Netgear: Cannot connect range extender to Xbox 1

Discus and support Netgear: Cannot connect range extender to Xbox 1 in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Cannot connect range extender to Xbox 1 Hi, Can anyone help. I have a n300 Wi-Fi range extender that is failing to... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by progamer772005, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Netgear: Cannot connect range extender to Xbox 1

Netgear (Modems/Gateways): Cannot connect range extender to Xbox 1
    Hi, Can anyone help.

I have a n300 Wi-Fi range extender that is failing to connect to my son's Xbox 1 console. I have a sky black coloured router and entered the settings portal. The access control box is unchecked and the extender is shown in the available wireless stations.
    However, I cannot get the Xbox to connect to the range extender, any ideas would be welcome.

:)

progamer772005, Feb 4, 2017
  2. Need Xbl data measurement?

Due to our Modem having a small signal range, I am using a Wifi Extender for get my xbox to be connected as well as my other devices. We have a router but it's getting it configured that I give up on.

The Extender I'm using is Netgear WN 2500RP and the router I haven't configured is Netgear WNR 1000.

Daniel Deleanu, Feb 4, 2017
  3. Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: DNS is not responding to Xbox server names

Wireless Repeaters/Range Extenders: DNS is not responding to Xbox server names
    Hi,

I am trying to connect my Xbox one to my netgear ex6000 plug in extender but it always comes up with dns is not responding to Xbox server names. My x box is in the bedroom furthest away from the virgin super hub 3 router to get a signal so I cannot use
    an Ethernet cable. I therefore purchased an netgear ex6000 plug in extender to expand the signal. The Xbox can see the ext 2g and ext 5g signals but it won't connect. I have tried hard reset on the plug in extender and obviously the Xbox. If anyone can shed
    some light on what the issue is, I would be grateful. Thx

Craig

JzP x RAPIDZz, Feb 4, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Netgear: Cannot connect range extender to Xbox 1