Need Help with setting up or writen direction to fix latensy and to setup ipv6 on xb1X

Discus and support Need Help with setting up or writen direction to fix latensy and to setup ipv6 on xb1X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I have been with microsoft and xbox for years now my first time on this forum I will jump right to it my latency is on 184ms and been struggling... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Hightone Xb1X, Apr 9, 2022.

1. Need Help with setting up or writen direction to fix latensy and to setup ipv6 on xb1X

Hi

I have been with microsoft and xbox for years now my first time on this forum

I will jump right to it my latency is on 184ms and been struggling for those

Many years now please help me sort this problem out and if someone can send. Me step by step to setup ipv6 on my console

Thank you

Be save

Hightonexb1x

:)

Hightone Xb1X, Apr 9, 2022
  2. Francia J. Win User

Need Help with setting up or writen direction to fix latensy and to setup ipv6 on xb1X

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

In regards to latency kindly perform an extended powercycle and reset your network hardware by following the steps below:

1. Unplug the power cable from the back of the router, modem, or gateway for 5 minutes. If you have a router and a modem, unplug the power cable from both devices.

2. Press and hold the Xbox button on your console for 10 seconds or until it turns off then wait for 2 minutes before turning it on again.

3. After 5 minutes, plug the modem or gateway in first, and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

4. If you are using a router, plug in the router and wait for all the lights to return to their normal state.

If you’re also connected via wireless kindly try and connect via wired to improve latency.

With ipv6, several home routers support IPv6 but disable it by default. Check the manual for your router, or visit our Networking Hardware Information support forum.

For your reference, you can check this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. Tezzarrific Win User

how do i use IPv6 instead of IPv4

IPv6 is not really needed in the household, but ISP's use ipv6 with ipv4 or just ipv6 externally, this is automatically done by the router so nothing to setup, if you want ipv6 inside the house then you need to access your router settings.

If you have ipv6 assigned by your ISP then your xbox will see this.
  4. Tezzarrific Win User

IPv6

looks like the router is setting ipv6/33 but lan is setup as ipv6/64, these end numbers need to match for a start, may be better to scour the dlink forums for a solution.

also as it is the WAN that is stuck connecting does your isp support ipv6 yet as some have not started using it yet.
  5. Patrick OCA Win User

Xbox app games install stuck on preparing windows 11

Alexander, disabling IPv6 worked for me. Forgot that I had asked our broadband provider to disable that for some weird mesh wifi setup we have. Anyway, in short: our broadband doesn't support IPv6 so disabling this in the network settings fixed the issue.
  6. ACCURATE JOSE Win User

Ipv6

Thema:

1. Need Help with setting up or writen direction to fix latensy and to setup ipv6 on xb1X - Similar Threads - Need Help setting

2. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  3. I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

in XboX Insiders
    I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings: Tv says it allow 4k 60hz gaming, but Xbox won’t Allow me to turn on the 50hz tab in display settings submitted by /u/MrHerbaDerb [link] [comments]
  4. need help with settings to join friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    need help with settings to join friends in minecraft: i cannot join my friends in minecraft, when i try to change my settings, it tells me i am unable to do so and that it is because i am part of a xbox family group, though i am not. Can anyone help...
  5. Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel: You see, it has a manual on what to map the buttons to, however it doesnt tell you how to do it on xbox, ps4 or on switch. It also thinks that the gear up/down paddles are extra triggers....
  6. I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help: I currently bought an Xbox series s and I put my Microsoft account on the Xbox series s and since then I haven't been able to play on Minecraft realms at all but I can play online multiplayer with...
  7. I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have...: I have no pc to format my new storage device. I try to use this on my xbox to store games and apps but when it is plugged in, it is recognised but I do not receive a pop up. When i watch the...
  8. Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff: When i first got my son an xbox i didnt know what i was doing so i set up an account but his "user name" and everything he plays is set up to me. Therefore he can purchase things and change things...
  9. Need help with xbox cloud gaming set up on Xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with xbox cloud gaming set up on Xbox one s: So I recently reset my xbox(I'm leasing it and was going to return it but they gave me an extension) so I set it back up and now i can no longer access cloud gaming. I can access it on my phone...
  10. Need help changing the email used to set up my xbox one.. (not the xbox live/store email)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help changing the email used to set up my xbox one.. (not the xbox live/store email)...: I need help changing the email the person used to set up my son's Xbox One. Not the email for Xbox live/store, that one is the correct one. It's the email used to set up the password to even get...