Need help with my Xbox and monitor to get 120hz.

Discus and support Need help with my Xbox and monitor to get 120hz. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have the Predator xb272 monitor and the Xbox Series X. I purchased the club dp adapter to get the desired 120hz but my monitor won't let 120hz apply.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cooper Rutt, May 13, 2023.

1. Cooper Rutt
    Cooper Rutt Guest

I have the Predator xb272 monitor and the Xbox Series X. I purchased the club dp adapter to get the desired 120hz but my monitor won't let 120hz apply. I have tried to switch my display to HDMI on my xbox in order to select the 120hz option but it doesn't work. My monitor also says the it is maxed at 60hz but I know that it can reach 240hz. I am really stuck and am looking for the solution to this problem so if you anybody can help it would be nice.

:)

Cooper Rutt, May 13, 2023
  2. Miguel Molina O Win User

Hi, and thanks for reaching out. My name is Miguel O., Sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue!

what specific Club dp adapter are you using?

Why are you using a dp adapter?

The monitor that you mentioned has HDMI port, make sure you are using an HDMI 2.1 cable to connect to your monitor.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below.
  3. Nursemorph Win User

Xiaomi Monitor 27 Inc 2k 165 Hz Not Support Xbox Series x for 2k 120Hz

I can't find an in-depth specifications list for that monitor but I suspect either of the following may be the cause:

- The monitor's native refresh rate is 60Hz and the monitor then uses the Adaptive Sync to get the 165Hz. Xboxes can't utilise that so is retricted to 60Hz

- It has a 120Hz setting but it's not exactly 120Hz which the Xbox needs. Some monitors will be listed as having a 120Hz mode but it is actually 119Hz

It could of course be another reason but those 2 are the reasons monitors usually won't display 1440p 120Hz
  4. ROBIN H 25 Win User

120hz

for 120hz you need i think hdmi2.1.

besides connecting the s at 120hz is not going to magically let it run at 120fps, you will be lucky to get 40fps on most games. kills my eyes running so slow.
    HDMI 2.1 is only needed if you plan to game at 4K for 120hz , on a 4K 144hz monitor, However there's no gaming monitors available at the moment, that yet has HDMI 2.1, the first HDMI 2.1 monitors that are likely to come in are around the same time as the
    Series X (Q4) launch or early 2021 (Q1),

1080p and some 1440p monitors can do 120hz over HDMI 1.4 if it's supported, but best ideally is HDMI 2.0 for 1440p for 120hz,

HDMI 2.0 can do 1080p / 1440p at 120hz and 4K at 60hz,

HDMI 2.1 can do 1080p / 1440p / 4K at 120hz.

For the Xbox Series X, it best to get a 4K TV or monitor that supports 120hz and has HDMI 2.1, to get the full potential out of the Series X.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Xbox Series X doesn't support 1440p@120Hz with 1440p@144Hz monitor

because the xbox needs the monitor to have 120hz in the edid, exact 120hz, as your monitor is 144hz then it may not list 120hz as being available.

pc on the other hand can be manually configured to output whatever hz up to the max of the screen.
  6. Tezzerrific Win User

sentey ms2711

even though his screen is 165hz, does not mean it will work with Xbox series, the edid needs to have an entry that is dead on 120hz as an option to change too.

PC's can display on monitors with varying refresh rates as most monitors do not get precise refresh, they are usually like 143.889hz as an example of a 144hz monitor, the Xbox requires the edid to have an option for exact refresh of 120hz and anything under or above will not usually be available on the Xbox.

some 165hz monitors don't even have 120hz available in edid.
Thema:

1. Need help with my Xbox and monitor to get 120hz. - Similar Threads - Need help monitor

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  5. Xbox X no longer connects to my PC monitor. Need help troubleshooting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X no longer connects to my PC monitor. Need help troubleshooting.: I have regularly used my Xbox Series X with my LG monitor. My brother took the Xbox to his friends house and when he brought it back, I can’t get it to connect to my PC monitor. It does connect to...
  6. HELP, Accidentally changed my HZ from 60 - 120, Monitor not supported HZ rate. Need to revert.

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP, Accidentally changed my HZ from 60 - 120, Monitor not supported HZ rate. Need to revert.: HDMI Had no signal received from.monitor, eventhough the monitor recognised that the cable was connected. Set to low res mode to try and manually select input to HDMI as the screen was no longer...
  7. In need of help with monitor choices xbox seriesx

in XBoX on Consoles
    In need of help with monitor choices xbox seriesx: Hello. 1rst off i pound nails for a living and haven't bought a new monitor in 5/6 years and wow things have changed . Just a casual rpg,er Getting away from pc gaming with the seriesx. Cant make...
  8. I need help buying a gaming monitor for the 1X.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help buying a gaming monitor for the 1X.: Like the title states. I need help. I’m looking to purchase a gaming monitor for the 1X but am not sure if I should be emphasizing VRR@60hz or 10 bit HDR. I’m honestly not sure if both of those...
  9. Need some Monitor help on Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need some Monitor help on Xbox one X: I have purchased a Viotek GFT27DB that supports 1440p at 144hz and when I have it plugged in to HDMI 2.0 it only lets me use 1440p at 60hz or 1080p at 120hz, why cant i use 1440p at 120hz .? The...
  10. Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP*

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP*: Hello! I have a small problem. I recently got an Xbox 360 E. When connected to the TV in the livingroom using HDMI it works completely fine. When I try connect the Xbox 360 E to a PC Monitor that...