Need help setting up second Xbox Live account for second profile

Discus and support Need help setting up second Xbox Live account for second profile in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just bought a used Xbox 360 - the oldest one. (And I know little to nothing) There was already an offline profile on there. So when I set up Xbox... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by YuckyRogue3843, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Need help setting up second Xbox Live account for second profile

I just bought a used Xbox 360 - the oldest one. (And I know little to nothing) There was already an offline profile on there. So when I set up Xbox Live, it linked it to that profile, so I guess it is now a gametag. I made a second profile and tried to
    access Xbox live on it, but it throws me out to the login/log out screen where I can pick the first user with the xbox live account or sign out (my only options apparently).

I would like for the second profile to be able to access Xbox live also, so I figured that I just needed to make an xbox live account for that profile also. BUT, when I go to settings, the important things (profile, account, and privacy) are blocked out,
    like I don't have access through that account.

I went back into the first account that has the Xbox live access and tried every security and privacy setting I could find to allow the second profile to create an account, but every time I go into the second account, the story is the same - blocked out
    of the essential stuff on the settings section.

Anybody who can suggest anything would be greatly appreciated. This is a gift for my nephew and I'm trying to set it all up for him and his mom, but I'm in over my head. Please help!

:)

YuckyRogue3843, Nov 13, 2015
  2. FunnierCone5
    FunnierCone5 Guest
    second 360 set up

need help setting up a second xbox in my house to play live. already have account set up for first unit.

how do i set up the second box using the same acount?

FunnierCone5, Nov 13, 2015
  3. cptmajestic1
    cptmajestic1 Guest
    Family Gold Question

I have the primary account connected to xbox live for NHL, can give the second family member access to online play or xbox live without buying another membership? Currently when I try and connect with second profile it tells me I need to sign up for new
    account.

Thanks

cptmajestic1, Nov 13, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sounds like you've created an offline profile. The settings will not be available on an offline profile as it does not connect to Live at all.

What you should do is create a new email address specifically for that account then, on the console, log in to it. On the main Home screen you should see an option to Join Live. Select it and follow the instructions adding the email when it prompts you
    to do so. It will give the account a new gamertag which you can change once immediately for free.

onyxishere, Nov 13, 2015
  5. Thanks so much. I actually figured most of that out this morning, but with one little problem. I thought I was creating the email address specifically for the offline profile, but when I went to log in, it said it was already associated with another user.
    I was able to download the profile linked to the email address from Xbox Live, but I'm not really sure what i did wrong where I can't link the email account to the offline profile.

It have something to do with parental permissions though. I got stuck on a loop for a while on the Xbox and ended up having to do a bunch of parental permissions first through Microsoft and then through Xbox. When I was done, I had apparently already had
    a Xbox Live account created. So, when I went to sign in through the offline account, it then told me that it was already in use.

Just wondering if you have any idea what I did wrong for future reference.

Thanks so much for the reply. You were spot on with the solution for my problem.

YuckyRogue3843, Nov 14, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    It's possible that you accidentally created the account when you were trying to set up things. It happens more than you think, even with experienced people. But, at least the end result is the same

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  7. onyxishere Win User

It's possible that you accidentally created the account when you were trying to set up things. It happens more than you think, even with experienced people. But, at least the end result is the same
  8. onyxishere Win User

Sounds like you've created an offline profile. The settings will not be available on an offline profile as it does not connect to Live at all.

What you should do is create a new email address specifically for that account then, on the console, log in to it. On the main Home screen you should see an option to Join Live. Select it and follow the instructions adding the email when it prompts you
    to do so. It will give the account a new gamertag which you can change once immediately for free.
  9. YuckyRogue3843 Win User

Thanks so much. I actually figured most of that out this morning, but with one little problem. I thought I was creating the email address specifically for the offline profile, but when I went to log in, it said it was already associated with another user.
    I was able to download the profile linked to the email address from Xbox Live, but I'm not really sure what i did wrong where I can't link the email account to the offline profile.

It have something to do with parental permissions though. I got stuck on a loop for a while on the Xbox and ended up having to do a bunch of parental permissions first through Microsoft and then through Xbox. When I was done, I had apparently already had
    a Xbox Live account created. So, when I went to sign in through the offline account, it then told me that it was already in use.

Just wondering if you have any idea what I did wrong for future reference.

Thanks so much for the reply. You were spot on with the solution for my problem.
  10. webdevkit Win User

Help setting up second controller

You'll want to look at the Family & Online Safety section of the Microsoft help center:

https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/family-online-safety/browse

Basically, you'll have to create a second account, so you and your son both have your own account, and then you set up a Family on your account and add your son to the family.

When you are signed into the Xbox on one controller, you can sign into the second account from the second controller by pressing the Xbox Guide button on the controller to bring up the sidebar. On the accounts tab you can choose to sign in as a guest to
    your account or as the second account that you create.
  11. djmistaspot Win User

Help setting up second controller

You should clarify what you mean by "activate a new person".
Thema:

1. Need help setting up second Xbox Live account for second profile - Similar Threads - Need help setting

2. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  3. I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

in XboX Insiders
    I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings: Tv says it allow 4k 60hz gaming, but Xbox won’t Allow me to turn on the 50hz tab in display settings submitted by /u/MrHerbaDerb [link] [comments]
  4. need help with settings to join friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    need help with settings to join friends in minecraft: i cannot join my friends in minecraft, when i try to change my settings, it tells me i am unable to do so and that it is because i am part of a xbox family group, though i am not. Can anyone help...
  5. Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel: You see, it has a manual on what to map the buttons to, however it doesnt tell you how to do it on xbox, ps4 or on switch. It also thinks that the gear up/down paddles are extra triggers....
  6. I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't play on Minecraft realms because of how my account is set up I need help: I currently bought an Xbox series s and I put my Microsoft account on the Xbox series s and since then I haven't been able to play on Minecraft realms at all but I can play online multiplayer with...
  7. I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help formatting my storage device. How do i set it up? When it is plugged in, I have...: I have no pc to format my new storage device. I try to use this on my xbox to store games and apps but when it is plugged in, it is recognised but I do not receive a pop up. When i watch the...
  8. Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help set up account wrong and need to change without losing my sons stuff: When i first got my son an xbox i didnt know what i was doing so i set up an account but his "user name" and everything he plays is set up to me. Therefore he can purchase things and change things...
  9. Need help with xbox cloud gaming set up on Xbox one s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with xbox cloud gaming set up on Xbox one s: So I recently reset my xbox(I'm leasing it and was going to return it but they gave me an extension) so I set it back up and now i can no longer access cloud gaming. I can access it on my phone...
  10. Need help changing the email used to set up my xbox one.. (not the xbox live/store email)...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help changing the email used to set up my xbox one.. (not the xbox live/store email)...: I need help changing the email the person used to set up my son's Xbox One. Not the email for Xbox live/store, that one is the correct one. It's the email used to set up the password to even get...