Network bridge doesnt have a valid IP configuration?

Discus and support Network bridge doesnt have a valid IP configuration? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Some of you might remember my last thread, in which all I did to fix my connection issues was bridge the wireless and ethernet connections. Basically... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mmmmmtoast, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mmmmmtoast
    mmmmmtoast Guest

Some of you might remember my last thread, in which all I did to fix my connection issues was bridge the wireless and ethernet connections.

Basically I have my 360 connected to my laptop and bridged the connections, I had to do this to get Open NAT settings. For some reason today my internet on my laptop doesn't work. So I remove the wireless connection from the bridge and my wifi works fine.
    Only I obviously can't connect my xbox to the internet now.

I have no idea why this happened this morning, nothing has changed as far as I know. I was playing until like 2 in the morning and I wake up at like 10 and it just doesn't work any more.

Please help me fix this and whatnot, until then I guess I can use ICS but I will only have moderate NAT. So I'd love if someone has any ideas. Before you ask, I have tried resetting my laptop, router, and modem and it didn't help at all.

Actually as I am typing this I tried reconnecting the bridge and it's technically connected, only this is the slowest thing I've ever seen. Here is my ipconfig info in case it'll help:

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.2.9200]

(c) 2012 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Matt>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Network Bridge:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::782e:6aa4:7079:910e%35

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.5

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

Wireless LAN adapter Local Area Connection* 13:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface:

IPv6 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 2001:0:5ef5:79fb:309e:2b92:3f57:fefa

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::309e:2b92:3f57:fefa%16

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : ::

Tunnel adapter isatap.{CD2E1509-E4F1-4DEA-83AB-9A647B4BBC8A}:

C:\Users\Matt>

Also, I checked the status of the bridge, IPv4 is connected, IPv6 is not, and it says media is connected.

Ok and as I try to post this, the connection died on me, so I'm right back where I started, not sure if that info helps, but yeah I'm going back to my moderate NAT just so I can play Xbox Live again for now. Please do help me soon.

:)

mmmmmtoast, Mar 13, 2014
  2. GMAN990
    GMAN990 Guest
    Cant Optain IP Adress!?? Network Bridge?

What network bridge do you have? If you've changed your router you might have to setup the bridge again with a new ip address

GMAN990, Mar 13, 2014
  3. Quickze
    Quickze Guest

Ok so i have been connected to xbox live via network bridge for months but recently changed from 10 meg internet to 30 meg internet therefore needed a new router ever since everytime i try to connect to xbox live it dosnt get passed the connecting to network
    part and says "cant obtain ip address"? any ideas?

Quickze, Mar 13, 2014
  4. Network bridge doesnt have a valid IP configuration?

Hi Toast,

What kind of network are you on? A hotel or dorm network? I ask because I am curious as to
    why you are needing to bridge your connection.

The Last Ewok, Mar 14, 2014
  5. mmmmmtoast
    mmmmmtoast Guest
    Just my home network. If I use ICS like I am currently using, I cannot set a static IP to my xbox so I can't forward the right ports to it and get Open NAT settings.

Only problem is that now the bridge isn't working for who knows what reason, it worked fine for a few days and my LIVE connection was decent before this happened.

mmmmmtoast, Oct 31, 2018
  6. mmmmmtoast Win User

Just my home network. If I use ICS like I am currently using, I cannot set a static IP to my xbox so I can't forward the right ports to it and get Open NAT settings.

Only problem is that now the bridge isn't working for who knows what reason, it worked fine for a few days and my LIVE connection was decent before this happened.
  7. The Last Ewok Win User

Hi Toast,

What kind of network are you on? A hotel or dorm network? I ask because I am curious as to
    why you are needing to bridge your connection.
  8. GMAN990 Win User

What network bridge do you have? If you've changed your router you might have to setup the bridge again with a new ip address
  9. Vladoski50 Win User

Network issues with xbox one.

It sees the network. Under network settings, it grabs ip/dns/subnet from the router's dhcp. it just will not get internet connection even with proper configuration without rebooting the router. Again, every other device plugged into the bridge router works
    without problem. It's just xbox one acting up.
  10. Dérek Augusto Win User

Can't play Halo Infinite Campaign using Game Pass

If it has never been configured with a fixed IP, your network will constantly change its IP and configurations.
Thema:

1. Network bridge doesnt have a valid IP configuration? - Similar Threads - Network bridge doesnt

2. Network issue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network issue: I recently bought a refurbished xbox online from gamestop and it wont connect to the wifi. Sometimes if I'm lucky itll connect but I found out I need to switch to IPv6 I have IPv4 but I dont know...
  3. Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 E says I need wireless network adapter?: So I have my Xbox 360 E and I wanted to connect it to internet because I heard that the Xbox 360 E has it built in so I don’t. Need to buy any extra stuff but when I try connecting it to my WiFi...
  4. Xbox 360 network and live pro

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 network and live pro: Hi! Dear helping hands, I’m having an issue accessing my Xbox live account referring to (Mod Removed) Console number: (Mod Removed) ✓ We tried many solutions we have found on the net. ✓...
  5. Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Fortnite Cross-Network chat for Under 10's: My son (9) currently plays Fortnite with his older brother (11), one on Switch the other on PS5. There are no issues with cross-network chat with this setup. We've recently purchased a Series S...
  6. Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t my xbox captures upload to OneDrive or the xbox network: My game captures are not uploading to one drive and the xbox network and are stuck at 0%. I have tried restarting the console multiple times but it still does not work. My wifi is perfect and the...
  7. I have a network setup it pops in and out

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have a network setup it pops in and out: What does it mean when it says a network is not setup but I have one setup? 317bffea-92f9-42bb-b48e-6a7f41161174
  8. Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgrading to gig internet breaks series x and s network performance: Hi. I bought a series x and upgraded to gig internet speed. My speeds became slower than before I upgraded. I had my ISP come out over ten times and they found no problems on their end. I have...
  9. Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series s unable to connect to xbox network: Logged off the console last night everything was fine. This morning its unable to connect to the network. Tried doing a console reset (power cycle) and then tried a reboot. Now it wont load up as...
  10. Cannot connect to the Xbox network

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to the Xbox network: Despite being connected to the internet on my Xbox and other devices, and being able to play online games with friends I have been unable to download/update any games, open avatar editor, the...