need to keep child from using my credit card info

Discus and support need to keep child from using my credit card info in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought a Gold account for my grandson the only way I could get it to work was to make a new account. Now how do I block him from buying more? I can... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JesseG806, Aug 21, 2014.

1. JesseG806
    JesseG806 Guest

I bought a Gold account for my grandson the only way I could get it to work was to make a new account. Now how do I block him from buying more? I can not remove my credit card information it won't let me!

:)

JesseG806, Aug 21, 2014
  2. ruckfoni
    ruckfoni Guest
    Game Sharing

There's an option to remove your credit card info from your account. That way, no one can buy anything at all whatsoever. I actually have only had to put my credit card info once for a season pass and took it off afterwards (don't really trust my credit card info anywhere). Also, personally I don't ever use my main email for Xbox that way I don't need to be worried about being hacked or whatever. I have one email for personal use and another for Xbox, IGN, Reddit, etc. Maybe I'm the only one who does this but I just find it more easy that way instead of being scared of gamesharing.

ruckfoni, Aug 21, 2014
  3. Malacath
    Malacath Guest
    I dont have credit card and now ? COD GHOSTS pls help

Are you using a childs account?

Maybe it needs credit card for age verification to download the game?

Malacath, Aug 21, 2014
  4. need to keep child from using my credit card info

Error1essRope24, Aug 21, 2014
  5. support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-online-safety That page is a pretty good resource for what you are trying to do. You will need to set up a parental account,
    but it is free unless you choose to use it with a gold subscription.

VASHTA NER4DA, Aug 22, 2014
  6. either Setup a child account for your sibling and use a parent account to restrict Options - this would be the correct way

or dont allow your sibling to Access your Profile but let them use a different one with prepaid Cards - this is also ok

or if they absolutely use your account at least dont use payment Instrument but refer to prepaid codes for Gold and for funds to make purchases online - this would be a Violation to Terms of use as every user shall have his own Profile.

StefanNeubauer, Nov 1, 2018
  7. VASHTA NER4DA Win User

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-360-online-safety That page is a pretty good resource for what you are trying to do. You will need to set up a parental account,
    but it is free unless you choose to use it with a gold subscription.
  8. Error1essRope24 Win User

9. StefanNeubauer Win User

either Setup a child account for your sibling and use a parent account to restrict Options - this would be the correct way

or dont allow your sibling to Access your Profile but let them use a different one with prepaid Cards - this is also ok

or if they absolutely use your account at least dont use payment Instrument but refer to prepaid codes for Gold and for funds to make purchases online - this would be a Violation to Terms of use as every user shall have his own Profile.
  10. brandiesel1 Win User

Can't download Xbox one free with gold games due to age restriction.

Does your child have a credit card on file? I think you need one on file if you want to download a free game from xbox.com.

Click here
    for all the info you need in regards to downloading Games With Gold.
  11. Operabound Win User

Can I keep my XBox Live account active with No Credit Card on file?

Hello there. Yes, you can let him play online with the prepaid gold subscription code, which will allow you to remove and keep your credit card off of the account. This way, you don't have to worry about purchases made by your son, and since you would have
    a prepaid subscription, you wouldn't need to worry about an automatic renewal on that credit card. Technically, any customer under the age of 13 will need to have a child account, that is controlled by a parental windows live account, which would be a separate
    windows live account from the child's account. However, if your son's account is already set up and already an adult account, then my suggestion would be to definitely remove your credit card and switch to prepaid instead. On a prepaid subscription, you do
    not need to keep your credit card on file. Good luck to you :)
Thema:

1. need to keep child from using my credit card info - Similar Threads - need keep child

2. Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the standalone Xbox program keep telling me I need Xbox Game Bar just for voice chat?: In attempting to play with Xbox-owning friends, I thought Microsoft would have had a simple, streamlined program for voice chat between P.C. and Xbox users. It doesn't seem like that's the case....
  3. My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage

in XboX Insiders
    My Xbox keeps saying I need to clear storage: I have 30% of my storage used and I did the clear local save games. I'm confused guys, help me submitted by /u/SpioerSonic [link] [comments]
  4. I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to play a game but keeps telling me I need to choose a plan even tho I bought...: I just bought a game and when I try to play a match I get a pop up telling me I must choose a plan right form me even tho I bought the game. Can I get some assistance please...
  5. Xbox Series X keeps needing to be reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X keeps needing to be reset: My Xbox Series X had suddenly started telling me that it doesn’t have enough space to sync my game data; the only way I’ve found to fix the issue is to reset the console (keeping my games and...
  6. I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate?: I can't get multiplayer to work with Xbox core subscription, keeps saying I need ultimate? 3b1ddad5-be63-48eb-b4de-cbff6a7a5011
  7. I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help fixing this issue it keeps happening with all my games the shadows look...: [img] can you help fix this problem 623e46f1-5832-4041-b00b-258e09110c9c
  8. Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help: I'm on xbox s and keep getting disc read error how can I fix it please.. 2ef1ae2b-2ea1-417f-8ae1-fa8377e2729f
  9. I bought Minecraft coins at Walmart and didn’t realize I needed to keep the receipt with...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought Minecraft coins at Walmart and didn’t realize I needed to keep the receipt with...: Personal Email: *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Phone #[mod removed - personal information] a035a07d-af80-494d-bbbc-e0bb291eb343
  10. My ark ascended is not working for me. It keeps saying I need to be signed in to play online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My ark ascended is not working for me. It keeps saying I need to be signed in to play online.: I've tried everything. I Uninstalled it twice. Did a hard reboot 3x. I shut it down correctly then opened it back up. I even tried to do everything through xbox app. And still nothing. Please...