need to remove an old 360 and adding a "new"

Discus and support need to remove an old 360 and adding a "new" in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; how do i remove an old 360 from my account? when i try adding my "new" xbox to live it reads your account is already connected to another xbox.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by vbamatte, Mar 7, 2016.

1. vbamatte
    vbamatte Guest

how do i remove an old 360 from my account?

when i try adding my "new" xbox to live it reads

your account is already connected to another xbox.

:)

vbamatte, Mar 7, 2016
  2. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Supreme Commander 2

Since it's 360 content, you would need a credit card or Paypal on file in order to "purchase" it from the website. In order to do so without adding a payment method, you would need to purchase it on the 360.

Smwutches, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Wow just when I wanted to play some xbox today......

[quote user="isturbo1984"]

What 360 model? New, old?

[/quote]Old.

Windows10XboxOne, Mar 7, 2016
  4. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

[quote user="vbamatte"]how do i remove an old 360 from my account?[/quote]

You don't remove a 360 console from your account. You have an existing Gamertag, that you can use on MANY consoles. Just think of it like signing in on Outlook or Gmail on different computers.

[quote user="vbamatte"]when i try adding my "new" xbox to live it reads [/quote]

As I said, you don't create a new one. You simply have to download your existing one.

Abort the creation process, and then press the Guide button.

If necessary, press X to sign out of your "new" Gamertag.

Then the option of "Download Profile" should appear.

Choose the "Download Profile" option, and enter your Microsoft Account email and associated password.

HOWEVER: In case you protect your account with "Two Step Verification" from hacking and account hijacking, understand that for the 360 you will have to use a so-called
    app password that you get here.

Arminator, Mar 7, 2016
  5. Arminator
    Arminator Guest

If you REALLY want to get rid of your OLD Xbox 360 gamertag (and losing all your previous purchases, your savegames and Gamerscore in that process), you can do it like this:

Create a new "throwaway" email at
    Outlook
    . Choose something like "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" for example.

After you created that Microsoft Account, sign in with your OLD Gamertag. Go all the way to the right on the console to the Settings-Hub. There go to the Account Tile.

There go to "Your Information" and "Security Info".

Choose to move your unwanted Gamertag to the new Outlook address.

Now the old Gamertag is "removed" from your old Microsoft Account email, along with your game progress, purchases and everything. You can start completely new, and can't access your old stuff!

Additionally, you will have to wait 30 days, until you can add a Gamertag to your old account again.

Arminator, Oct 31, 2018
  6. Arminator Win User

If you REALLY want to get rid of your OLD Xbox 360 gamertag (and losing all your previous purchases, your savegames and Gamerscore in that process), you can do it like this:

Create a new "throwaway" email at
    Outlook
    . Choose something like "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" for example.

After you created that Microsoft Account, sign in with your OLD Gamertag. Go all the way to the right on the console to the Settings-Hub. There go to the Account Tile.

There go to "Your Information" and "Security Info".

Choose to move your unwanted Gamertag to the new Outlook address.

Now the old Gamertag is "removed" from your old Microsoft Account email, along with your game progress, purchases and everything. You can start completely new, and can't access your old stuff!

Additionally, you will have to wait 30 days, until you can add a Gamertag to your old account again.
  7. Arminator Win User

You don't remove a 360 console from your account. You have an existing Gamertag, that you can use on MANY consoles. Just think of it like signing in on Outlook or Gmail on different computers.

[quote user="vbamatte"]when i try adding my "new" xbox to live it reads [/quote]

As I said, you don't create a new one. You simply have to download your existing one.

Abort the creation process, and then press the Guide button.

If necessary, press X to sign out of your "new" Gamertag.

Then the option of "Download Profile" should appear.

Choose the "Download Profile" option, and enter your Microsoft Account email and associated password.

HOWEVER: In case you protect your account with "Two Step Verification" from hacking and account hijacking, understand that for the 360 you will have to use a so-called
    app password that you get here.
  8. Hyphen8d Win User

Need Assistance Removing Console From Program (HDMI Out Broken) to New System

I really should have had coffee this morning. Removing old console from Preview program and adding new console. Can't remove old console due to HDMI out port damage.
  9. DazedExpression Win User

Can't download xbox 360 games with gold

Problem solved, if you have a 360 console laying around. I removed payment information and added new payment information repeatedly using the Xbox one and a PC. Neither fixed the problem. Someone said there was a problem with 360s recognizing stored information
    unless it is entered directly on the 360. So I got out the old 360 console again, added the same credit card that's already on my account, but entered all the information the old fashioned way on the 360 by going to Settings:account. After doing that it downloaded
    to the 360. Then it was showing up in my owned games on the xbox one and downloaded there finally. I'm sure the downloading to the 360 first step is not needed. But until the links between the two consoles is fixed, you do have to enter payment info on a 360
    even if you already have it listed on Xbox one and your Microsoft account.
  10. voteDC Win User

Transferring from XBox Slim to XBox Elite

You can find out how to format a USB drive to use as 360 storage here
    support.xbox.com/.../usb-flash-drive

-

Bear in mind through that it needs to be formatted as FAT32 before you put it in your 360 or the console will not see it.

-

This works for going in any direction of old to new or new to old. Providing the 360s have the dashboard update which added USB support.
Thema:

1. need to remove an old 360 and adding a "new" - Similar Threads - need remove old

2. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin: I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the...
  3. Remove “Add On doesn’t need to be installed”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove “Add On doesn’t need to be installed”?: I just bought the Lightfall DLC for Destiny 2. I have already followed the installation steps due to the known glitch but the DLC still will not launch. I have tried clearing the local save,...
  4. I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to remove my credit card information as I did not approve any charges on my behalf...: My card keeps getting monthly charges somehow and I want it to please stop and how do I get any of my money back for what I did not approve of. 3f5ab2d9-65aa-452d-aca7-142746911de0
  5. Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there

in XBoX Accessibility
    Adult daughter needs to be removed from my family group - but she's not there: My daughter is trying to connect the new Xbox she purchased. She is being notified she can't proceed because she needs to share her location and I am the family organizer. I go to my account and...
  6. Do I need to remove my sons account from family?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Do I need to remove my sons account from family?: Hi I bought a new Xbox X and have set it to my home with my account which has Xbox ultimate. My son uses my old Xbox one and has been using my ultimate pass to play games. I am aware this cant...
  7. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  8. I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission

in XBoX on Windows
    I have been removed from family group yet I still need permission: Hiii I recently wanted to change my gamer tag. I have been in a family group so it needed permission from someone. So I went to my mothers since I have access account and removed me from the...
  9. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  10. I need you to remove suspension?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need you to remove suspension?: I'm just trying to play a game and I can't do anything without and I can't talk so I need suspension removed 07c5311b-0a2b-4004-8451-9e0e8f8276aa