Netflix and Hulu navigation type voice commands no longer work.

Discus and support Netflix and Hulu navigation type voice commands no longer work. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I noticed it after the update that brought us Cortana that I could no use any of the menu navigation commands in Hulu or Netflix. I've done full... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by GHOST ecko, Aug 26, 2016.

1. GHOST ecko
    GHOST ecko Guest

I noticed it after the update that brought us Cortana that I could no use any of the menu navigation commands in Hulu or Netflix. I've done full restarts and such and have switched between regular Kinect commands (saying "Xbox") and Cortana ("Hey Cortana").
    Once in the app, you can still say "xbox/hey cortana select," but nothing gets highlighted, and saying what you see on screen does nothing. Once you have a show going, resume and pause and all that still work, but before, I used to be able to start my xbox,
    tell it to go to Hulu/Netflix, scroll through the different lists, pick a show, then play it, all without touching a controller. I know that sounds super lazy, and I'm really not a lazy person, but why did they get rid of this? Still works for other apps
    like Syfy Now. I don't really play Kinect games, so now my Kinect is kind of pointless...

:)

GHOST ecko, Aug 26, 2016
  2. Netflix and Hulu voice commands not working.

I'm running into the same problem on two Xbox One consoles. Both consoles have been restarted via the settings menu, and I've killed and restarted the Netflix and Hulu apps. The voice commands to control playback work, but navigation in the app is gone entirely.

OldFashionedHam, Aug 26, 2016
  3. Wisoner
    Wisoner Guest
    Kinect Commands navigation no longer work in Netflix App

Using Kinect commands for navigation no longer works in the Netflix app. Hasn't been working for the past few months.

Wisoner, Aug 26, 2016
  4. OldFashionedHam Win User

Netflix and Hulu voice commands not working.

I'm running into the same problem on two Xbox One consoles. Both consoles have been restarted via the settings menu, and I've killed and restarted the Netflix and Hulu apps. The voice commands to control playback work, but navigation in the app is gone entirely.
  5. Hteraj Win User

same issue, alot of people seem to be having this issue. netflix, hulu and media player (maybe more, i only use these) when i say, "xbox play" it gives the message "Can't Play From Here", it also cant fast forward, rewind or pause. if i say "xbox select"
    first to bring up the options, it works. it seems like they have removed the quick options and just left the, "xbox select" option. i presume it's on purpose and it's to reduce accidental commands. if that is the case, please tell me so i can start a petition
    to get them back, lol.
  6. Mister Maka Win User

To check, is your Xbox One currently part of the Xbox One Update Preview by chance?
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Hey all!

Odd that this is still popping up for you. Since this began have you tried deleting the app and re-installing it to see if there is any change in voice command performance?
  8. Turbo Buick18 Win User

I'm a quadriplegic and have no use of my hands. I am sick of xbox not dealing with this issue!!!!!! I DON'T HAVE THE OPTION TO PUSH BUTTONS ON THE CONTROLLER! The only reason I got the xbox one was because it offered voice control of my Netflix. They blame
    each other! Microsoft blames Netflix and it just goes in circles! I'm wondering if another option would be more user friendly. Maybe I will try a Sony product since nobody here seems to care!
Thema:

1. Netflix and Hulu navigation type voice commands no longer work. - Similar Threads - Netflix Hulu navigation

2. Xbox not loading any streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Prime)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox not loading any streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Prime): For the last week, my Xbox One will not let me use any of my streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc).. It’s not my internet as I can go on Microsoft Edge and watch YouTube videos and browse the...
  3. Omg I need help with Hulu and Netflix it shows green screen but I can still play games

in XBoX on Windows
    Omg I need help with Hulu and Netflix it shows green screen but I can still play games: I was watching Hulu last night and all of a sudden I got a green screen and you can still hear people talking same thing with Netflix but yet I can still play video games and watch other streaming...
  4. Xbox won’t launch my streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll)

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox won’t launch my streaming apps (Netflix, Hulu, Crunchyroll): My Xbox suddenly won’t launch any of my streaming apps. It was literally fine yesterday now all of a sudden Hulu, Netflix, Crunchyroll won’t load. This is a brand new Xbox. I had to buy because I...
  5. I can't hear my apps when streaming movies on hulu Netflix etc

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can't hear my apps when streaming movies on hulu Netflix etc: I cannot hear audio on my apps such as hulu Netflix etc f1f52e78-532e-4665-afb6-4cbf2dea8241
  6. Why can't I use netflix or hulu, or connect to multi-player games.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why can't I use netflix or hulu, or connect to multi-player games.: I've tried resetting my console, my router, clearing all caches. I cannot figure out why I'm connected to the internet but I can't play any game online or use any apps. The Xbox help is a endless...
  7. i cant hear actors talking in apps like hulu or netflix

in XBoX on Windows
    i cant hear actors talking in apps like hulu or netflix: whenever i go to hulu or netflix i hear the sounds and etc but i cannot hear the actors talking in videos. I'm not sure how did this happened as it working perfectly the other day. If anyone has a...
  8. xbox one x not working with netflix, hulu or play blu ray disk

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one x not working with netflix, hulu or play blu ray disk: my x box will not play blu ray disk will not let Netflix play movies, hulu can not play movies, Disney plus can not play movies acf2d369-ae48-4752-af31-9538a8a84044
  9. Hulu + Netflix Application issues

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu + Netflix Application issues: Hey, so I am trying to set up an 'audio receiver/speaker system' with my xbox one and everything is set up and running just fine, however when I open Netflix and/or Hulu the connection is lost and...
  10. HULU, Netflix

in XBoX on Consoles
    HULU, Netflix: I have an old xbox 360. Trying to use it to run hulu, netflix, and other such streaming apps. Is it possible with such an old console? ff26da9a-86a1-40d6-99a5-6b2e7bcc4528