Need support help with license transfer

Discus and support Need support help with license transfer in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello if anyone knows anyway to help it would be appreciated so i went to play my old xbox 360 and so i started downloading some of my old games but i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mark_T68, May 5, 2024.

1. Mark_T68
    Mark_T68 Guest

Hello if anyone knows anyway to help it would be appreciated so i went to play my old xbox 360 and so i started downloading some of my old games but i also started purchasing disk games and turns out my old 360 no longer reads games so i got a new xbox 360 slim and come to find out I'm unable to transfer my license to my new xbox therefore i cant play my old games on my new account if you are allowed only to transfer 4 times a year i don't see why there should be a limit on how soon you can transfer again this seems like an easy thing any xbox support could do yet its impossible to actually get to any xbox support person

:)

Mark_T68, May 5, 2024
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Hello if anyone knows anyway to help it would be appreciated so i went to play my old xbox 360 and so i started downloading some of my old games but i also started purchasing disk games and turns out my old 360 no longer reads games so i got a new xbox 360 slim and come to find out I'm unable to transfer my license to my new xbox therefore i cant play my old games on my new account if you are allowed only to transfer 4 times a year i don't see why there should be a limit on how soon you can transfer again this seems like an easy thing any xbox support could do yet its impossible to actually get to any xbox support person
    The limit was put in place to avoid abuse (people gamesharing with others outside of their own household) similar to how Xbox nowadays has a limit to how many times you can change your home Xbox. Its to prevent it from being abused (more than it already is abused)
  3. nevillefarrell Win User

Constant Problems Across Multiple Consoles

You can only do a licenses transfer once every 4 months you may have used this one after the repair, you'll need to contact support, they can help with manual licenses transfer issue's.
  4. VileVulture674 Win User

Need help with Transferring licenses.

it would make sense for cases like this, xbox does not realize that many family members, especially brothers, share accounts for a while, because we dont have the luxury of our parents buying us everything. we both have differences in games and when one
    leaves, he does not want to lose everything he has PAID MICROSOFT for. it would make sense for us to be able to transfer only some liscenses.
  5. Judge Win User

The license transfer process transfers ALL the license, you can't pick and choose which ones to transfer unfortunately. It wouldn't make sense for your new account to be able to access all of the content that one GamerTag bought, otherwise anyone could just
    use their friends content. Unless his account is also on your console then you can't access any of the DLC. Maybe you can download the profile to your Xbox and play your DLC when he isn't using his Xbox...that is the only way you will be able to play your
    DLC.
  6. Judge Win User

Licenses are tied into the System they are downloaded on and the GamerTag, so there is no way to partially transfer license, even if they wanted to. I realize what you are going through, my brother and I went through the same thing. It makes sense though
    in order to prevent people accessing content they might not have paid for.
Thema:

1. Need support help with license transfer - Similar Threads - Need support help

2. Email doesnt exsist for minecraft account i dont know what to do i need support please help me

in XBoX Accessibility
    Email doesnt exsist for minecraft account i dont know what to do i need support please help me: I was sighing in normaly then i got logged out tried to login saying email doesnt exsist and i dont know what to do please help plus its a minecraft acoount 5f5d1299-216e-468d-af4d-55763ab36ac6
  3. I need help contacting Microsoft support.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help contacting Microsoft support.: I got hacked on May 8th and I got my account back. I made a request to get my account unsuspended and they replied by saying that they will partner up with Microsoft it try and get it unsuspended,...
  4. Need help and I think Xbox support is broken

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help and I think Xbox support is broken: Bought point Cards went to buy game says I have no money but 70+ in account. Tried to get help from support but I can’t get past need more info. Been a Xbox live subscriber for 17 years never ever...
  5. I need help, Support cannot help and I have tried many times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, Support cannot help and I have tried many times.: Back in may of 2022 my account was hacked. Me and this guy we gameshared a lot because he had strict parents and he eventually ended up stealing my account from his xbox. This started late...
  6. I need to speak to a xbox technician and getting no help from xbox support

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to speak to a xbox technician and getting no help from xbox support: I need to speak to a xbox technician and getting no help from xbox support 16e38d95-d5bc-46f4-8e73-46f7592c4ba5
  7. Wife's Xbox Series X has broken after only 45 days and I cannot get any support - NEED HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wife's Xbox Series X has broken after only 45 days and I cannot get any support - NEED HELP: I bought my wife an Xbox Series X on 30th September and last night she was playing Call Of Duty and got booted from the game. She tried to log on and got a disc read error, even though we bought...
  8. Xbox support accidently deleted my Live.com email account. I urgently need it back. Help!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox support accidently deleted my Live.com email account. I urgently need it back. Help!!!: I w a s seeking help replacing an old non-functioning email account on my Xbox account with my other main email account. The Tech got a message in account.microsoft.com that the account was from a...
  9. NEED HELP FROM WINDOWS SUPPORT

in XBoX Games and Apps
    NEED HELP FROM WINDOWS SUPPORT: Hi, I am facing issues while launching fifa 22 which i bought from steam, it crashes at launch, i contacted EA support and followed everything they said but at the end they said its the issue...
  10. Need help! Unable to contact human support and lost account with credit card info.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help! Unable to contact human support and lost account with credit card info.: Hello! I lost my password and I tried recovering it, but no luck. The automatic form always reject it. This is an account I created just for gamepass, so losing it is not really a problem, but...