Need help with Xbox One/Cable Box/TV/Receiver/2.1 Speaker Setup

Discus and support Need help with Xbox One/Cable Box/TV/Receiver/2.1 Speaker Setup in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to work on my first real home setup...I picked up a Pinnacle sub and two Tannoy Mercury bookshelf speakers to go with a Denon... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YeomanPlanet897, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Need help with Xbox One/Cable Box/TV/Receiver/2.1 Speaker Setup

Hi,

I'm trying to work on my first real home setup...I picked up a Pinnacle sub and two Tannoy Mercury bookshelf speakers to go with a Denon receiver. I pretty much want to have everything, including my cable box, running through my Xbox One that I also just picked
    up.

I need major help with figuring out how to do this/what wires and cables to buy.

Aside from an RCA from the sub's line-in to the receiver's sub/pre-out, and then speaker wire from the bookshelves to the receiver...I'm stumped. Right now, I just have the cable line going straight into the cable box, and then an HDMI from the cable box to
    my TV. No clue where to begin with this...

I can't get photos to upload...let me know if anybody can still help me out, or you need photos.

:)

YeomanPlanet897, Dec 14, 2014
  2. mld218
    mld218 Guest
    Xbox One setup and hookup questions

I am trying to figure out the best way to hookup the Xbox one with my current setup.

Currently my Cable box is connected to a surround sound receiver via HDMI cable.

My receiver is then hooked up to my TV via HDMI cable.

Given the above setup would be best way to hook up the Xbox one and still get the live TV functionality be

Cable box to Xbox one HDMI in

Xbox HDMI out to Receiver

Receiver to TV HDMI in

Thanks for any help you can give

mld218, Dec 14, 2014
  3. DaBadGuyCR
    DaBadGuyCR Guest
    HDMI Audio help.

Yes, Xbox One, PS4, Cable Box, and Computer hooked into the TV than a cable to my subwoofer that runs my 5.1

DaBadGuyCR, Dec 14, 2014
  4. TokyoRose00
    TokyoRose00 Guest

You will need the hdmi cable from your cable box going to the in hdmi on the Xbox one, if your dennon reciever supports hdmi, then take the out of the Xbox into the reciever and then out of the reciever to the tv.

If it doesn't support hdmi then take the hdmi out of the Xbox to the tv, then take a toslink aka spdif cable out of the tv to an input on the reciever.

TokyoRose00, Dec 18, 2014
  5. TokyoRose00 Win User

You will need the hdmi cable from your cable box going to the in hdmi on the Xbox one, if your dennon reciever supports hdmi, then take the out of the Xbox into the reciever and then out of the reciever to the tv.

If it doesn't support hdmi then take the hdmi out of the Xbox to the tv, then take a toslink aka spdif cable out of the tv to an input on the reciever.
  6. Cichlid-4E4D0488-807 Win User

XBox One w/ Receiver Setup

My set up will be:

Cable Box HDMI out to Xbox One HDMI IN, Xbox One HDMI out to Receiver HDMI In, Receiver HDMI out to TV HDMI in, Receiver Audio out to Speakers

So the Cable audio/video goes to the Xbox One, Xbox One send that and/or it's audio/video to the Receiver, Receiver sends video to TV and audio to Speakers

It seems like that's what you're describing, so I'm not sure why you think audio is being left out anywhere.
  7. Phant0mRegiment Win User

Setup with AV Receiver

It might be possible to run an optical from TV to A/V receiver and set TV to external speakers. Obviously, the HDMI in is designed to be used with a cable/satellite box. I wouldn't recommend hooking up your Xbox One in between your receiver and your display.
  8. Kelly Craven Win User

Onkyo Surround Sound Issue

My home setup is:

• Cable Box to Xbox One HDMI input
    • Xbox One HDMI out to Denon HDMI input
    • Optical Xbox One out to Denon optical input
    • Denon HDMI out to Sony TV HDMI
    How much delay are you talking about? I have noticed that the audio coming from the TV speakers (comes from HDMI) is not perfectly in sync to the audio from the optical going to the receiver. Yet, the delay is not enough that it should be a noticeable problem
    unless intentionally using both. I can't tell there is a sync between video and audio when using either, but I can hear able 20-30 milliseconds between the two, with the sound from the TV speakers being delayed the most.

Are you seeing this dlay when using other video, such as cable TV (using HDMI in with a cable box)?

Some receivers have settings that allow changing the audio delay a little. I don't know if these extend to optical or are just for speaker setup.

As a side note, I have an Onkyo receiver at work. I haven't heard any audio issues with it that I haven't had at home.

Thanks for getting back with this, I'm very interested for this to get resolved and to understand what the underlying issue is.
  9. Eggnogga Win User

Can't get Xbox One connected to receiver to get 5.1 surround...

Your receiver looks a lot like the Onkyo one I have. Without knowing the rest of your setup, what I have is the Xbox One HDMI going into the receiver (as well as the BD player, Cable box & Xbox 360) and then an HDMI cable in the HDMI out slot to the TV.

What is the rest of your setup? And how are you connecting everything to your TV?
Thema:

1. Need help with Xbox One/Cable Box/TV/Receiver/2.1 Speaker Setup - Similar Threads - Need help Cable

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360: Hey, so I bought a Japanese region Xbox 360 and I can't get it to connect to my wifi. When I try it says it can't connect to my router/network. Also when it detects my network it sees it but says...
  8. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  9. Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:: So recently I've freshly installed windows 10 on my pc, everything looked normal until I installed steam and it was updating but then steam had a fatal error saying that it needs internet to...
  10. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...