you. You should be ok but if you feel your account etc. has been compromised please don't hesitate to check out the following link to better assist you in this matter.
  4. Flymonkey102 Win User

To add to what the Agent said people can also just follow you on that account as well so that's probably why you see them.
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

6. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello Heidi,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. When you have a Microsoft account and you log into anything Xbox. For example a Xbox console, website, or app it will automatically sign a gamer tag/username to that account. So the release of the first
    Xbox was back in November of 2001. You can request a call from support, they can look up and verify your email and tell you when your account was created and if there was a gamer tag change and when. If you have kids maybe you used your email for them at one
    point also.

When you go to Contact Us to get it to request a chat follow these steps:

• Step 1 ----select Xbox One
    • Step 2 ----select see other options then subscription changes
    • Step 3-----select show contact options

Step 4 ----select request call from support

Once they call explain the issue and they will be able to help you. Note that these options regularly change so just keep selecting something that gives request a call from support as a contact option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Never used xbox live, but somehow have a screen name, and 2 people in my contacts list. Why? - Similar Threads - Never used live

2. Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why am I getting charge 12.99 a month for something I've never used: Getting charged 12.99 a month for something I've never used 34e39b1d-8bfd-462e-aa83-18c9c3e7b069
  3. i never got a pc game pass free trial despite never using it, it just never showed up for...

in XBoX on Windows
    i never got a pc game pass free trial despite never using it, it just never showed up for...: i wanted to use it to play a game but i opened the microsoft story and saw no free trial and was confused because i have never had or used game pass or any free trial before and i thought i was...
  4. I have a random verify email on my account that I've never used before

in XBoX on Windows
    I have a random verify email on my account that I've never used before: I'm trying to use Microsoft rewards but when I try to redeem on my account it asks for Verfication on my email that starts with "NO" witch I've never used kr seen before so I need help...
  5. how do i remove or close this xbox account i never use?

in XBoX Accessibility
    how do i remove or close this xbox account i never use?: Alright, i've had this issue for years, and can't seem to get a fix for it. my main email somehow got an xbox profile made a long time ago. ive never used this profile before ever, now many years...
  6. Bought robux using xbox store, never got them because i dont have a xbox roblox account.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Bought robux using xbox store, never got them because i dont have a xbox roblox account.: I bought 800 robux using the xbox store and it said that the money was sent to my xbox roblox account but I don't have a xbox roblox account. So now i dont have the robux, I want to see how i can...
  7. I made and bought a controller using xbox design labs and never got a conformation email,...

in XBoX on Windows
    I made and bought a controller using xbox design labs and never got a conformation email,...: Will my order still come, and i just dont know when it will? or do i need to call my bank have it refunded, and then remake the controller? adba713f-61e8-4b48-ac79-327acb393159
  8. Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do pre-paid Xbox Live cards truly never expire? I'm trying to use one for my Xbox360, and...: I think I bought this card and a few others like 10+ years ago. 7758920b-969e-4650-aaeb-b2719d144879
  9. Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why I will never use a credit card again to pay for the XBox Live Gold Subscription: I should have paid better attention at the time of linking my credit card to my nephew's Xbox Live Gold subscription. My credit card statement shows a renewed Xbox Live Gold subscription fee in...
  10. Refund for Xbox live that I never use.

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Refund for Xbox live that I never use.: Hello Microsoft, I would like to know if I can get my money back for an Xbox live account I no longer use. See I got a three month membership using a promotion live gold had set up. However that...