Network Cycling?

Discus and support Network Cycling? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I bought my series X almost a year ago and have connected to wifi the entire time. A week ago I attempted to connect via Ethernet and that is where the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by VEiLSapperDaddy, Oct 5, 2023.

1. Network Cycling?

I bought my series X almost a year ago and have connected to wifi the entire time. A week ago I attempted to connect via Ethernet and that is where the fun begins.

Console does not recognize a cable is plugged in at all. I know the cable is good because I tested it on my tv perfectly. I decided to reset my console thinking that whatever was rendering my ethernet port inoperable would be alleviated and, if not, could always fall back on the wifi connection. I was wrong. Not only did the reset NOT solve the ethernet port issue, but also has the wireless messed up. I connect to the network and about 20 sec later it disconnects for about 7-10 sec before reconnecting. The cycle is unending.

Trying to get tech support is impossible it seems. I either get a "Contact us for this issue" loop, get referred to a fellow gamer for support - first, my fellow gamer is going to, in my experience, just copy and paste "solutions" and tell me to just send it in if these don't work. didn't even try to figure out any details. The fellow gamer option is **** anyway. They just want to play games not do Microsofts job for them.

Trying to start a service request also throws me into a loop and my warranty expires in like 2 weeks.

:)

VEiLSapperDaddy, Oct 5, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Network Cycling?

That's good to hear. The power line adapter could be causing issues with the connection; if possible I'd recommend hard wiring it with a long LAN cable. Alternatively, if you already have coaxial cabling in your home, you could try MoCA which offers a higher transmission speed and better transmission quality than powerline.

Please reach back if you have further questions.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. VEiLSapperDaddy Win User

Network Cycling?

Just an update: There is no update yet. I have to take my console out to my parents' place. I want to give an offline update a fair shot at solving the issue.
  4. VEiLSapperDaddy Win User

Network Cycling?

I appreciate you! Will advise as needed.
  5. kyle_m4496 Win User

Network Cycling?

Got it, let me know how that goes.
  6. kyle_m4496 Win User

Network Cycling?

Hi. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

I've run into similar issues before, it's most likely caused by your router or modem. Have you tried restarting your router/modem?

I also recommend testing a different WiFi network such as a mobile hotspot to see if the issue persists.
Thema:

Network Cycling?

1. Network Cycling? - Similar Threads - Network Cycling

2. If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?

in XBoX on Consoles
    If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever?: If i network transfer a game from my xbox one to my xbox series s will it stay there forever? 633f1604-25c1-4c0e-91b3-038884d6a47e
  3. My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one will not connect to my network even though all other devices in the house are: Im visiting family and brought my xbox with me and when i set it up to use it worked just fine. I turned it off when i was done and came back a few hours later to find that it disconnected from...
  4. My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My current network status says the following services are experiencing issues and I bought...: My current network status says the following services is having issues and I bought my two games online and I can't play them , what do I do !? 044a95f1-4974-4e36-a680-99a15bc1c5f5
  5. How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I unlink a PlayStation Network account from my Microsoft account?: My Microsoft account is unfortunately linked to a PlayStation Network account that is not my own. I am not sure how long that account has been connected to my Microsoft account, but I was only...
  6. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  7. why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...

in XBoX on Consoles
    why does my xbox series show no wireless network and say that there is a problem with the...: a moment I reset my xbox and when it said to connect to a wireless network nothing was displayed so I tried to connect it via an ethernet cable it worked but when updating the xbox so that it is...
  8. 2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 Xboxes same network voice chat problems: We have 2 Xboxes, an Xbox One Series X and an Xbox One X. Both running Plantronics wireless headsets. NAT is open. State of the art Black Hawk router current Gen $700 I paid for it. These xboxes...
  9. Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Xbox deleted most of my captures even though I did not exceed the Xbox network storage...: I thought that Xbox was only deleting it for players who exceeded the storage limit but instead did it to everyone. Why Microsoft, you are literally the richest company in this world yet you can't...
  10. Xbox one will not conect to wifi or any network - it does not see any networks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one will not conect to wifi or any network - it does not see any networks.: So, I am not very smart when it comes to technology and this is my boyfriends Xbox One that is not working. He has had this for years and it has worked perfectly until the last couple of days. It...