Need help transferring data

Discus and support Need help transferring data in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hello, So basically, me and my friend have been playing on a singular joint xbox account for a while now, but now we need to have different xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Harry Steddon, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Need help transferring data

Hello,

So basically, me and my friend have been playing on a singular joint xbox account for a while now, but now we need to have different xbox accounts as we don't want to be playing on the same account anymore. Is there any way at all to transfer game data (mainly from Fortnite and Star Wars Battlefront 2) to another xbox account, or to copy the data. We don't need to keep the old xbox account either so that can be removed if needed.

Thanks

:)

Harry Steddon, Mar 5, 2023
  2. Arminator Win User

Transferring data help needed

Are you specifically asked to "install" a game, or does the console ask something like "Do you own this game" and you are asked to buy the game or insert the disc?

Also, who is playing on Xbox A now, and what games don't work, as the copy protection of the games might get in the way, depending on how you set up the "Home Console" for each person (you yourself included).

For that, a bit of background: Imagine that every download game you buy frim the Xbox Store has two digital locks. In order to be able to play the game, it's sufficient if only one of these locks can be opened.

When your account buys a game, a key for the game is stored online with your account on the Xbox Live service, which means, you can go to any console in the world, download your game to any console, and play it, as long as your account is online and able
    to get the key from the Xbox Live service.

The second key is given to the console that is set as your "Home Console". So when you set up a Xbox One with your account for the first time, that console automatically becomes your "Home Console". For every game you buy, your account's Home Console will
    also get a key for the game, allowing the console to unlock the game for anyone playing on it.

So, if you set up your new Xbox C as your Home Console, the games you purchased won't work on Xbox A anymore for other people.

If the games are really asking you to install them again, it might be that they are corrupt for whatever reason. Delete the non-working game, and try the Network Transfer to transfer the working game from one console to the other console. Or try to copy
    the game again via USB drive that you connect to each of the consoles.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Nothing can be transferred between accounts. If you each start a new account, you'll both have to start over on those accounts.
  4. WPAK Win User

Transferring data help needed

Hi there,

please try the manual power cycle steps like mentioned on the following link, be sure to wait at least 60 seconds before powering on again:

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Also to be sure double check if all consoles are fully updated and on the same dashboard version. Which can be found somewhere in Settings - System.

Let us know the results

Side note: It's a bit strange that the transfer took over 2 days, that shouldn't take that long usually
  5. The Viral Cyrix Win User

New Slim, old hard drive?

Infact your old harddrive will not fit into the new console you would need the data transfer cable to transfer your data
  6. Shad0wW0lfAlpha Win User

Transferring Data Help

Just make sure you use a large enough USB stick. I'm in the same boat. I thought an 8GB stick was plenty; it wasn't and now I'm stuck at the grey transfer data screen. Gonna go back and use a 16gb when I can get back to the dashboard.

USB seemed fairly quick as well and, I can't justify another expense for the cable - even though the cable sounds like it would be much easier to use.
Thema:

1. Need help transferring data - Similar Threads - Need help transferring

2. Need support help with license transfer

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need support help with license transfer: Hello if anyone knows anyway to help it would be appreciated so i went to play my old xbox 360 and so i started downloading some of my old games but i also started purchasing disk games and turns...
  3. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  4. Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with transferring a lost Microsoft account with my old gamertag.: Hi, I used to have an Xbox One X and it stopped displaying video but at that time I didn't have enough cash to get it repaired so I had to get it recycled. It had my old gamertag and old Microsoft...
  5. Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s: My son is having a couple of issues transferring Dying Light & Battlefield 2042 from Xbox One to Series S. Most of his existing library has successfuly migrated via network transfer, but with...
  6. Need help with gifted game not transferred

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with gifted game not transferred: need help with gifted game not transferred a5dbc582-20cc-4495-ae2f-b6e4f00088fb
  7. I need to transfer my son's game play to a new Microsoft account for his safety please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need to transfer my son's game play to a new Microsoft account for his safety please help: Hello I really hope someone from Xbox can help me. Side note I apologize for being Xbox illiterate. My son has been using his father's Xbox, which he gave to him years ago. AHis father...
  8. I need to transfer games and data from my Auntie account onto my account how can you help...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I need to transfer games and data from my Auntie account onto my account how can you help...: I need help transfers my games and data from my Auntie Xbox Account onto my account how can I do it Please help?! f2bbe270-e1c6-4762-9c99-f8f5dacaf918
  9. XBOX 360 MUSIC TRANSFER NEED HELP FAST

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 MUSIC TRANSFER NEED HELP FAST: Hi , make 2 week i keep looking at getthing back my music from my old xbox 360 that i gave to my sister but i put 3 cd of music in it long time ago by extract cd.. NOW i need you help ,, how can i...
  10. Need help with Original Xbox console with transfer saved contents or repair console?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with Original Xbox console with transfer saved contents or repair console?: Anyone know how to transfer saved games, data, etc... from Original xbox console (old) to another xbox console (New) or where to find a repairman near my location Stuarts Draft, Va? [img]...