Netflix / HBOGO frame rate Issue as of latest system update.

Discus and support Netflix / HBOGO frame rate Issue as of latest system update. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, This issue came to my attention since the recent update [(xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre ] done on June 3 2015. Issue: Video watched only on... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by DrazaTech, Jun 11, 2015.

1. DrazaTech
    DrazaTech Guest

Hello,

This issue came to my attention since the recent update [(xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre ] done on
    June 3 2015.

Issue: Video watched only on streaming apps seems to have a constant
    Judder or almost as if it's trying to maintain video performance with the frame rate. The best to describe this symptom is similar as to what you would get when playing a PC game with v-sync off where the screen tears due to the fluctuating
    frame-rate and not a fix one. Well imagine that but in a mild manner for
    Netflix.

I became aware of this while watching some sequences (panning / zooming) in
    Star Wars: Clone Wars 3D animated series. I figured at the time that it may have been just an issue with just that batch of TV episodes in the
    Netflix library. Fast forward to last Sunday.. of course Game Of Thrones time!

Same thing. I opened HBOGO, put in GoT latest episode and in the sequence where the screen was panning from left to right as well as the introduction of the dragon
    it was very very noticeable (more noticeable than on Netflix) this frame rate issue that is plaguing my streaming video apps.

Today I decided to watch another movie on Netflix (non animated) and noticed the same issue I saw on
    HBOGO, again very mild but noticeable. At this point I was compelled to think maybe it's just my Marantz NR1403 (AVR) is the culprit. I decided to test Netflix on the
    Wii U (as HBOGO is not available on
    Wii U) and that's when I noticed that it was working 100% without any judder The Wii
    U
    is also connected to the Marantz NR1403.

(I say Judder because Jitter would be too strong of a word to compare to what I am experiencing. It's like a muddy jitter).

- Games work fine. No performance issue.

- Live TV is not affected by this, I've seen all 3 NBA Finals games (via Comcast @ 720p but upscaled by the
    Xbox 1 to 1080p or so I think the
    Xbox does this?).

Troubleshooting Done:

- Uninstall of video apps and unused game demos within the Xbox One. (I was at 85% used storage, now back to 60%).

- 30 second power cycle, as every normal tech support / customer service procedure that's done for every consumer electronics device I am aware of.

- Reinstall of video apps. Same symptoms.

Bottom line: I think this is a system resource issue with the latest OS update affecting video streaming apps.

OR

This is a codec issue associated to the latest OS update.

OR

(being that this is a Microsoft brand Console, and seeing how I've seem similar situations like this on Windows 7 associated with silverlight.. **also MS brand product).

Silverlight would need a "clear cache / clear data" but.. OH there's no such thing on Xbox One. (all guesses of course but calculated guesses).

PLEASE FIX. I believe this is a software issue and not a hardware issue.

PLEASE HELP. I'd like to finish watching my movies .. I do not want to go to my Wii
    U
    to watch the content.

:)

DrazaTech, Jun 11, 2015
  2. BOJOBLUE
    BOJOBLUE Guest
    Horrendous frame rate across several backwards compatible titles

I'm having a terrible frame rate problem with Left 4 Dead 2 on the new XB1"S" system! Worked fine on my old system and maybe it's the new system update but 90% of the time the frame rate drops to unplayable levels during gameplay. I'm using the digital
    version of the game.

BOJOBLUE, Jun 11, 2015
  3. DVBOY1
    DVBOY1 Guest
    Netflix Frame Rate.

There seems to be a few issues concerning Netflix ever since the June update.

My problem, is with the frame rate. The image is very juddery when the picture pans to the left or right. It's very distracting!

With the last update, it uses less bandwidth to stream Netflix, but I wish they would undo what they did! I don't want to cancel Netflix, as it plays fine on other devices! Amazon Instant, UFC Fight Pass, they all play fine, it's just Netflix!! Come on Microsoft...FIX
    IT!

DVBOY1, Jun 11, 2015
  4. sirgrant618
    sirgrant618 Guest

Same issue here and
    here
    on reddit. Really annoying.

sirgrant618, Jun 14, 2015
  5. Raolo Tomasi
    Raolo Tomasi Guest
    Ya, I've noticed the same thing on Netflix since the update -- and have since switched my Netflix watching to Apple TV.

The article link below explains that they tried to juice up video streaming in the last update. Obviously, things went awry.

www.loadthegame.com/.../xbox-one-gets-a-hd-streaming-boost-with-hevc

If you see an improvement, please post an update.

Raolo Tomasi, Jun 17, 2015
  6. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey everyone,

I'm sorry to hear about the issue. If you haven't already, I would suggest trying out these steps below in this particular order.

• Uninstall the Netflix app from your Xbox One console.
    • Power Cycle your Xbox console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will
      power down.
    • Turn your console back on and reinstall the Netflix app.
    • Try playing a video as you normally would.
    If after trying out the steps listed above didn't do the trick for you, please let me know the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you participating in the Preview Program?
    2. Which other apps, other than Netflix, are you are experiencing this with?
    Thanks in advance!

Miss Diggz, Jun 18, 2015
  7. Raolo Tomasi
    Raolo Tomasi Guest
    Hello Miss Diggz:

The power cycling and reinstall you suggested did not work for me. I am not a member of the preview program. I pretty much only use Netflix to stream so I've only noticed it with that.

I only noticed the problem with the last update, and I believe strongly its related to the change in HEVC support for video streaming apps. I would appreciate it if you would report this problem to your support staff, so they can provide a fix.

Thank you.

Raolo Tomasi, Jun 19, 2015
  8. DrazaTech
    DrazaTech Guest

Hello Miss Diggz:

Just as you recommended, I did an uninstall and power cycle (again) the problem still persist. Originally HBOGO was affected by this issue but no longer, Netflix still suffers from this. I already contacted NETFLIX and they told me I would have to contact
    you guys in regards to this issue since the app is made by Microsoft.

DrazaTech, Jun 23, 2015
  9. DrazaTech
    DrazaTech Guest
    Also I forgot to add, Yes I am part of the preview program.

DrazaTech, Jun 23, 2015
  10. Mike1981Uk
    Mike1981Uk Guest
    I've noticed this also since the latest update. I'm finding Netflix to be unwatchable.

in the update details Microsoft have introduced something new for Netflix which allows it to use less bandwidth or something I don't really understand it to be honest. But I'd say they have broken Netflix.

Mike1981Uk, Jun 23, 2015
  11. DVBOY1
    DVBOY1 Guest
    Is anyone still having frame rate issues with Netflix. Mine isn't as bad as it was, but I'm still not convinced it's back to normal.

DVBOY1, Jul 1, 2015
  12. DrazaTech
    DrazaTech Guest
    I still am. I thought it was gone in HBOGO but evne on that it happens.. but on HBOGO is different from netflix (where it's constant through the entire movie / show) HBOGO is on selected angles or scenes or maybe even movies..

Like I saw Hot Shots! & Top Gun on the same day and both were fine ran flawlessly on HBOGO. Then I put Gone Girl and when Ben Affleck is talking to the cop lady for the first time and mentions the "Law & Order" line it feels like I am watching the scene
    from Back To The Future 2 where the head of MJ / Ronald Reagan show up on the Monitor screen talking to Marty. That stutter..
    on the screen is what happens on HBOGO

The netflix thing looks a bit somewhat like what's on this video on the left screen TV:

DrazaTech, Jul 1, 2015
  13. DrazaTech
    DrazaTech Guest

Thanks for the support Microsoft. Apparently the people that seem to know how to describe problems in detail about codec / video rendering just get left out in the dark. June 11th I started this thread, tomorrow is July 9th. Still no solution. Friend told
    me to get an Xbox, I am starting to wonder if I should've gone with the competition.

At least their machine allows my AVR to do DTS-HD properly without the X1 doing it, something that you guys have ALSO neglected.

Sigh..

DrazaTech, Jul 7, 2015
  14. Miss Diggz
    Miss Diggz Guest
    Hey there DrazaTech,

Apologies for the delay in response! I'm sincerely sorry to hear that this issue still persists.

Thanks for sending along the additional information and trying out the troubleshooting steps I sent above. What I would next suggest is to follow along with our

Xbox One Streaming Quality troubleshooter

If you're still experiencing this issue after trying those steps within the
    troubleshooter
    and since you are currently participating in the Preview Program, I would suggest hitting up the Preview Program forums to make a post over there. That way the proper teams will have visibility on what you're experiencing and they can take
    a look into it it further. Hope this helps, thanks in advance!

Miss Diggz, Jul 8, 2015
  15. DrazaTech
    DrazaTech Guest
    Miss Diggz,

I followed your instructions as per your post. I am unable to post in that side of the forums (I don' t know why but "add post" isn't there). Also I can't reply to any of the threads, one in particular shows the EXACT same issue I am discussing about here
    over there. Could you help me with that at least? Thanks.

DrazaTech, Jul 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Netflix / HBOGO frame rate Issue as of latest system update. - Similar Threads - Netflix HBOGO frame

2. Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does Spotify or Netflix stop playing as soon the candy crush window launches?: I have always listened to Spotify or watch Netflix while I play Candy Crush, but the in the last week, when I launch the game on my phone, either Netflix and Spotify both stop playing(not both at...
  3. I have logged in to Netflix on my Xbox. However I went to log in on my phone and I can’t...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have logged in to Netflix on my Xbox. However I went to log in on my phone and I can’t...: Hello, I logged into Netflix on my Xbox and my sky box and have been using it for a year. However I went to log in this morning on my phone and I can’t remember the password. I also don’t have...
  4. Netflix issue

in XBoX Accessibility
    Netflix issue: Xbox S question. My controller no longer works, so I've been using the My Xbox apps "console controller" option to work my console. It works fine for everything except my Netflix. I just renewed...
  5. My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox is connected to wifi and I can use YouTube and Netflix just fine. But it says I...: When I connect to my phone Hotspot it works. And my ps4 works perfectly fine on the wifi. I've tried everything even reseting my xbox 4b418d12-66a4-4a94-b11a-eba588e06538
  6. Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Netflix on XBox Bypasses Microsoft Family Safety: I have our XBox set up so that my son gets a certain amount of screentime a day. It's also configured so that an account must be signed in to access apps. I've tested this out with games and other...
  7. Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Multiple Netflix accounts on one Xbox: I have been SEARCHING online for an answer to how I can get my Netflix account on my Xbox without signing my partner out of theirs, we have different gamertags and Netflix accounts and would like...
  8. Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?

in XboX Insiders
    Anyone having issues with the Netflix app freezing?: For the past couple of days, anytime I rewind/fast forward something, the video will freeze, though the audio will continue, and the menus will move very slowly unless I close and restart the app....
  9. Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix stops playing if my controller turns off or I disconnect the charge cable: Hi everyone been having problems with netflix recently where if my controller turns off for being idle for too long or if I disconnect the charge cable on my eliet 2 it stops playing what I'm...
  10. Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023

in XBoX on Windows
    Netflix and prime video no longer launch after update this week 4th oct 2023: Since the update this week both netflix and prime video no longer launch. When you click on them literally nothing happens, the app doesn't even try to open. They were both working just before the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hbogo framerate