Need to lock xbox one to prevent creating or adding new accounts

Discus and support Need to lock xbox one to prevent creating or adding new accounts in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I need to lock my Xbox One so my kids can't create or add accounts to it. I have parental control and passkey set up but all they need to do is create... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by BLACKSS2005, Jul 19, 2017.

1. BLACKSS2005
    BLACKSS2005 Guest

I need to lock my Xbox One so my kids can't create or add accounts to it. I have parental control and passkey set up but all they need to do is create a new account or add a friends account to get past this. Is there a way I can stop them from making a
    new account on the xbox and stop allowing other accounts to sign in without a special password?

:)

BLACKSS2005, Jul 19, 2017
  2. DarthDad666
    DarthDad666 Guest
    Parental Controls Pointless?

After spending lots of time setting up parental controls on my child's xbox one account, I realized that unless I can prevent a new account from being created, it's pretty much wasted time. Is there a way to prevent my child from just creating a new account,
    and then setting/using their own security/preferences? Or am I missing something obvious here? Thx!

DarthDad666, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    Can't sign in! Won't download my profile.

Have you tried creating a new account just to see if your xbox will work with that?

If your xbox works with a new account there there could be a problem with your current account prevent it from downloading.

Malacath, Jul 19, 2017
  4. Need to lock xbox one to prevent creating or adding new accounts

to prevent them from adding more accounts to the xbox

settings --> system --> signed-out content restrictions --> create a guest key --> Uncheck the box, let people download/make accounts

Remember your guest key, you will need it if you ever want to add a new account

DM RENNIE 7900, Jul 19, 2017
  5. DM RENNIE 7900 Win User

to prevent them from adding more accounts to the xbox

settings --> system --> signed-out content restrictions --> create a guest key --> Uncheck the box, let people download/make accounts

Remember your guest key, you will need it if you ever want to add a new account
  6. bradcarey76 Win User

xbox one account help

I added one year gold membership and recently got locked out of my account and can't recover it. I created a new account and have Xbox live but no gold membership. Any suggestions?
  7. Smwutches Win User

Can I Buy Controller's and Accessories On The Microsoft Store With A Xbox Gift Card?

To prevent further repeated answers, I'm going to lock this. Please feel free to create a new thread if you need further assistance.
  8. Honda Man 04 Win User

Son is playing under my account

You could try creating a new account for you and then adding the other account to the family account.

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/Family-Online-Safety/child-accounts/add-family-member-on-xbox-one

You would need to edit the information on your account to reflect his birthdate so that it falls into the child account status. Adding two step verification to secure the account, adding a passkey to prevent unauthorized purchases, and setting the privacy
    and security settings to protect him while online are all things that you should consider as well. Best of luck!
  9. Smwutches Win User

Concern over your 'Ambassador' programme.

I'm going to go ahead and lock this to prevent further repetitive answers, but please feel free to create a new account if you need further assistance.

To clarify one thing that was mentioned, not all Ambassadors will have an Ambassador badge as that can be turned off. But with or without the badge, it's best to report anyone acting in that manner.
Thema:

1. Need to lock xbox one to prevent creating or adding new accounts - Similar Threads - Need lock prevent

2. my nephew is locked out of his outlook account we need to speak to a acutal person on the phone

in XBoX Accessibility
    my nephew is locked out of his outlook account we need to speak to a acutal person on the phone: live chat wont work for him and the recovery form isnt working we need to speak to a real person to fix this issue de5de1d6-8424-4d6a-bbaf-2fa9788fd5f3
  3. My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I NEED it...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I NEED it...: My Xbox account has been locked/suspended due to unusual/suspicious activity and I don't know why. I am a veteran xbox user and have had this account for years. I try to log in 3 days ago and it's...
  4. I need help with my sister's locked out microsoft account ASAP please, she is in a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with my sister's locked out microsoft account ASAP please, she is in a...: Basically she is locked out of her account with 2 step verification. We follow all the online prompts including the backup email but when we get to the 2nd step verification with the cell numberis...
  5. I need help with the compliance lock. Microsoft agents please help!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with the compliance lock. Microsoft agents please help!: I need help with the removal of the compliance lock on my account. To explain the full story regarding my account and how I got to this point: I play Minecraft Java on PC (account linked with...
  6. Locked out my account need a password reset. Number number associated with it I no longer use

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out my account need a password reset. Number number associated with it I no longer use: Locked out my account forgot my password. Password recovery form has been no help. Phone number saved to that account I no longer use cc48bdf9-c68d-4603-8b7c-eb140faf9b18
  7. My question was a question not a feature request you dumbfucks, no need to lock it. Hence...

in XboX Insiders
    My question was a question not a feature request you dumbfucks, no need to lock it. Hence...: Bye submitted by /u/153IQ-yet-retarded [link] [comments]
  8. Need help after incorrectly set lock / activation by Enforcement Team

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help after incorrectly set lock / activation by Enforcement Team: Hallo, I have been for example XBOX Ambassador since May 2019. At the beginning of September 2020, I received a permanent lock on XBOX Live from the XBOX Enforcement Team - without warning. I...
  9. DONT LOCK MY THREAD PLEASE i need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    DONT LOCK MY THREAD PLEASE i need help: i am trying to do a offline system update but when i try and do it it comes up with error E101 00000504 8B050041 4da42abb-a64c-44e3-ba54-bd7650ef1201
  10. Need "Scroll Lock"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need "Scroll Lock": Since getting Windows 10 update to Version 1803 the "Lock" function in Jigsaw does NOT work. The screen scrolls when a piece is moved (i.e. the board position is NOT locked) and the mouse scroll...