Network Quality Problems

Discus and support Network Quality Problems in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm trying to determine why I am intermittently either not able to connect, or receive the "network quality problems" message while game streaming, to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JosephBirish, Nov 7, 2018.

1. JosephBirish
    JosephBirish Guest

Network Quality Problems

I'm trying to determine why I am intermittently either not able to connect, or receive the "network quality problems" message while game streaming, to my Xbox One X from my desktop pc.

• they both use a wired connection
    • they are both connected to the same switch
    • tried on/off Webroot's firewall on the PC
    • both are behind a pfSense firewall mini pc that also acts as the DNS and DHCP server for my home network, incl wireless
    • connected to the switch are the firewall mini pc, my desktop, the Xbox, and the Linksys mesh wireless network setup (in bridge mode so the wireless devices also use the mini pc for DHCP and DNS)
    • both the desktop and Xbox have had firewall rules added to have Open NAT in pfSense
    • intermittently I'll have streaming video quality issues while watching Netflix or Hulu on the Xbox. I've assumed that this is on Comcast's side as the entire network will intermittently have a massive drop in connection speed (desktop, pfSense, wireless
      devices, etc all show a huge drop in Mbps up/down)
    • network tests from Xbox all complete ok.

Any suggestions to look into further?

:)

JosephBirish, Nov 7, 2018
  2. Ariel Acu
    Ariel Acu Guest
    Network quality problems

Hi DarkAuri,

Let's try to isolate this issue so that we could identify first as to why you can't record game clips using the Xbox app on your Windows 10 computer. Kindly provide us the following information below:

• Can you tell us if you receive any error messages when trying to record games using the Xbox app?
    • Does the issue occur in any games that you tried to record?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

In the meantime, I recommend that you run the Windows app troubleshooter to scan and repair your Windows apps. You may refer to this

link
    to run the troubleshooter.

We look forward to your reply.

Ariel Acu, Nov 7, 2018
  3. DarkAuri
    DarkAuri Guest
    Network quality problems

Hello Support-team,

I got a problem; Everytime I start recording on the Xbox App on WIndows 10 I get Network quality problems. It won't go away even if I change the quality. The recording jerks and is darker than the game on the Xbox.

I searched a long time for a method to fix it, but I found nothing. Please help me

Best regards

DarkAuri, Nov 7, 2018
  4. XBF Nestor S
    XBF Nestor S Guest

Network Quality Problems

Hey Joseph thanks for taking the time to bring this issue to us!

We suggest checking out our
    Network Connection troubleshooter
    since there is some very helpful steps on there. If the issue persists then the problem could be coming from the
    actual OS of the console so we would suggest a
    Soft Factory Reset
    (while keeping games and apps) IF AND ONLY IF THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA IS MET:

• There is a stable network connection.
    • The information for all profiles is known (email and passwords)
    Once the setup is complete it will ask if we want to keep settings or manual setup lets do manual setup. Give it a shot and let us know of any changes!

XBF Nestor S, Nov 7, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Network Quality Problems