"Network isnt setup"

Discus and support "Network isnt setup" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, On my Xbox one it says i got a double nat message and if i test my network connection it says im connected but if i test my multiplayer connection... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Wi3Rd069, Jan 30, 2018.

1. Wi3Rd069
    Wi3Rd069 Guest

"Network isnt setup"

Hi,

On my Xbox one it says i got a double nat message and if i test my network connection it says im connected but if i test my multiplayer connection or nat type it says my "network isnt setup"

P.s

My friend has an open nat and i have a strict and i still cant join him on any game i thought strict nats could join an open nat type

Please reply A.S.A.P

:)

Wi3Rd069, Jan 30, 2018
  2. Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox connection worked 2 weeks ago

i couldn't find a topic match.

On my xbox one s, I receive error "not connected. Your network isnt set up." No networks are displayed. However my setup worked 2 weeks ago . Does this probably need to be sent to a service center or are there other things to try? Also, other devices
    work on our wireless. Thanks!

PlayfulCrayon93, Jan 30, 2018
  3. Home Network Setup

[quote user="Johnny Bananas"]
    I'm wondering if I should make any changes to my home network. Such as adding a switch, router etc.

Right now I have DSL from Bell. With all my devices connected to a Siemens Gigaset SE567 54Mbps 4-Port 10/100 Wireless G Router. I have a Xbox 360, Boxee Box and a Bell tv receiver hard wired to this router. Connected wireless, I have a laptop, another Boxee
    box and two iphones connected.

I have two 2TB harddrives connected to the wired boxee box and I stream alot of files between the two boxee boxes over wireless. I also transfer all my files from my laptop to the boxee box harddrives over wireless.

Also my highest priority is the xbox 360. I want this to have the best connection possible, when I am using it.

Thanks.

[/quote]You may find some useful information
    here

WILK0-98D843A7-6EBD-4ABC-A1C2-5D9DBF1CA00A, Jan 30, 2018
  4. Wi3Rd069
    Wi3Rd069 Guest

"Network isnt setup"

I want to clarify that my connection is wired

Wi3Rd069, Jan 30, 2018
  5. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    A Double NAT means you have two routers on the same network connection.

A normal connection, if you had cable as an example would be - Internet > Cable Modem > Router > Local devices (PC's, phones, Xbox)

Double NAT - Internet > Cable Modem > Router #1 > Router #2 > Local devices (PC's, phones, Xbox)

In that second scenario, going from local devices to router, the router number #2 is trying to manage the port traffic for all the devices but then router #1 is not passing the port information on through to the internet and giving you the NAT Type of strict.

You need to try and connect to that first router on your network there.

HAZMAT RADIO, Jan 30, 2018
  6. Wi3Rd069
    Wi3Rd069 Guest
    I dont know if i have a second router or if its a gateway

Wi3Rd069, Jan 30, 2018
  7. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Good point! A gateway is basically a modem and router together.

8. Wi3Rd069
    Wi3Rd069 Guest

"Network isnt setup"

is it a little box looking thing

Wi3Rd069, Jan 30, 2018
  9. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    A cable modem will have one coax cable connection and one network cable connection

A gateway will have one coax cable connection and 4 network cable connections

10. Wi3Rd069
    Wi3Rd069 Guest
    I have one coax cable connection and one network cable

Wi3Rd069, Jan 30, 2018
  11. HAZMAT RADIO
    HAZMAT RADIO Guest
    Ok, that is a cable modem. Meaning that device converts the cable signal to a network cable connection with a public IP address.

For testing what you can do is to unplug the power to the cable modem and turn off the xbox.

Then plug the network cable from the Xbox into the network cable port on the back of the modem and turn the modem back on.

After all the lights are up on the modem, then turn on the Xbox and go to the Network Settings on the xbox.

It may take a minute for the cable modem to give the Xbox an IP address but you should see a different IP address than these types below -

- 10.x.x.x

- 172.x.x.x

- 192.x.x.x

All of these IP addresses are what a router would hand out.

Your IP address should be different then those I just posted when the Xbox is connected directly to your cable modem

- Don't post your IP Address here -

If you get an IP address of 169.x.x.x then that means the Xbox is not getting an IP address of any type. And you might see that initially when connecting your Xbox to your cable modem.

Sometimes it takes a minute for the cable modem to pass that public IP address through to the Xbox

HAZMAT RADIO, Nov 1, 2018
  12. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

"Network isnt setup"

I have one coax cable connection and one network cable
    Ok, that is a cable modem. Meaning that device converts the cable signal to a network cable connection with a public IP address.

For testing what you can do is to unplug the power to the cable modem and turn off the xbox.

Then plug the network cable from the Xbox into the network cable port on the back of the modem and turn the modem back on.

After all the lights are up on the modem, then turn on the Xbox and go to the Network Settings on the xbox.

It may take a minute for the cable modem to give the Xbox an IP address but you should see a different IP address than these types below -

- 10.x.x.x

- 172.x.x.x

- 192.x.x.x

All of these IP addresses are what a router would hand out.

Your IP address should be different then those I just posted when the Xbox is connected directly to your cable modem

- Don't post your IP Address here -

If you get an IP address of 169.x.x.x then that means the Xbox is not getting an IP address of any type. And you might see that initially when connecting your Xbox to your cable modem.

Sometimes it takes a minute for the cable modem to pass that public IP address through to the Xbox
  13. Wi3Rd069 Win User

"Network isnt setup"

14. Wi3Rd069 Win User

"Network isnt setup"

I want to clarify that my connection is wired
  15. HAZMAT RADIO Win User

"Network isnt setup"

Good point! A gateway is basically a modem and router together.

is it a little box looking thing
    A cable modem will have one coax cable connection and one network cable connection

A gateway will have one coax cable connection and 4 network cable connections
  16. Nixelplex Win User

"Network isnt setup"

Thema:

"Network isnt setup"

1. "Network isnt setup" - Similar Threads - Network isnt setup

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  6. My Xbox isnt detciting wifi networks

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox isnt detciting wifi networks: I was on my Xbox S|X trying to play a game, when I realised my wifi wasnt connetcted. I go to “choose a connection” and no networks appear. I then manually put in the SSID and that dosent work...
  7. "Network isnt setup"

in XBoX on Consoles
    "Network isnt setup": Split from this thread. Okay. I woke up one morning and noticed that my xbox urged me to connect to the internet. At first, I didn't think much of it, and just power cycled my xbox. However,...
  8. error, theres a hardware problem, the wireless network hardware on this console isnt working ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    error, theres a hardware problem, the wireless network hardware on this console isnt working ...: i contacted xbox support and attemted the procedures to connect, but nothing works, but all of this came about after the preview program update. 881b7579-3383-4b10-b1c0-1b05c8434eaa
  9. Network isnt set up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network isnt set up: Hey! When I go to my settings and test my network connection it says I am connected to the internet, then when I go to test my NAT Type it says " Your Network isn't set up" My wifi is working on...
  10. Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console is unable to connect to my Wi-Fi, saying "the wireless network hardware isnt working": My console is not connecting to my Wi-Fi via wireless connection. the xbox is saying "the wireless network hardware isn't working". bf8473f7-2b17-4c19-8924-cc7f1c36d406