Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

Discus and support Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Oceanclub, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Oceanclub
    Oceanclub Guest

I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other streaming apps.

However, Netflix entirely bypasses this. So once his screentime runs out, he can continue to watch Netflix while not signed in.

Does anyone know if Netflix is aware of this and if there's any workaround?

P.

:)

Oceanclub, Jan 11, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

i'm unaware of any workaround, but you should contact Netflix customer service because they're the ones who create their own app, so they're the ones who need to fix the parental controls.
  3. SilentJay76 Win User

Family Safety - Child Bypassing Security

Hi Ashley,

this sounds a bit too complicated to solve efficiently via a forum. Your best bet ist probably to contact Xbox Support directly - https://support.xbox.com

To be honest, if your kid continues to break the rules, you should take his Xbox away for a week. If he then does it again, take it away for a month. Having his own Xbox is a privilege. He really should learn to appreciate it, instead of abusing it.
    (Just my two cents worth, obviously.)
  4. XxSyndicateexX Win User

Family Safety - Child Bypassing Security

I would recommend contacting Xbox Support to receive the best possible advice and guidance.

Kind Regards
  5. Geth Win User

WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY ??????????????????????????????????

If it's a dvd I don't think Xbox restrictions are the issue. If it's netflix safety settings that has to be addressed on there site.

If it's a movie purchased through Xbox it has to be fixed via settings, and family.
  6. Riaan Swanepoel Win User

Microsoft Family Safety:

nah MS says it's some security thing that they trying to disable...
Thema:

1. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety - Similar Threads - Netflix Bypasses Microsoft

2. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  3. I have logged in to Netflix on my Xbox. However I went to log in on my phone and I can’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have logged in to Netflix on my Xbox. However I went to log in on my phone and I can’t...: Hello, I logged into Netflix on my Xbox and my sky box and have been using it for a year. However I went to log in this morning on my phone and I can’t remember the password. I also don’t have...
  4. Netflix issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Netflix issue: Xbox S question. My controller no longer works, so I've been using the My Xbox apps "console controller" option to work my console. It works fine for everything except my Netflix. I just renewed...
  5. My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...: When I connect to my phone Hotspot it works. And my ps4 works perfectly fine on the wifi. I've tried everything even reseting my xbox 4b418d12-66a4-4a94-b11a-eba588e06538
  6. Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox: I have been SEARCHING online for an answer to how I can get my Netflix account on my Xbox without signing my partner out of theirs, we have different gamertags and Netflix accounts and would like...
  7. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  8. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  9. Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023: Since the update this week both netflix and prime video no longer launch. When you click on them literally nothing happens, the app doesn't even try to open. They were both working just before the...
  10. Problem with netflix after latest xbox series x console update

in XBoX on Windows
    Problem with netflix after latest xbox series x console update: [img] Hi everyone after the last two xbox console updates I am having issues with netflix where if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charging cable I get this error on netflix I never...