Need help with OSUDT

Discus and support Need help with OSUDT in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I'm trying to apply the OSUDT to my Xbox one in order to fix the green screen of death and it just won't take. I followed the directions step by... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Blub0nic Kr0nic, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Need help with OSUDT

So I'm trying to apply the OSUDT to my Xbox one in order to fix the green screen of death and it just won't take. I followed the directions step by step but once it gets to the part where I have to hold the eject button and bind button at the same time nothing
    happens. The Xbox stays on a black screen until I release the two buttons AND THEN it just proceeds back to green screen of death. If anyone can help resolve my problem I would greatly appreciate it.

:)

Blub0nic Kr0nic, Jul 7, 2015
  2. Jaymo1978
    Jaymo1978 Guest
    Xbox One update Error 8b050033

MAF, can you confirm which version of the OSUDT tool you were using? There are two different files, one essentially is for consoles with the factory O/S build on it and no updates applied. If you tried the OSUDT tool before restoring to defaults, you likely
    used OSUDT 2, which is the correct file for the August OS build. However, if you restored factory defaults and it went back to the ORIGINAL O/S build, you likely would need to download OSUDT version 1 and try that first.

Let me know, this is a frustrating issue!

Jaymo1978, Jul 7, 2015
  3. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    OSUDT problems

Hi, it's vital that you extract the Restore Factory Defaults file correctly to the flash drive, there should be just a folder named $SystemUpdate on the flash drive when extracted correctly. If you're not hearing the expected power on tones when holding
    bind/eject and pressing the power button it indicates the Xbox isn't seeing a viable update/factory restore directory on the flash drive.

I would format the flash drive and start over, extract the Restore Factory Defaults correctly and try again, if you are 100% sure that things are fine with the flash drive then try a different USB port on the Xbox.

Be sure to follow the steps exactly as shown on the link below.

support.xbox.com/.../offline-system-update-diagnostic-tool

EggsBoxJuan, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Need help with OSUDT

Hi Blub0nic Kr0nic,

Sorry you're having issues getting the Offline System Update Tool. Is your Xbox off when you press the bind and eject? How long are you holding the button down? Try doing the following. 1. Make sure your console is free from any discs in the drive. 2. Unplug
    the console for about 30 seconds. 3. Plug the console back in. 4. Press the Bind button, with the Eject (I don't think it matters but try to get the bind button a split second before the eject). Keep holding them untill you hear the 2 beeps. After you hear
    these beeps, let go of the bind / eject.

When the console restarts, remove the USB drive.

Note If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

Note The console restart may take several minutes. If you were using a wired connection, plug your network cable back into the console. If you have never connected your console to the Internet, you will need to connect at least once during
    your system setup proces

If it keeps failing after all these, try using a different USB drive, and start the process over.

Hordie, Jul 7, 2015
  5. I always hold the bind and eject buttons before turning on the console each time ive tried. There's no disc in the game when I attempt the process. Every time I've tried I always make sure its unplugged for at least 30 seconds like the steps suggest. And
    I've tried multiple times holding the buttons for atleast 1-2 minutes but I don't get any beeps. And yes my console has been connected to the internet before.

Blub0nic Kr0nic, Jul 7, 2015
  6. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    HI Blub0nic Kr0nic,

Thanks for the reply. I would then suggest trying to use a different USB Drive, and / or port on your Xbox. If both of those do not work, then I would suggest doing a repair at the link below, or contacting support so they can walk you through step by step.

Xbox Service Center

Xbox Support

Hordie, Jul 7, 2015
  7. WackierOhio
    WackierOhio Guest
    Is the eject button still supposed to make the eject noise when you do this process?

WackierOhio, Aug 7, 2015
  8. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

Need help with OSUDT

Hi WackierOhio,

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. This thread is a little old, and your issue may be different than the OP's. So the community can better assist with your exact issue, please create a new thread detailing your issue with any troubleshooting steps
    taken so far.

Hordie, Oct 31, 2018
  9. Hordie Win User

Need help with OSUDT

Hi Blub0nic Kr0nic,

Sorry you're having issues getting the Offline System Update Tool. Is your Xbox off when you press the bind and eject? How long are you holding the button down? Try doing the following. 1. Make sure your console is free from any discs in the drive. 2. Unplug
    the console for about 30 seconds. 3. Plug the console back in. 4. Press the Bind button, with the Eject (I don't think it matters but try to get the bind button a split second before the eject). Keep holding them untill you hear the 2 beeps. After you hear
    these beeps, let go of the bind / eject.

When the console restarts, remove the USB drive.

Note If you don't hear two power-up tones after 15 seconds, it means this failed. Likewise, if you hear any “power-down” chirps, that also means this failed.

Note The console restart may take several minutes. If you were using a wired connection, plug your network cable back into the console. If you have never connected your console to the Internet, you will need to connect at least once during
    your system setup proces

If it keeps failing after all these, try using a different USB drive, and start the process over.
  10. WackierOhio Win User

Need help with OSUDT

Is the eject button still supposed to make the eject noise when you do this process?
  11. Blub0nic Kr0nic Win User

Need help with OSUDT

I always hold the bind and eject buttons before turning on the console each time ive tried. There's no disc in the game when I attempt the process. Every time I've tried I always make sure its unplugged for at least 30 seconds like the steps suggest. And
    I've tried multiple times holding the buttons for atleast 1-2 minutes but I don't get any beeps. And yes my console has been connected to the internet before.
  12. Hordie Win User

Need help with OSUDT

Hi WackierOhio,

Sorry you're having issues with your Xbox. This thread is a little old, and your issue may be different than the OP's. So the community can better assist with your exact issue, please create a new thread detailing your issue with any troubleshooting steps
    taken so far.
  13. Hordie Win User

Need help with OSUDT

HI Blub0nic Kr0nic,

Thanks for the reply. I would then suggest trying to use a different USB Drive, and / or port on your Xbox. If both of those do not work, then I would suggest doing a repair at the link below, or contacting support so they can walk you through step by step.

Xbox Service Center

Xbox Support
Thema:

Need help with OSUDT

1. Need help with OSUDT - Similar Threads - Need help OSUDT

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360: Hey, so I bought a Japanese region Xbox 360 and I can't get it to connect to my wifi. When I try it says it can't connect to my router/network. Also when it detects my network it sees it but says...
  8. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  9. Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:: So recently I've freshly installed windows 10 on my pc, everything looked normal until I installed steam and it was updating but then steam had a fatal error saying that it needs internet to...
  10. Help I need the osudt link for preview program members OS.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help I need the osudt link for preview program members OS.: my one is telling me I need a 2046MB. Update. Update fails at 15% every time. I tried the osudt2 file and got a huge error screen please post the link for the right osudt file for preview members...