Need to add child to XBOX Live account.

Discus and support Need to add child to XBOX Live account. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Ive deleted my son off of the family and every time he trys to add him back it says xbox live sign up is not available... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Viral Dragon153, Apr 8, 2014.

1. Need to add child to XBOX Live account.

Ive deleted my son off of the family and every time he trys to add him back it says xbox live sign up is not available

:)

Viral Dragon153, Apr 8, 2014
  2. Xbox Live question

Hi,

I have just purchased an Xbox one for our child, and I am wondering about xbox live membership.

Am I correct in thinking that an adult must create a Microsoft account (which I have), and then add a child account. If so which account must I apply the live subscription too, if I add it to the adult account can the child use it, or must it be added to
    the child account (so each person needs their own subscription).

Thanks

Khristianity77, Apr 8, 2014
  3. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest
    Should a gold XBox live gold subscription voucher be redeemed / applied to the parent or child account?

You would need to add it to the account that is going to be playing on Live. So in this case you would need to add it to the child account.

Smwutches, Apr 8, 2014
  4. Smwutches Win User

Should a gold XBox live gold subscription voucher be redeemed / applied to the parent or child account?

You would need to add it to the account that is going to be playing on Live. So in this case you would need to add it to the child account.
  5. Radio Celery Win User

Can't add son to Family Plan?!

I don't know if anyone is still looking for the answer, but here it is:

Sign in to the account you're trying to add to the Xbox Live Family, and go to their Account Settings. You should see an option "Promote Account." Select that, and you'll be able to add that account.

The problem is that you're trying to add someone else's child to your family. You need to "promote" that child back to an adult before adding him/her to your own family.

Put differently: that account was previously a member of a different Xbox Live Family. "Promoting" that account removes it from that Xbox Live Family completely (not just Gold status), allowing you to add it to a new one.
  6. WPAK Win User

Xbox Game Pass Ultimate on Child's Account

7. HassanB Win User

Months of Xbox live gold for 2$

As per law you need to be 18+, to simply use XBOX Live you need to be 13+ with a parents permission. If you are below 18 that would make you a "child" account and unable to do certain things like purchase subscriptions or add points to XBOX Live.
  8. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Child account

Hello so in order to add them to their own console, you will just sign in with the email address and password for each child on the associated console. One child will be able to share your Xbox live and any digital downloaded games through console if you
    set theirs as your home console. Other child would need to have their own paid for live account. So you would be paying for only 2 live accounts in the end.
Thema:

Need to add child to XBOX Live account.

1. Need to add child to XBOX Live account. - Similar Threads - Need add child

2. I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each...: I'm trying to play grounded with my friend I'm on switch He's on xbox. We need to add each other as friends. How do we do that? abf59fe2-900f-42be-b844-f2bb61d7ff3b
  3. Remove “Add On doesn’t need to be installed”?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Remove “Add On doesn’t need to be installed”?: I just bought the Lightfall DLC for Destiny 2. I have already followed the installation steps due to the known glitch but the DLC still will not launch. I have tried clearing the local save,...
  4. Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does it say I need to add friends to be able to invite, when I have 100 friends online?: I'm trying to invite anyone from my friendliest to a 1v1 friendly and I see this message that "add friends to be able to play against them...." while I already have friends and it even shows that...
  5. When sometime i try to add someone as a friend, I need to do it with the app Xbox because...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When sometime i try to add someone as a friend, I need to do it with the app Xbox because...: I can't figure it out here c06df0d0-296d-406c-a9b2-049a51b68e66
  6. I need to erase an email and add one

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to erase an email and add one: I need to delete an email and add one c9a9cf74-1694-44c6-b766-6131cd5016bd
  7. Some reason modernwarfare 2 diddent come with all the add-ons I need for multiplayer?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Some reason modernwarfare 2 diddent come with all the add-ons I need for multiplayer?: I have 2 xboxes, 1 I play at my main home and my other one is at my second home, I play mw2 on my main one all the time, I decided to gsme share on the same account to my secondary xbox and...
  8. How do i change my account settings so i can add my card without it claiming i need a...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change my account settings so i can add my card without it claiming i need a...: I don't have a parent email on my account and it refuses to let me purchase or add any cards unless i have one. I have tried changing my birth year and everything, nothing has worked. Is there any...
  9. Callisto Protocol add on - doesn't need to be installed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Callisto Protocol add on - doesn't need to be installed: Purchased a physical xbox one copy of callisto protocol. Through the xbox purchased the series x upgrade, however it comes up as it "doesn't need to be installed." The purchase tells me to go to...
  10. Need to Re-add parent to child account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need to Re-add parent to child account: Hi, i need to re-add myself as a parent on my childs account after stupidly removing it. i've tried to do it on the 360 but after adding all my info an error comes up saying that xbox live sign...