Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin

Discus and support Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Tony Wright1, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Tony Wright1
    Tony Wright1 Guest

I recently bought a second hand series X, when I’ve got it home and tried it out, all works fine as it should but the old users account is still on the machine. My main problem is removing the account, when I try to remove it, it’s asks for the access pin to go to the next screen. The problem being I do not know the pin and cannot access any of the main menus. Is there away for resting the account, Can you delete the old account without the old access pin. I’m just going round in circles.

I want to delete old account which is protected with a pin, but cannot

I want to add my account but it won’t let me because I you need the access pin to be able to install my account

I can logon onto the old account but have no access to the main option as you need the access pin

HELP PLEASE

Tony

:)

Tony Wright1, Apr 20, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Tony, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can reset the console to factory defaults, this will remove the old account and allow you to log in with yours.

With the console turned off, press and hold the Eject Button and the Pair Button on the console, then, press the Xbox Power Button to turn on the console.

Keep pressing the Eject and Pair Button until you hear a second Beep, then release them.

Your console should be booted into the Troubleshoot menu.

Turn on your controller and select Reset this Xbox > Select Remove Everything.

[​IMG]

Once the process is done, you can do the initial console setup with your account.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tflHi41S31c

I hope this helps.
  3. Nkosana23 Win User

how do i find my parental control pin code

Hi. My name is Brilliant and I am happy to assist you today.

In order to access the access Pin options, you Press the Xbox button to open the guide. Then select "Profile & system" -> "Settings" -> "System" -> "Access restrictions".
    There you will find options to create or remove an access Pin.

To reset the access Pin, you have to know your Microsoft account password and have it signed in on the console.
    1. Follow the steps to remove an access Pin.
    2. When you’re prompted to enter the access PIN, enter an incorrect PIN three times, and then enter your Microsoft account password to remove the access PIN.
    3. If you want to create a new access PIN, select Create an access PIN and follow the steps.

I hope this helps resolve your query. Have a great day.
  4. Bulldozer51 Win User

Error codes

I got the same error also. I just got an xbox x and trying to share the account that was on my old xbox. Do I need to remove it from the old one?
  5. Niall Michael Win User

Someone used my card to buy xbox live on there account

To remove your Debit / Credit card from your xbox live profile you need to login on xbox.com and click on ´´My Account´´ in the top right corner under your gamertag. Then under your avatar you will find the ´´Payment and Billing´´ category, click on manage
    payment options. You will probably need to sign in with your Parental Email to gain access. Once you sign in it will show you all the cards linked with your account. You should have the option to remove any cards from your account. And if you dont have access
    to their account, you need to contact xbox support and tell them to remove the card, you might get asked some questions such as the cards pin and expiration date so they know you are the owner of the card. Hope this helped.
  6. Njal the Blue Win User

Gamertag

Was it attached to an old account you no longer use? If so yoiu would need to gain access to that account to remove the gamer tag from it.
Thema:

1. Need help to remove an old account from Xbox that got an access pin - Similar Threads - Need help remove

2. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  3. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  4. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  5. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  6. Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360: Hey, so I bought a Japanese region Xbox 360 and I can't get it to connect to my wifi. When I try it says it can't connect to my router/network. Also when it detects my network it sees it but says...
  7. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...
  8. i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i need help to remove my fortnite account from one microsoft account then transfer to...: Hi I linked my Fortnite account to my father's Microsoft account a while back and now my father is complaining that he has all his personal information on that account and doesn't want any games...
  9. Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you call me at [mod removed] I need help changing my number on Xbox it’s my number of...: Can you call me back at [mod removed] 1a55fa2c-6bca-4919-8700-5fe5fa77da24
  10. Someone has created an xbox account with my email account. I NEED HELP TO REMOVE IT!!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    Someone has created an xbox account with my email account. I NEED HELP TO REMOVE IT!!!: Someone has created an xbox account on my email account & i think it was from when i was hacked 3 years ago and i cannot get rid of it. I have changed my passwords, security ect. All i want to...