Need to restart modem (gateway?) when turning on my ethernet connected xbox one to connect to ...

Discus and support Need to restart modem (gateway?) when turning on my ethernet connected xbox one to connect to ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I've been playing PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds since the release on console and loving/hating every moment. The lag and other technical issues are... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by itsconrad132, Dec 28, 2017.

1. itsconrad132
    itsconrad132 Guest

Need to restart modem (gateway?) when turning on my ethernet connected xbox one to connect to ...

I've been playing PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds since the release on console and loving/hating every moment. The lag and other technical issues are pretty atrocious (I understand it's still in preview), so I decided to buy an ethernet cable to hardwire the
    xbox to my modem to see if that might help to reduce any latency issues, with no real noticeable success, just FYI.

This leads me to my question, ever since I connected the xbox to the modem via ethernet cable, whenever I turn on my xbox it doesn't, and cant, connect to Live until I restart my modem even if I disconnect the ethernet. This doesn't happen when it's not
    hardwired and just connecting over the wireless network connection. But if the ethernet is connected, it wont connect.

Under network settings it says "Wired," "NAT Type: Unavailable" and tells me to go to the teredo issues page. The modem, or quite possibly a gateway, Im not sure, is a Cisco DPC3825.

:)

itsconrad132, Dec 28, 2017
  2. connecting to modem

when I connect my xbox with ethernet cable to my D-Link DSL-502T , the wireless on the XBOX keeps on searching the connection and the wired connection is shown as checked(connected) and disconnected .

how to disable the wireless connection when I want to use the wired (ethernet) connection to connect to xbox live

thanks in advance

SaintlyVermin75, Dec 28, 2017
  3. robbie71321
    robbie71321 Guest
    cant even connect to pc

Feel a bit stupid on this one compared to most problems but..

when i connect xbox to laptop via ethernet my laptop my Test Pc Connection fails ( and hence xbox live etc). The laptop detects ethernet cable, media sharing is on ,firewall turned off. I connected xbox directly to modem and this does connect online.So it
    seems to be some setting on Vista ,

Should xbox show somewhere on vista when ethernet is connected ,

Any ideas welcome

robbie71321, Dec 28, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: