Netgear: Slow Upload despite fast upload connection to ISP

Discus and support Netgear: Slow Upload despite fast upload connection to ISP in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers): Slow Upload despite fast upload connection to ISP (Xbox One) Hi, my issue is pretty brief, I'll explain. My ISP download is 25mbps... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Boost King, Oct 16, 2016.

1. Boost King
    Boost King Guest

Netgear (Routers): Slow Upload despite fast upload connection to ISP (Xbox One)
    Hi, my issue is pretty brief, I'll explain.

My ISP download is 25mbps and my upload is 10mbps.

These speeds are consistent on my PC, ipad, iPhone, PS4 and more.

On my XBox One, it shows in the connection test area that my download is 25mbps and upload is just 1.5 - 2.0 mbps.

I spent an hour on the phone with Xbox, and there was no resolution. I called my ISP, my Nat is open and the connection is not throttled in any way.

I've connected the xbox via wireless and Ethernet, tried 2.4ghz, 5ghz etc, no difference.

Ports are forwarded also.

I've recalled my ISP, there is nothing at their end, they insist its an issue with Xbox. THe support representative advised to send the Xbox back (my brand new Slim Console), I said I have a second console which I can test (still got my day 1 edn) and yep,
    100% the same result. So that rules out a faulty console.

In the end, tech support gave up on the issue and said as long as the service is 1.5mbps that's all Xbox Live requires. THe reason I want more (and the reason I switched ISPs) was to have around 5mbps upload so I can twitch stream my gaming from my console.
    I have the upload, that's proven, but the Xbox just refuses to do anything above 1.5-2.0 mbps no matter what we tried.

I have a Netgear AC1900 Nighthawk router also.

Any tips or assistance will be great. Even with priority Qos uploads prioritized for gaming, nothing changes at all which is a real bugger.

Any help from anyone is appreciated.

:)

Boost King, Oct 16, 2016
  2. Miss Portia
    Miss Portia Guest
    Server Disconnected on MW3 5 mins into the game

Unfortunately those speeds are a little slow, especially the upload speed. We really suggest at least 3.5Mbps for download and 1Mbps for upload. The ping is a bit high too. Would you be able contact your ISP and ask if there is anything they can do to speed
    up your connection?

Miss Portia, Oct 16, 2016
  3. {Parity}
    {Parity} Guest
    For those who have no or very rare NAT / connection issues. What ISP, modem, router do you use? Please help!

I don't experience any connection issues and my NAT is always open. My ISP is Mediacom and my service is 100+ Mbps download and 20 + Mbps upload. I use a Netgear R7000 router with an ARRIS TM822 cable modem. I always connect wired with a static/reserved
    IP address.

{Parity}, Oct 16, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: