Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

Discus and support Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Roberto Lee Eng Cisneros, Feb 16, 2024.

1. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

Hey everyone,

I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown:

I recently purchased a new monitor with some pretty impressive specs: the SPECTRE 3440 x 1440, 165Hz. Paired with my ASUS ROG Zephyrus G14 - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 setup, I was geared up for some serious gaming, particularly in Warzone.

However, here's where the problem creeps in. I'm using a DisplayPort cable connected to a DELL docking station with a "c" cable. Whenever I minimize a game, like Warzone, to return to the desktop, things get wonky. The monitor screen goes black for about 5 seconds before going back to the desktop. And when it does, the desktop resolution looks like it's been downgraded, even though I haven't touched any display settings. What's odd is that if I power cycle the monitor, everything goes back to normal.

To add to the confusion, whenever I minimize a game, the display quality takes a nosedive, becoming extremely blurry. But, I've found a temporary fix by toggling the monitor off and on again.

Now, I've tried a bunch of troubleshooting steps:

• Made sure all drivers are updated.
    • Experimented with "borderless window" instead of "Full Screen."
    • Played around with the game resolution (which is always set to native).
    • Messed with some NVIDIA 3D Settings in the control panel and even restored them to default.
    • Confirmed that all Windows screen settings are at native resolution and max refresh rate (165Hz).
    But alas, the issue persists. I suspect it might be a software configuration problem, possibly lurking within the NVIDIA control panel or elsewhere.

I've attached screenshots of my NVIDIA panel settings and Warzone settings for reference.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has any insights into what might be causing this, I'm all ears. Your suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games [​IMG]

Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games [​IMG]

:)

Roberto Lee Eng Cisneros, Feb 16, 2024
  2. XBF Eladio M Win User

Xbox

Hey Septic

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

If when testing this on an alternate monitor and this works without flaws there, and if you have already replaced the HDMI ports on the monitor and you are still experiencing the same results, it is likely that the monitor is the one that is causing the
    problem.

You can attempt to
    reset your display
    and see if this will resolve this blank screen issue, however, if this does not stop the black screen flickering, then this could be hardware related.

I hope this helps.
  3. Kiesey Win User

Black screen of death

4. BakyOsijekHr Win User

Legal Waranty 2 years in Europe, black screen Xbox One X

Here is a troubleshooting link for black screen: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/tv-or-monitor-screen-is-blank-while-connected
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox stuck after reset. black screen

Hello samgrant2,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One only displaying a black screen upon startup. To troubleshoot this, please visit this page:

Troubleshoot Blank TV/Monitor - Xbox One

I hope this helps.
  6. XBF Ezra G Win User

Pantalla negra[Black screen]

Hello lilianabobadilla1,

Thank you for your post. I understand you are experiencing an issue with your Xbox One producing a black screen. To troubleshoot this, please visit this page:

Troubleshoot Blank TV/Monitor - Xbox One

I hope this helps.
Thema:

Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

1. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games - Similar Threads - Need Help Monitor

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. Need help with my Xbox and monitor to get 120hz.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with my Xbox and monitor to get 120hz.: I have the Predator xb272 monitor and the Xbox Series X. I purchased the club dp adapter to get the desired 120hz but my monitor won't let 120hz apply. I have tried to switch my display to HDMI on...
  5. Xbox X no longer connects to my PC monitor. Need help troubleshooting.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox X no longer connects to my PC monitor. Need help troubleshooting.: I have regularly used my Xbox Series X with my LG monitor. My brother took the Xbox to his friends house and when he brought it back, I can’t get it to connect to my PC monitor. It does connect to...
  6. HELP, Accidentally changed my HZ from 60 - 120, Monitor not supported HZ rate. Need to revert.

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP, Accidentally changed my HZ from 60 - 120, Monitor not supported HZ rate. Need to revert.: HDMI Had no signal received from.monitor, eventhough the monitor recognised that the cable was connected. Set to low res mode to try and manually select input to HDMI as the screen was no longer...
  7. In need of help with monitor choices xbox seriesx

in XBoX on Consoles
    In need of help with monitor choices xbox seriesx: Hello. 1rst off i pound nails for a living and haven't bought a new monitor in 5/6 years and wow things have changed . Just a casual rpg,er Getting away from pc gaming with the seriesx. Cant make...
  8. I need help buying a gaming monitor for the 1X.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help buying a gaming monitor for the 1X.: Like the title states. I need help. I’m looking to purchase a gaming monitor for the 1X but am not sure if I should be emphasizing VRR@60hz or 10 bit HDR. I’m honestly not sure if both of those...
  9. Need some Monitor help on Xbox one X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need some Monitor help on Xbox one X: I have purchased a Viotek GFT27DB that supports 1440p at 144hz and when I have it plugged in to HDMI 2.0 it only lets me use 1440p at 60hz or 1080p at 120hz, why cant i use 1440p at 120hz .? The...
  10. Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP*

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bad quality using HDMI on Xbox 360 E using PC Monitor. *NEED HELP*: Hello! I have a small problem. I recently got an Xbox 360 E. When connected to the TV in the livingroom using HDMI it works completely fine. When I try connect the Xbox 360 E to a PC Monitor that...