Need to change secondary email address

Discus and support Need to change secondary email address in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Shaun C1, Dec 7, 2023.

1. Shaun C1
    Shaun C1 Guest

I'm having an issue trying to update my Xbox account. I want to activate two step verification, but it wants to verify that it's actually me. The issue is the secondary email address it wants to send the verification to is an address I haven't used in probably 15 years. I could probably guess the password if it actually showed me the whole email address, but just trying to get to any of that info requires verification from the email I can't access. Is there any way around this?

:)

Shaun C1, Dec 7, 2023
  2. Shaun C1 Win User

Courtney, that's kind of what I figured. Just thought I would ask here in case there was a way around it. I will contact them in the morning when I have a chance. Thank you for your time and patience!
  3. Courtney Todd Win User

Hello again Shaun C,

I understand, in this case you would have to contact Support so they can give you better help since this is a public Microsoft forum where we are Members/Players like you, therefore we are not Microsoft employees.

Here I can only guide the person towards a possible solution but since in your case you cannot modify any of the information since you are asked for a code to an email to which you do not have access, you should contact Support so they can help you in a better way.

Support: https://support.xbox.com/contact-us/

Thank you for being so kind, and I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  4. Courtney Todd Win User

Thank you for being so kind Shaun C, let me know if they can help you with this problem. I will be very attentive to your response.

I wish you all the best in this life, good luck.
  5. Shaun C1 Win User

Courtney, I really appreciate your quick response to my question.

I can get into the security options, but as soon as I select one, it's asking me again to verify myself by sending an email to the account I can't access anymore. Almost any option I choose under my settings brings me back to verifying who I am through an email address I can't access. My main email isn't an issue, I can get into my account all day long, it's trying to change anything I seem to be stuck. I made my account a long time ago, and only bought an Xbox in the last year or 2.
  6. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Shaun C, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

I'm sorry to hear that you are having this problem, and I hope I can help you find a satisfactory solution.

Follow these procedures to modify the recovery email and phone number associated with your account:

1. Go to Microsoft Account Security (https://account.microsoft.com/security/).
    2. If prompted, sign in to your account.
    3. Click "Update information" next to "Security details."
    4. Choose "Email" or "Phone" as the "Add security information" option.
    5. Follow the on-screen instructions to enter your new email or phone number and confirm your identification.
    6. The new recovery email or phone number will be added to your account after it has been validated.
    7. To delete the old recovery email or phone number, click "Delete" and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know if this doesn't work or if you need more help.

Information source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/12979992-e63e-40cb-9f9f-53499e4de6d0

Disclaimer: This is a public user-to-user community forum. None of us here work for Microsoft, and it is beyond our ability to directly help with account or sign-in related issues.

I hope this information is useful for you.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
Thema:

1. Need to change secondary email address - Similar Threads - Need change secondary

2. Need help changing my shipping adress.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help changing my shipping adress.: I sent my xbox in to be fixed and it should have been delivered on Monday, the currier (UPS) cannot find my address. I have contacted them but they informed me they cannot change the delivery...
  3. How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??

in XBoX on Consoles
    How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste??: How often i what period do I need to change the thermal paste?? Series x 1a187cc7-a1b3-4c56-8f79-5b0135698b17
  4. Unfair communication ban. We need changes!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unfair communication ban. We need changes!: So, one random was harassing me in game, and game chat because I was refusing to engage him. Calling me bad words. Then we moved to xbox messaging, where I told him that he was not a good person...
  5. I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change the email and phone number connected to my xbox account: My best friend gave me his old xbox 1 way back in 2020, I just took over his old acount, he used that xbox from 2014-2018. I went on to spend the next 4 years now buying things and playing on this...
  6. I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t edit my profile info. It’s blocked from changing it and I need to change my country: When I click on edit profile information all the boxed are dark grey and uneditable. I need to change this from United States to United Kingdom My Microsoft account won’t link with my Xbox...
  7. I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias"

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to change email entirely, not just the "alias": I tried doing the "alias" email in support. But all it did was replace the old email name, with the new one. The new name still logs me into the old emails inbox. That account was hacked and I do...
  8. i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    i accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to change it back: hello i just accidentally changed the capitalization in my minecraft username and need to know how to revert this i checked on minecraft.net and it says i have to wait 30 days but i need it asap...
  9. Need help changing my gamerpic

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help changing my gamerpic: Wont let me Change my gamerpic into a custom image I don't have a child's account and i have no strikes, I really need help this has been going on for months and xbox support has BEEN ZERO HELP....
  10. I want to change my name on mincraft but i need to pay??

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to change my name on mincraft but i need to pay??: i have adriannoss1 and i want to change it in Adriannoss but i need to pay 9,99$?? any ideas d4f046d4-83b7-41ba-a47a-da750d5ecf4f