Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired ...

Discus and support Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired ... in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired and wireless devices? Have you tried switching... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Tru7h, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Tru7h
    Tru7h Guest

Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired ...

Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Why is my internet speed topping out at roughly 72Mpbs on both wired and wireless devices?
    Have you tried switching to a Cat 6 to see if that helps?

You could also see if there is a line filter issue with your ISP. The other Ambassadors are correct though, you will never hit your top amount on a regular basis.

:)

Tru7h, Oct 15, 2018
  2. ItsTheKing11
    ItsTheKing11 Guest
    Can't connect to multiplayer games after Restart/Clear Alternate MAC Address

I've tried my Xfinity 5 GHZ router, both wired and wireless, and my Netgear Nighthawk AC1900 both wired and wireless. Everytime I have to restart my console, the games will not connect to multiplayer.

ItsTheKing11, Oct 15, 2018
  3. KurtBumbulis
    KurtBumbulis Guest
    Replaced old model xbox with brand new one - won't connect to the wifi

Hello. THank you in advance.

I have a Netgear N600 WNDR3400

modem is Arris TM822

both supplied by cablevision

KurtBumbulis, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Echo4Ent
    Echo4Ent Guest

How fast is your internet service? What speed are you expecting to see when running an internet speed test?

Your tested speed is going to be limited to the lowest rated connection:

You have Cat5e on one section, then it has to go through a Cat 5 connection, and then out to your internet service. Given that you are seeing 72Mbps, I would guess your limit is the actual internet service that you have.

If you have a fast internet service, then that Cat5 cable would be the next bottleneck. Also, be aware that IP network traffic has overhead, so you can expect to test a little lower than the specs suggest.

Echo4Ent, Oct 15, 2018
  5. WhiteyBlack2
    WhiteyBlack2 Guest
    you can have 100 meg of data speed but rarely the provider give you all the speed and if you have it and have more than one thing connected to the router the speed goes down.

WhiteyBlack2, Oct 15, 2018
  6. Theres too many variables at play. We see a lot of posts about this exact issue and even in a perfect setup Microsoft would probably still not allow 100% bandwith on it’s service.

coco meat train, Oct 15, 2018
  7. Have you tried switching to a Cat 6 to see if that helps?

You could also see if there is a line filter issue with your ISP. The other Ambassadors are correct though, you will never hit your top amount on a regular basis.

ZombieJesterCOE, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: