Netgear: my ping is high

Discus and support Netgear: my ping is high in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers): my ping is high Your ping is 85ms towards what server? Where are you located? What connection type are you using?... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by Outrank, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Outrank
    Outrank Guest

Netgear (Routers): my ping is high
    :)

Outrank, Dec 27, 2016
  2. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    High ping?

Hey there Aubanater.

To check, has your ping always sat at that level? An issue like that is generally going on your network provider's side of things. If you haven't already tried, from a PC, please run this
    Network Speedtest and let us know what kind of Ping you're seeing on that side.

Mister Maka, Dec 27, 2016
  3. Steph_Corner
    Steph_Corner Guest
    high ping

Hi CleanCalf366551 there is a few things you can do the first thing I suggest is to go to your network and run a network detail stats test this will be a screenshot of what youre running at that very moment compare it to speed test you do on your computer
    you use Speedtest.net that's a good site to use. Look for three things

DOWNLOAD SPEED compare to your speed test (keep in mind this can be a little lower than what youre getting from your pc usually in a window 10 to 15 down from your what you get on your pc)

UPLOAD SPEED This should not be higher than your download speed

PACKET LOSS THIS SHOULD BE LESS THAN 2%

once you do this Go offline on your console and power down for 30 second and make sure it plugged into the outlet not a power supply as xbox one have a built in power supply

if this doesnt work check your updates go to system, console info and update , and then update look for latest update status see if the update is successful if it is not and it has failed you will need to reset your console don't worry you can reset and
    keep your games and apps so you don't have to reinstall everything! only thing you need to ensure is that you have your email and pass handy before you do that step

This usually resolve the issue if not then look into opening your ports on your router

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live
    remember everything is controlled by your router (its like your car (xbox) if the gas (network) has water (block ports) your car isn't going to run very well)

Xbox Live Connection Help | First Time Xbox One Connection | Xbox One Help

good luck!

Steph_Corner, Dec 27, 2016
  4. Outrank
    Outrank Guest

so you guy are just gonna view my post and not help me , heard yah

Outrank, Dec 27, 2016
  5. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Your ping is 85ms towards what server?

What connection type are you using?