Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game

Discus and support Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Ok my son bought titan fall 2nd hand recently and was wanting to play it yesterday Got the Xbox live membership to play it all fine Get's to a point... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by NasalFlounder59, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game

Ok my son bought titan fall 2nd hand recently and was wanting to play it yesterday

Got the Xbox live membership to play it all fine

Get's to a point where it says "you need an Xbox hard drive to play this game"

Thought it may be an issue with memory so move the games etc onto a memory stick so he now has 2GB space etc

Do I now need to spend a fortune getting a hard drive for this game? The game only cost him £2.50 so don't want to have to spend a fortune setting it up for him if you know what I mean Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game :)

:)

NasalFlounder59, Apr 12, 2018
  2. Original Xbox games with Sandisk flash drive?

Hi can anyone help me.. My son wants to play a compatible orginal xbox game (sonic mega collection plus) on the xbox slim.

I am connected to xbox live but understand the xbox says I also need a hard disk drive to play the game..

Can i use a sandisk xbox flash drive or must it be a 250g xbox hard disk drive?

Im just not sure if the cheaper sandisk option will work?

MovingCashew1, Apr 13, 2018
  3. CHUCK E RICE
    CHUCK E RICE Guest
    playing new battlefield on xbox 360 with 4g mem.

why cant i play game on my xbox. says i need 2g free space. I do but still wont let me play. Do i need a new hard drive with more space?

CHUCK E RICE, Apr 13, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

Somce games require an official Xbox hard drive due to system files on that drive, not the actual storage space. So yes, you would need to purchase a hard drive in order to play that game.

Smwutches, Apr 13, 2018
  5. ok thanks, bit annoying as that would be £60 for a hard drive and the game only cost £2.50 Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game :) not worth it really just for that one game but thanks for answering

NasalFlounder59, Nov 2, 2018
  6. NasalFlounder59 Win User

ok thanks, bit annoying as that would be £60 for a hard drive and the game only cost £2.50 :) not worth it really just for that one game but thanks for answering
  7. Smwutches Win User

Somce games require an official Xbox hard drive due to system files on that drive, not the actual storage space. So yes, you would need to purchase a hard drive in order to play that game.
  8. FierceDig9 Win User

Help with new game

I bought my son the new need for sped rivals game and the 360 is saying it needs to download some content but the 360 is not allowing me to download saying it needs to download on the hard drive, but that's what im trying to use.... any suggestions would
    be nice. if I cant get this issue resolved I will be taking the 360 to game stop and trading it in and get my son a ps3, ive had to MANY issues with my son and this 360. hes on his 3rd one...
  9. Smwutches Win User

USB Sticks/ Hard Drives compatible

If the game says it requires a hard drive, then it needs an Xbox hard drive. Some games require the hard drive due to system files on the drive.
  10. StuartATrueRed Win User

Black Ops III disc installation problem on Xbox 360 S with 4 GB memory

If the game cover has an icon somewhere stating it needs a hard drive to play, then chances are you will need an Xbox 360 hard drive to play the game.
Thema:

1. Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game - Similar Threads - Need help game

2. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  3. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  4. I need help refunding a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help refunding a game: I’m trying to refund an Xbox game I bought and it declined my refund saying I reached my refund limit and This is the first game I’m refunding and I don’t understand why it says I reached my...
  5. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.: I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the 6044f4fc-6db5-4086-a8bb-d3dfb402a827
  8. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  9. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  10. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]