Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router

Discus and support Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router Here is a potential solution for you 1. Login to your router You can do this by... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by MadmaxJH32, Jan 28, 2017.

1. MadmaxJH32
    MadmaxJH32 Guest

Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Can't get OPEN NAT through router
    Here is a potential solution for you
    1. Login to your router
    You can do this by navigating to your gateway in your internet browser (I recommend using a PC for this but it can probably be done on the Xbox browser). To find your gateway, go to your network details in Xbox or run ipconfig in your cmd window
    on your PC.

For example, let's say your gateway is 192.168.0.1. To login to your router, type
    http://192.168.0.1 into your browser. Change this IP address accordingly to match your gateway, just make sure you put http:// in front of it.

You can login to the WNDR3400 router using "admin" as the username. The password, unless you have changed it, is password. NOTE: Change this password if you haven't already.

2. Click the Advanced tab -> Advanced Setup -> IPv6
    This opens your IPv6 settings. These are set to disabled by default. To change this setting, click the drop-down on the right side of the screen and change it to Auto Detect.

Click Apply Settings

3. After waiting a full minute, click Status Refresh
    Allow the status to refresh, and then check to see if it updates. If it still says detecting... then wait a few minutes and try again.

4. Check your NAT type on your Xbox
    Navigate back to your Xbox Network Settings and test your NAT. It should now say that it is open.

:)

MadmaxJH32, Jan 28, 2017
  2. zLemonProz
    zLemonProz Guest
    Netgear Netgear WNDR3400: Need help with my NAT type

Netgear (Routers) Netgear WNDR3400: Need help with my NAT type
    I have been trying everything to get my NAT type open but nothing works because no one has the same NAT type as mine:

NAT type: Strict

Your network is behind a port-symmetric NAT

its very frustrating having a strict NAT type so please help

zLemonProz, Jan 28, 2017
  3. leonard1111
    leonard1111 Guest
    Mw3 Connection Issues

Router is N600 Dual Band NETGEAR WNDR3400

leonard1111, Jan 28, 2017
  4. bendres97
    bendres97 Guest

Here is a potential solution for you
    1. Login to your router
    You can do this by navigating to your gateway in your internet browser (I recommend using a PC for this but it can probably be done on the Xbox browser). To find your gateway, go to your network details in Xbox or run ipconfig in your cmd window
    on your PC.

For example, let's say your gateway is 192.168.0.1. To login to your router, type
    http://192.168.0.1 into your browser. Change this IP address accordingly to match your gateway, just make sure you put http:// in front of it.

You can login to the WNDR3400 router using "admin" as the username. The password, unless you have changed it, is password. NOTE: Change this password if you haven't already.

2. Click the Advanced tab -> Advanced Setup -> IPv6
    This opens your IPv6 settings. These are set to disabled by default. To change this setting, click the drop-down on the right side of the screen and change it to Auto Detect.

Click Apply Settings

3. After waiting a full minute, click Status Refresh
    Allow the status to refresh, and then check to see if it updates. If it still says detecting... then wait a few minutes and try again.

4. Check your NAT type on your Xbox
    Navigate back to your Xbox Network Settings and test your NAT. It should now say that it is open.

bendres97, Jul 4, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: