Need help getting Xbox bar to work (Windows 11)

Discus and support Need help getting Xbox bar to work (Windows 11) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I'm currently using Windows 11. I was having issues with Xbox game bar, so I uninstalled Xbox game bar by going to task manager > game bar > then I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Orbange, Dec 9, 2023.

1. Orbange
    Orbange Guest

I'm currently using Windows 11. I was having issues with Xbox game bar, so I uninstalled Xbox game bar by going to task manager > game bar > then I uninstalled the SYSTEM file. The problem is now I tried everything, and the app won't even open anymore. I tried resetting the app, uninstalling in PowerShell, reinstalling, troubleshooting Microsoft store, and none of it will work. I never had issues with being able to open Xbox game bar until I deleted the game bar SYSTEM file. It says the app is installed and everything, but when I click on the app icon or press windows key + G nothing happens whatsoever. It just refuses to open.

:)

Orbange, Dec 9, 2023
  2. Orbange Win User

Unfortunately, none of this didn't work. I even tried another method, which is system recovery and didn't work too.
  3. Hoskayra Win User

Hello, Orbange my name is oskayra I am an independent advisor and player like you I hope I can help solve your problem today

Unfortunately, uninstalling the Xbox Game Bar SYSTEM file can cause issues like you're experiencing. While the app might appear installed, its core functionality could be damaged.

Here are some advanced troubleshooting steps you can try:

1. System File Checker (SFC):

Open Command Prompt as administrator.
    Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
    This will scan and repair any corrupted system files, including those related to the Xbox Game Bar.
    2. DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management):

Open Command Prompt as administrator.
    Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth and press Enter.
    This will repair any corrupted Windows system images, which could also be causing the Xbox Game Bar issue.
    3. Reinstall Xbox Game Bar:

Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
    Type powershell and press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open PowerShell as administrator.
    Type the following command and press Enter: Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    This will completely remove the Xbox Game Bar app.
    Open the Microsoft Store app.
    Search for "Xbox Game Bar" and install it again.
    4. Check for Windows Updates:

Go to Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
    Check for available updates and install them.
    Sometimes, critical updates can fix issues with built-in apps like the Xbox Game Bar.
    5. Create a new local user profile:

This can be a last resort option if none of the above steps work.
    Creating a new user profile eliminates the possibility of any corrupted settings causing the issue with the Xbox Game Bar.
    Follow the steps on the Microsoft support website to create a new local user profile: https://support.microsoft.com/windo...-windows-20de74e0-ac7f-3502-a866-32915af2a34d

Additional Resources:

Important Note:

Deleting system files can be risky and should be done with caution. Always back up your important data before attempting any advanced troubleshooting steps.
    If you're not comfortable performing these steps yourself, consider seeking help from a computer technician.

Through the following links that I will provide you can see more detailed information regarding the solutions I gave you in case you want to be sure that my information is correct, keep in mind that I specified the information to help you in a more personalized way to your problem.

Auto refresh and power down restart issues: https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/e5e3f8ee-114c-44f4-b271-da11c5de5e2e

really hope your problem has been fixed with my help, if it works let me know and have a nice day. Oskayra
  4. Geri M. Win User

Xbox game bar on laptop windows 11 capture issue.

Hello Hedae ™,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand that you are experiencing issues with Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11. Let us look into this together to get you back to gaming.

First check that your Laptop is updated to the latest version of Windows 11. How to get software and driver updates for Windows devices | Xbox Support

Secondly, visit to this link for more procedures to trouble shoot Game Bar : Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows | Xbox Support

We would also suggest to check on this answered post with same issue for you to check and get some ideas that might be useful on your case: windows 11 xbox game bar not working - Microsoft Community

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know. We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Have a great day ahead.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  5. Mig000035 Win User

No notification when i unlock Achievements in Pc

-windows 11

-checked the windows store and the game bar doesn't need to be updated

-checked the app settings to see if the notifications where off, it was all on, should be working but it isn't
  6. SamuraiTrav Win User

Xbox app not loading

No updates available for the Xbox app, I did however need to update my Nvidia Driver however this didnt help anything. I updated from windows 10 home to windows 11 in hope that itd work after the update but alas, it didnt. Also no new updates via windows either.

I'll add however, I can access both the Game Bar and Console Companion but I cant access the Xbox app.Right clicking the xbox app when it pops up on the task bar and selecting an option will get me into the app, but once i'm in the app, I cant sign in.
Thema:

1. Need help getting Xbox bar to work (Windows 11) - Similar Threads - Need help getting

2. my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Nat is on moderate and i need to get it open… problem with multiplay i think… Pls help: Having problems with network P2pU cant get it working, my Nat is moderate and i need to get it open? Pls help 97599c18-a918-440f-8f40-e87bc695b8cc
  3. Urgent help needed. I sold my Xbox one and the new user can't get on

in XboX Insiders
    Urgent help needed. I sold my Xbox one and the new user can't get on: I sold my Xbox one today because I have an Xbox one x. I factory reset it but before I did I had to sign in to Microsoft and make it my "home" Xbox. I thought the factory reset would take that...
  4. I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.

in XBoX on Windows
    I scratched all of the numbers on my gift card. I need help getting the numbers back.: I need help getting the number back 7139f22f-9c6b-4025-9e34-f98021bb280c
  5. Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. I'm on xbox s no disc port and I keep getting Disc read error help: I'm on xbox s and keep getting disc read error how can I fix it please.. 2ef1ae2b-2ea1-417f-8ae1-fa8377e2729f
  6. I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help getting my old xbox account back without email and passwords: I have had this xbox account since 2019 before i moved and lost my xbox 1 but i Remebered today that it might still be up so i did some digging and saw my old account but i cant get in becuase i...
  7. So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, please: So i need help cancelling and getting a refund with Xbox game pass subscription, But i have one issue when i go to cancel it, it says We can’t cancel your subscription You have already paid for...
  8. Need help getting Call of duty Cold war back.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting Call of duty Cold war back.: I recently switched from the Xbox one to Xbox one s. All was going, Most games were downloaded and worked perfectly fine except for one, That is Call of duty cold war. I saw this and thought oh...
  9. Insiders help please. I need to get into the alpha program

in XboX Insiders
    Insiders help please. I need to get into the alpha program: I have a question how exactly am i able to join alpha insiders i been in the beta insiders for 2 years and i never got a message too join the insider program. submitted by /u/Badassgamer1996...
  10. I can’t get into my Xbox account because I fortgot the email I need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can’t get into my Xbox account because I fortgot the email I need help: I can’t get into my Xbox account because I forgot the email 4a2496fb-caa6-449e-803a-05a4b29a2ba9