Need help connecting Xbox 360 Controller to PC (Wired)

Discus and support Need help connecting Xbox 360 Controller to PC (Wired) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Apologies in advance if this isn't in the proper section. Youtube videos, written tutorials, and a tech savvy younger brother can't figure out what's... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DrakolfGrimm, Aug 19, 2017.

1. DrakolfGrimm
    DrakolfGrimm Guest

Apologies in advance if this isn't in the proper section.

Youtube videos, written tutorials, and a tech savvy younger brother can't figure out what's wrong, thus I turn to you, forum. I've been trying to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. I downloaded the accessories status driver from the main site for Win
    7 (64 bit), the driver for the controller itself installed without issues, but every time I connect the controller to the PC itself, and press the big silver and green center button, all it does is flash all four quadrants at me in a manner that can be best
    described as mockingly.

I've tried it with two different controllers, both work without issue on my 360 no problem, it's just somewhere along the way, something either doesn't translate or maybe I'm a big freakin' idiot and didn't do the Very Important Thing that everyone but me
    knows.

Anyway, thanks for reading this and double thanks if you have a suggestion for how to get this thing working. If there are any other details I need to provide, let me know, I might need a tutorial on how to provide it, but I'll do so to the best of my ability.

:)

DrakolfGrimm, Aug 19, 2017
  2. kevin
    kevin Guest
    How to set up and use the Xbox 360 Chatpad

You can easily chat with your friends on Xbox LIVE using the Xbox 360 Chatpad. The Chatpad is very helpful for sending text messages quickly.

How to connect the Xbox Chatpad to a controller

To connect the Xbox Chatpad to a controller, follow the steps below:

• First, you need to turn the controller and the Xbox 360 Chatpad so that the bottom of each faces up.
    • The chatpad connector plug needs to be aligned with the controller’s expansion port. You have to align the two posts on the chatpad with the holes on the controller.
    • Finally, you need to push the chatpad onto the controller with even pressure to attach. You have to ensure that there is no gape between the chatpad and the controller.
    You can also connect an Xbox 360 Wired Headset or a mobile phone headset with the Xbox 360 Chatpad. To connect a headset, you need to plug it into the 2.5-mm audio jack on the chatpad.

Notes:

• You can connect the Xbox 360 Chatpad with both the Xbox 360 wired or wireless controllers.
    • But you cannot use the Xbox 360 Chatpad with a controller connected to a personal computer.

kevin, Aug 19, 2017
  3. controller for Windows

A xbox 360 wired controller will not work on pc? is this correct? do i have to purchase a special wired controller to use with my pc? any help is appreciated ... i would obviously like to use my existing 360 controller if this is possible please help me
    ... pretty please?

o0Gamer4Life0o, Aug 19, 2017
  4. DrakolfGrimm
    DrakolfGrimm Guest

Still unsolved, thus bump.

DrakolfGrimm, Sep 3, 2017
  5. StuartATrueRed Win User

Laptop not detecting xbox 360 wired controller

Are you sure the Xbox 360 is a wired Xbox 360 controller, and not connected by a separate cable like the play and charge cable? If it is the play and charge cable, it will not work on Windows 10, as it only charges the batteries on a PC. If it is a actual
    wired controller, then Windows 10 should detect and then download the drivers if needed.

More info on connecting a 360 controller to a PC can be found here
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/xbox-360/xbox-on-windows/accessories/xbox-controller-for-windows-setup
  6. StuartATrueRed Win User

how can i connect the xbox 360 controller to windows 10

To connect a Xbox 360 wireless controller to your PC you need the Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter for Windows. https://bit.ly/3e2eUTF

To connect a Xbox 360 wired controller to your PC, just plug in the USB plug into the USB socket on your PC.
  7. StuartATrueRed Win User

xbox 360 controller not working on PC

Is the controller a wireless controller or wired? If it is wireless, how are you connecting it? If by using the play & charge kit, then the Xbox 360 controller will not work, as the cable is only recognized on PC for charging only. You need to use a Xbox
    360 Wireless adapter for PC to connect a wireless Xbox 360 controller to your PC.
  8. StuartATrueRed Win User

Can I use Original Xbox360 controller on pc (the controller of the xbox360)?

If the Xbox 360 controller is a wired controller, then the controller can be used on the PC, just plug it in the USB port, and it should recognize it and let you use it. If it is a wireless Xbox 360 controller, then you will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows to connect the controller to your PC.
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

how to hook up xbox360 controller to laptop

Thema:

1. Need help connecting Xbox 360 Controller to PC (Wired) - Similar Threads - Need help connecting

2. Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5

in XboX Insiders
    Need help connecting these to play fh4 and fh5: Xbox series x wired controller and subsonic wheel rubber gear box and tab at left submitted by /u/SomebodystolemyBEANZ [link] [comments]
  3. I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help finding out which microsoft account is connected to my PlayStation account can...: Basically my PlayStation account on minecraft Isn’t letting me sign in and I’ve tried multiple accounts to determine which one it is and its not even telling me which one it is. Can anyone please...
  4. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  5. Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high latency on wired connection.: I have an Xbox Series S on wired internet connection, with a download speed of 300 MB and upload of 75 MB. My latency in Xbox Network statistics and in Halo Infinite is of 100-140 ms. It's...
  6. Need help connecting xbox console to the app

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help connecting xbox console to the app: I cannot connect my Xbox to the app I click connect a new console and it says click yes or something idk on the console but it just doesn't show up pls help b27e6254-30b5-459a-9e98-3853694d4b79
  7. Need help accessing my email as my number isnt connected anymore

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help accessing my email as my number isnt connected anymore: Need help accessing my email as my number isnt connected anymore i can give all my xbox details thats connected to account n the form dont work b1bf6457-bcc1-427c-b5be-25fdbe5fd4cd
  8. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  9. Need help finding my microsoft account connected to the gamertag Nutellalla

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help finding my microsoft account connected to the gamertag Nutellalla: Hi I need help accessing my games associated with the gamer tag Nutellalla. I have migrated my Mojang account to my Microsoft account, but can't seem to login. I can play on my old laptop but not...
  10. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, I need help please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, I need help please.: Hello Everyone, I just got a xbox 360 two weeks ago and it had no problem connecting to xbox live. Yesterday it disconnected me so I tried to test the connection and now it couldn't connect to the...