Network bridge stops working when I make a different wifi connection?

Discus and support Network bridge stops working when I make a different wifi connection? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am using Win 7. I have an xbox 360 connected to the pc via powerline adapters, am sharing my video library and internet connection using internet... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Tsioc, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Tsioc
    Tsioc Guest

I am using Win 7. I have an xbox 360 connected to the pc via powerline adapters, am sharing my video library and internet connection using internet connection sharing by bridging my lan and wifi connections.

When I am connected to my apartment's free wifi(SSID Tenant Wifi), the xbox 360 can share the internet connection and access the videos and music on my pc just fine. I am now trying to connect to a different wifi signal (xfinitywifi). When I connect the
    pc can use the internet through the xfinitywifi just fine, but my 360 loses connection to both the wifi, and the pc in general. No music, no videos, no netflix. When I switch back to Tenant Wifi everything works normally again.

I have tried rebooting everything (pc, 360 and powerline adapters). I have tried going into the network settings and disabling the lan port, wifi adapter and network bridge, then re-enabling them again. None of this works.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance for taking the time to help me.

:)

Tsioc, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Destiny Crucible breaks xbox ones wifi adaptor.

Monkey Man I think your issue is probably different from this one. In this issue the WiFi adapter stops working entirely while playing Destiny. After I get disconnected, my console is no longer able to connect to any wireless network.

There are many (hundreds of threads) other issues reported on the destiny forums related to disconnecting from the game that don't impact the ability to connect to WiFi networks or Xbox live.

Darkforcesjedi, Jul 16, 2015
  3. jmcode
    jmcode Guest
    Can't play any online games, connected to xbox live though.

J Dub, no, you can get travel routers that support multiple modes, including bridge mode. This connects to the hotel's wifi then creates its own wifi on with an SSID and settings you specify.

I am very surprised you are getting open NAT in a hotel. Either the hotel has a fairly simple wifi network and working UPnP, or it is being erroneously reported as open.

jmcode, Jul 16, 2015
  4. AydenHendricks Win User

error 80151901

No, I did not get a chance to try ICS. When I did the bridge on his laptop it worked. And my brother has the slim xbox so it has built in wifi. Also, I probably wont be using my dads laptop because he was confused about the network bridge and he was having
    problems connecting to the internet. He was really dissapointed in me.
  5. KillaK51 Win User

Windows 8 connecting to Xbox Live through laptop

Hi everyone, i dont know if anyone has thought of this, but i have also been struggling with connecting to xbox live using my updated version of widows 8. I tried everything and it finally came to me. All you have to do for windows 8 is bridge the connection
    of the wifi and Ethernet in order for it to work. Now this is how i did it.

1. turn off your wifi

2. plug in Ethernet cord from router to your laptop, then restart your laptop.

3. right click on the network connection, and choose ope network connection and sharing. then go to change adapter setting. you will notice both ethernet and wifi are enable.

4. go to wireless one and make sure all sharing is off.

5. now highlight both ethernet and wireless and right click to get properties, then you will see the bridge.

it should bridge and you should be able to connect to xbox live using your windows 8 pc.
  6. MarsNeedsTacos Win User

Xbox one live stream issues.

Are you using a wired or WiFi network connection? Makes a huge difference.
  7. Darkforcesjedi Win User

Destiny Crucible breaks xbox ones wifi adaptor.

Monkey Man I think your issue is probably different from this one. In this issue the WiFi adapter stops working entirely while playing Destiny. After I get disconnected, my console is no longer able to connect to any wireless network.

There are many (hundreds of threads) other issues reported on the destiny forums related to disconnecting from the game that don't impact the ability to connect to WiFi networks or Xbox live.
  8. SID VICIOUS 101 Win User

Xbox One will not connect to Wifi

I have a similar problem. I was watching YouTube this morning and then it stopped the video. When I checked the network connection it was unable to connect to wifi. A couple of restarts of router and xbox later it appeared to connect ok but then stopped
    again within a few seconds and was back to not being able to connect to my wifi network. Fortunately I am able to use a wired connection and it is working fine on that. I appreciate this is not much help to you but at least you know you're not the only one.
    I have a BT Homehub. Just wondering if that is the cause.
Thema:

1. Network bridge stops working when I make a different wifi connection? - Similar Threads - Network bridge stops

2. Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why when I upload clips to Xbox Network they stop working?: I had a previous question about this, but I did some more testing and found more info that may help determine the problem. Essentially whenever I take a game clip I can access it through the...
  3. Why is Xbox Live network not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is Xbox Live network not working?: I have been playing the Witcher 2 lately and when I try to connect the emulator to the internet it gives me a connection error even though my Xbox is connected to the internet. Is there a fix for...
  4. My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox one X is connected to the internet, but says i'm not connected to the Xbox network.: My xbox X has not been used in 6 weeks. I turned it on today and it said I it was August 2019, though it had been used previously in 2024. I connected to the internet after chaanging the date...
  5. Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't sing in Xbox network for Sea Of Thieves.: Hi, operating on Windows 11 and I used to play SOT 1-2 years ago through Steam and now I'm getting the "You must be signed in to the Xbox network to play Sea of Thieves. Please sign in and try...
  6. I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cannot access xbox networking and xbox console companion in Windows 11: I installed Windows 11 recently, and was enjoying Forza Horizon 5 and one day i couldn't access online to play with friends. I reinstalled xbox and whole game but it wasn't fixed. I searched for...
  7. Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 WIFI Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it...: Is there a driver to pc for a "Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adapter" ? so that i use it on my computer so i put in my pc the xbox 360 wifi adapter, and it show up under my device manager, but The...
  8. how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network"

in XBoX on Consoles
    how to fix teredo error "Client on managed network": My friend and I are trying to play astroneer for the last week, but we found tons of problems with toredo in Windows 11, and now we are stuck with this error "Client on managed network". To be...
  9. Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network error when signing into Xbox 360 network.: I’ve been having countless issues trying to play old 360 games on my Xbox x the past week or so. It began with me being unable to even download my account to not being able to connect to Xbox...
  10. Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Star Trek Armada 2 on windows 11. Home network multiplayer setup start to finish. I need a...: Operating System: Windows 11. I got the CD but I need someone to help me set up my network so I can play multiplayer on home network with an identical cpu and game. Someone knowledgeable in the...