"Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc.

Discus and support "Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm having this issue with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It worked fine last night but it's telling me to renew the subscription even though the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by OddThyme3990704, May 9, 2023.

1. "Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc.

I'm having this issue with Halo: The Master Chief Collection. It worked fine last night but it's telling me to renew the subscription even though the disc is inserted into the drive.

:)

OddThyme3990704, May 9, 2023
  2. Francia J. Win User

"Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc.

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

Kindly remove the disc on your console and then perform a powercycle on your console by following the steps below:

"POWERCYCLE CONSOLE​​​

​​​

1. Turn off your console by holding the Xbox button on the front of the console for approximately 10 seconds. The console will turn off. ​​​

2. Turn your console back on by pressing the Xbox button on the console or the Xbox button on your controller. ​​"

After that insert the disc again to play.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Master Chief Collection physical copy won't play because of the xbox game pass.

It sounds to me as though your disc drive has not read the disc, hence why you get the message to renew game pass. try ejecting the disc, reinsert it, then wait 30 seconds for it to read the disc, then try starting the game again.
  4. GauntAthlete910 Win User

Game Pass

I did that with Minecraft. If you try to launch it without the disc, it will say yoou need to renew Gamepass. Or If you tried to boot the game on disc and it asks you to renew Gamepass, then check the disc and try again.
  5. mikeford981 Win User

Borderlands saying I need to renew gamepass to play??

My borderlands has been recently acting up and has been telling me to renew gamepass even though its on disc!
    HI did you download borderlands from the disc or from the game pass store? try redownloading game from disc, if that dont work delete

borderlands folder and saves from harddrive and redownload from disc
  6. Jayhab4real Win User

Game Pass

Do you mean that you are unable to play the games that you own as physical discs?

Are / were these games also available with game pass?

If so, the console may be trying to boot the game pass versions and you may need to uninstall and reinstall the disc versions.
Thema:

1. "Need to renew game pass" message even though I'm trying to boot off of game disc. - Similar Threads - Need renew game

2. Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Says that I need to renew Game Pass subscription for a game that I already own on disc.: I have an Xbox 1s, and when I try to put in my Star Wars Battlefront game disc to play multiplayer it says "Looks like you need to renew EA play. If your subscription is current, try quitting and...
  3. Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t I play a game I own, it says I need to renew game pass but I have the game: I played r6 through game pass, I decided to buy the game then I went to go on it after playing and it said I need to get game pass, I have tried uninstalling r6 rendering my Xbox and nothing is...
  4. “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass”

in XBoX Games and Apps
    “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass”: Almost half of my games won’t work and It says ‘looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass’ I’ve tried booting up dreamlight valley but it’s not even a game pass one and all of my actual game...
  5. Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does Xbox say I need to renew Game Pass?: I was recently gifted 3 months of GamePass Core and tried to play games such as Dead by Daylight, a very popular GamePass Core/GamePass Ultimate required game on Xbox, and it has continuously told...
  6. ''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass.

in XBoX on Consoles
    ''Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass'' even though I never even bought game pass.: It comes up when I try to play a few of the games that I have 6c0b3bc7-02cf-4422-9e0d-6b7743cfb826
  7. Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass error when trying to load Minecraft. I own...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to renew Xbox Game Pass error when trying to load Minecraft. I own...: I briefly had Xbox Game Pass years ago, but I canceled it and have stayed with a Gold Membership since. I bought Minecraft before ever having Game Pass. Please help! I have tried resetting the...
  8. Looks like you need to Renew Xbox game pass

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like you need to Renew Xbox game pass: When I go to open Minecraft it tells me “looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass” but I own Minecraft and haven’t had game pass in several months I’ve tried resetting my Xbox aswell as...
  9. I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew: I cancelled my game pass for fallout 76 now I can’t play it keeps saying I need to renew f39682e4-6c5c-4013-b4db-96827f4aff06
  10. When I try to open a game, it kicks me out of the game saying I need to sign in or renew my...

in XBoX on Windows
    When I try to open a game, it kicks me out of the game saying I need to sign in or renew my...: When I try to open a game, i.e. Minecraft, Unpacking, Human Fall Flat, it kicks me out of the game saying I need to sign in or renew my subscription. But I've already done both and I tried...