netflix wont open

Discus and support netflix wont open in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i get a error message saying 0x80073cf6 but when i look up the error code it says they cant find that code. ive deleted and reinstalled netflix... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MrTrainwreckd, Feb 21, 2017.

1. netflix wont open

i get a error message saying 0x80073cf6 but when i look up the error code it says they cant find that code. ive deleted and reinstalled netflix multiple times to try and fix the issue and it keep doing the same thing. any advise or help!?

:)

MrTrainwreckd, Feb 21, 2017
  2. C3l3biXtreme
    C3l3biXtreme Guest
    Netflix wont open.

So my netflix app fails to open whenever i try to. But the weird thing is that it works just fine when someone else uses their xbox account. (they are using a different netflix account as well) i have tried many times to reinstall the app but it never solves
    the problem. This problem started a few months ago and i thought it would fix after a while. Whenever i try to open the appcit says "something went wrong" and it gives the normal words that always happen and the error code is 0x80073cf6 but when i tried searching
    this code it doesnt show up. Netflix works fine on my phone and playstation but it doesnt work on my xbox one or 360.

C3l3biXtreme, Feb 21, 2017
  3. xTomokuro
    xTomokuro Guest
    Netflix wont open.

Hey! This is odd. I can suggest you try to power cycle your Xbox One by holding down the power button for about 6 seconds until it powers off and wait a few seconds and turn it on again then try opening the app again. What this does is reset the system and
    clears the cache, which ends up solving a lot of problems people have.

If this still didn't work I recommend you call 1-800-469-9269 this is the Xbox Customer Service number.

~When you mention it does it for both 360 and One, it makes me think it could be your account if you don't have a netflix membership linked or an expired membership

xTomokuro, Feb 21, 2017
  4. JasonAdams
    JasonAdams Guest

netflix wont open

I have tried the same steps described above to no avail, also tried unplugging power to the xbox one for about a minute and no change... also, the Report a problem has the exact same behavior...

NOTE: I clicked "Report" button in original post, thinking I could also fill out a report on the issue... now I see there is a hammer next to this, so I'm afraid this may be like a ban hammer? No hover text and no way to clear my button click FAIL... super
    FAIL

JasonAdams, Feb 27, 2017
  5. Hardik_Shah
    Hardik_Shah Guest
    To fix it just a reset without deleting any games and update the Xbox Video app, which is now called TV and Movies.

All Settings -> System -> Console info and updates -> Reset console -> Reset and keep my Games & Apps

This should fix error 0x80073cf6

Hardik_Shah, Feb 28, 2017
  6. Hardik_Shah
    Hardik_Shah Guest
    Try the steps mentioned above. That should fix the error for you.

Hardik_Shah, Nov 2, 2018
  7. JasonAdams Win User

netflix wont open

I have tried the same steps described above to no avail, also tried unplugging power to the xbox one for about a minute and no change... also, the Report a problem has the exact same behavior...

NOTE: I clicked "Report" button in original post, thinking I could also fill out a report on the issue... now I see there is a hammer next to this, so I'm afraid this may be like a ban hammer? No hover text and no way to clear my button click FAIL... super
    FAIL
  8. xTomokuro Win User

Netflix wont open.

Hey! This is odd. I can suggest you try to power cycle your Xbox One by holding down the power button for about 6 seconds until it powers off and wait a few seconds and turn it on again then try opening the app again. What this does is reset the system and
    clears the cache, which ends up solving a lot of problems people have.

If this still didn't work I recommend you call 1-800-469-9269 this is the Xbox Customer Service number.

~When you mention it does it for both 360 and One, it makes me think it could be your account if you don't have a netflix membership linked or an expired membership
  9. Hardik_Shah Win User

netflix wont open

FAIL
    Try the steps mentioned above. That should fix the error for you.
  10. Hardik_Shah Win User

netflix wont open

To fix it just a reset without deleting any games and update the Xbox Video app, which is now called TV and Movies.

All Settings -> System -> Console info and updates -> Reset console -> Reset and keep my Games & Apps

This should fix error 0x80073cf6
  11. AqwaPheonix67 Win User

ERROR CODE 807B0193 HELP

Having the same issue, found a small work around. Opened Netflix from pins and it worked but wont out if the apps menu.
Thema:

netflix wont open

1. netflix wont open - Similar Threads - netflix wont open

2. Netflix wont open on Xbox 360

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix wont open on Xbox 360: Ive tried multiple times to open Netflix on my Xbox 360, but it goes to a blank screen every time, i even reverted an redid system updates but the issue was not solved...
  3. wont let me go onto netflix and youtube ect

in XBoX Games and Apps
    wont let me go onto netflix and youtube ect: i got a laptop recently and logged in with Microsoft using the same account on my xbox. out of nowhere i now cant click onto youtube or netflix on my xbox without it mentioning restrictions from...
  4. netflix app wont install

in XBoX Games and Apps
    netflix app wont install: netflix app wont install with an error code of 0x80073D05. how do i fix this de9b1b91-ff1a-4e36-b560-e63a7096973a
  5. Netflix and Amazon Prime Video app wont load

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix and Amazon Prime Video app wont load: Anyone else having this issue? Started two days ago and it just says give it minute and if that doesn’t work restart the Xbox. Seems odd that both apps went down at the same time. They both work...
  6. xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer)

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one connects to router, but wont allow internet access (netflix shows stop at 25% buffer): Hi all, this only started 2 days ago, cannot explain why. We have not changed any settings. Netflix shows stop buffering at 25%, games will not load. Cannot connect to Xbox live. I connect...
  7. Netflix an youtube wont work... any help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix an youtube wont work... any help please: Netflix stopped working about a week ago and more recently youtube... any ideas... its frustrating now Phil 5f758e01-6af5-4c82-8c74-20d2edcc13ac
  8. youtube and netflix apps wont work

in XBoX Games and Apps
    youtube and netflix apps wont work: 2 days ago the netflix app on my xbox one stopped working all i get is a message saying "sorry looks like our service isn't working right now try later" A day later and now im having the exact...
  9. Netflix wont open.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix wont open.: So my netflix app fails to open whenever i try to. But the weird thing is that it works just fine when someone else uses their xbox account. (they are using a different netflix account as well) i...
  10. Netflix wont open on XB1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix wont open on XB1: About a week ago, Netflix was working fine. Yesterday I tried to open it, and it just keeps going back to XBox home screen. I tried restarting the App, I've restarted my console about a dozen...