Need help to get my Xbox game bar to work properly.

Discus and support Need help to get my Xbox game bar to work properly. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I uninstalled the Xbox Game Bar file in the file location of Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay (you can see the file location for yourself when you open Task... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Orbange, Dec 4, 2023.

1. Orbange
    Orbange Guest

I uninstalled the Xbox Game Bar file in the file location of Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay (you can see the file location for yourself when you open Task Manager and click on the file location of the gamebar): now I cannot get the Xbox game bar back. I can install Xbox Game Bar again through the Microsoft Store, but it won't even open. I tried repairing and resetting the app through settings, and that won't even work. So, I'm not too sure on what to do now.

:)

Orbange, Dec 4, 2023
  2. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Orbange,

Greetings!

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It seems that you're having issue with the Xbox Game Bar. Let us check and see on what we can do to help resolve your concern in a timely manner.

Here are some steps you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Make sure that your Windows 10 is up to date. You can check for updates by going to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.

2. If resetting the app doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Xbox Game Bar app. To do this, go to Settings > Apps > Apps & features > Xbox Game Bar > Uninstall. Then, go to the Microsoft Store and reinstall the app again.

3. If none of the above steps work, try running the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter. To do this, go to Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot > Windows Store Apps.

On the other hand, perform system scan. This will scan and recover corrupted system files. follow the steps below:

• In the Windows search bar, search for Command Prompt and Run as administrator.
    • Copy the command one line at a time below it and paste it at the command prompt and hit enter:
    [table][tr]
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    [/tr][tr][td]
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
    [/td][/tr][tr][td]
    SFC /scannow
    [/td][/tr][/table]

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

3. Orbange Win User

I uninstalled Xbox game bar and reinstalled it still didn't work. I tried everything nothing else worked. I'm on windows 11 by the way.
  4. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Orbange,

Thank you for getting back with the thread.

Here are the additional troubleshooting steps that we can perform:

Make sure Xbox Services are running.

• Press the Windows key + R shortcut to open the Run dialog box. Type services.msc in the box and press Enter.
    • In the Services window, scroll down to locate the Xbox Accessory Management Service. Double-click on it to open its Properties.
    • Use the drop-down menu next to the Startup type to select Automatic. Then, click Apply followed by OK.
    • Repeat the above steps to change the startup type for these services – Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, and Xbox Live Networking Service to Automatic. After that, restart your PC and sign in to the Xbox app again.

Additionally, you can use Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC. Follow the steps below:

1. Download the Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC using the link: https://aka.ms/GamingRepairTool
    2. Choose your save destination and then go to that destination to open the file after the download is complete.
    3. Once the file has been opened, a command prompt will then open and automatically run checks and install needed updates to Gaming Services for your PC:

For your reference, see: Gaming Services Repair Tool for PC | Xbox Support

We look forward to your response. Kindly let us know, if there is any misunderstanding or clarifications of our description by sending us a reply.

Sincerely,

5. Orbange Win User

Unfortunately it didn’t work
  6. Tomm_A Win User

Hello Orbange,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question (microsoft.com)

Thank you for your understanding.

Respectfully,

Thema:

1. Need help to get my Xbox game bar to work properly. - Similar Threads - Need help game

2. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  3. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  4. I need help refunding a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help refunding a game: I’m trying to refund an Xbox game I bought and it declined my refund saying I reached my refund limit and This is the first game I’m refunding and I don’t understand why it says I reached my...
  5. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  6. Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help downloading 360 profile while playing backwards compatible games on series x: I’m trying to play my save on fallout 3, I’m signed to my account on the series x and connected to Xbox live but when i play the game my profile isn’t on the 360 dashboard and won’t let me...
  7. I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the forthnite game.: I need help to use mi microsoft balance on my xbox on the 6044f4fc-6db5-4086-a8bb-d3dfb402a827
  8. I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help. For some reason my Xbox one refuses to open games and apps.: For some reason my 7 (maybe) year old Xbox one won’t start up apps or games saying “for some reason [x] took too long to open”. I tried power restarting it (I think that was the name for it) I...
  9. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...
  10. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]