Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted...

Discus and support Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I bought my son Microsoft Flight Simulator as a gift from the Microsoft Store, and when he redeemed the code on his Xbox it accepted the code but... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Rocky Q, Dec 27, 2022.

1. Rocky Q
    Rocky Q Guest

Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted...

Hi,

I bought my son Microsoft Flight Simulator as a gift from the Microsoft Store, and when he redeemed the code on his Xbox it accepted the code but then said it was incompatible.

He has an XBox One S, but the game needs a Series X|S. I need to get a refund so he can buy something that will work, but I can't find any way to do it, and Microsoft support callback is not working. Support just keeps saying that refunds are not possible if the gift has been redeemed, but how can it be "redeemed" if the game is incompatible?

Does anyone have any similar experience?

Many thanks

:)

Rocky Q, Dec 27, 2022
  2. ngocphi Win User

Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted the code anyway

You can't that's the thing

The link only works.if you isrd s payment methkd

Prepaid codes won't work

As.it goes back to.the same payment method

Since its a prepaid code it won work
  3. Rocky Q Win User

Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted the code anyway

Thank you Nathan for replying. I finally got through to an agent who suggested the same link, so now need to wait to see if my refund is approved,
  4. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, Rocky Q

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Have you tried getting a refund via this page: Request a refund for digital games | Xbox Support?

The link is a long shot and may not list the game on the account. If it doesn't, then it means that the refund is not available for the game. However, if support have told you that you will not be eligible for a refund, then there is nothing more you can do. All refunds will go through the link I have provided above. When you go through the refund process, it will be sent off to someone at Microsoft to review and decide whether you get a refund. This will be in accordance with their refund policy.

The system will accept the code regardless of whether you have a device which is compatible with the game. It will then put the game on your account where you can choose to download it on a system which is compatible for the game/product. Thus, according to the system, it has successfully redeemed itself and is now your sons.

I am sorry that I can't bring better news. The content will be on their account for ever. So, when they do get an Xbox Series X or S, they will be able to download and play the game.

Happy Holidays!

Nathan
  5. Smwutches Win User

Since the code has been redeemed, it is no longer eligible for a refund.
  6. Smwutches Win User

Refund for an INCOMPATIBLE gifted game?

Unfortunately once the game is redeemed, there is no way to refund it.

When you purchase games, the description does show what platform the game will work on.
    [​IMG]
Thema:

1. Need to refund a gift code - game is incompatible with the console but it still accepted... - Similar Threads - Need refund gift

2. I need a refund

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund: Someone got on my game system an bought gams that I was not going to get an I need refunded 3019122b-21dc-44a3-814c-27f05756cbbd
  3. I need help refunding a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help refunding a game: I’m trying to refund an Xbox game I bought and it declined my refund saying I reached my refund limit and This is the first game I’m refunding and I don’t understand why it says I reached my...
  4. I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need a refund on a Xbox series s I never got: I need a refund on a Xbox I never got 4cf1c754-9f95-40fb-951a-985fd29dbbae
  5. My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases

in XBoX on Windows
    My account was hacked and I need a refund on three gift card purchases: My account was hacked and they bought three gift cards before I locked my card. 2 $10 gift cards and 1 $15 gift card. I need my money back. Order numbers: [mod removed]...
  6. I need to talk with support about a refund that i did

in XBoX on Windows
    I need to talk with support about a refund that i did: The refund was approved 17/02/2024 but the money doesnt appear. I need help 19283eae-a0a0-4614-8c55-075198fdffdd
  7. HELP I NEED TO CANCEL A REFUND!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HELP I NEED TO CANCEL A REFUND!: so I got a game a few days ago and at first the game did not work so I requested a refund but later I find out that it works and I need to cancel the refund but I don't have an email from...
  8. So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please: So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, But i have one issue when i go to cancel it, it says We can’t cancel your subscription You have already paid for...
  9. I need help refunding digital gamepass ultimate coeds that I gifted to someone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need help refunding digital gamepass ultimate coeds that I gifted to someone: I need help refunding gamepass ultimate that I gifted to someone digitally 9d23d54c-a3e9-4390-b777-618b8a484db5
  10. I need a refund for a gift but microsoft isn't letting me and I don't know why?

in XBoX on Windows
    I need a refund for a gift but microsoft isn't letting me and I don't know why?: I sent the destiny 2 beyond light dlc to my girlfriend but she has a ps4 and she wasn't able to redeem it. So I tried to get a refund for the gift and it didn't let me do it. I also purchased the...