Netgear: Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal

Discus and support Netgear: Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Routers): Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal I recently started having problems keeping a connection to XBOX Live on my... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by DiMeSBaGPANTERA, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Netgear: Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal

Netgear (Routers): Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal
    I recently started having problems keeping a connection to XBOX Live on my 360 slim. I have replaced my router with a Linksys AC1750. I have it in bridge mode since I am also using a Smooth Wall Express 3.1 firewall. I have called my provider, they have
    rewired my connection to my modem and replaced the modem. I have checked my speed and am getting a full 66 meg down and 6 meg down from my laptops on the same new equipment. I have replaced all my cables with CAT 6 cables. Wifi signal is at full 4 bars on
    the xbox and it still fails to connect. I have taken my firewall out of the mix and hooked up to router directly by cable and It will still not connect. I have added rules to allow all ports allowed that Live requires . With out doing a mod to the antenna
    or possibly replacing the wifi card I am at a complete loss. Any other advice is appreciated .

:)

DiMeSBaGPANTERA, Nov 19, 2016
  2. apd69
    apd69 Guest
    Xbox Live wont stay connceted or get signal most of the time

Here goes. I have a new Xbox with build in wifi, it is only one room away from my router. it only finds my router about every 3 or 4 searchs (other times says no wifi).

Then when it says is has full signal it will connect to to router-internet-then live. Well that only last for seconds then it goes back to no connections. Sometimes it connect to everything but live. I have set all ports on the router like other forums
    have said, this did not help at all.

I have other wifis (laptop phone) in same room with a great signal. Im using a few month old netgear router.

The strange thing is I had a older Xbox with external wifi and not problems at all.

I know its not a bad Xbox because I returned it last night and the new one does exact same thing.

I hope I listed all info I needed..

Thanks for your help.

apd69, Nov 19, 2016
  3. DoctorBill
    DoctorBill Guest
    Hooking XBox 360 (Xenon) to Wireless Router ?

I have several other threads about my $30 XBox 360 Garage Sale find (Xenon).

Just cleaned it out on another Thread.

I tried to hook up a NetGear 60 receiver into the USB port, but XBox does not
    recognize it. It is about 10 ft from the NetGear 60 transmitter.

Netgear: Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal [​IMG]

Does on HAVE to have an XBox 360 Wireless Adapter ?
    If so, would it read my NetGear 60 signal ?

If it would work - how do I connect it ?

I hope someone reading this can answer these questions !

DoctorBill

DoctorBill, Nov 19, 2016
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Netgear: Failed to connect to XBOX live but have full wifi signal