Need help allowing my kid to buy games

Discus and support Need help allowing my kid to buy games in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I added $25 to my son's account so he could buy Rocket League, and despite changing his settings on the XBox One and on the family account through my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Earth2Skyward, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Need help allowing my kid to buy games

I added $25 to my son's account so he could buy Rocket League, and despite changing his settings on the XBox One and on the family account through my computer, we still get the message "Ask an adult to change your settings". We've tried every combination
    of adults being signed in with him, him being signed in alone, etc, and nothing seems to work. What do I have to do to allow my son to buy the game with the money I gave him? I'm not interested in a workaround involving apps on phones and the like & having
    to pay for it out of my pocket (otherwise what's the point of putting money in his account?).

:)

Earth2Skyward, Sep 17, 2017
  2. M0ngaloid
    M0ngaloid Guest
    Not enough space on my phone?

Hello, I'm trying to play Order and Chaos on my phone and the game requires about 1 GB, I have 3 GB of storage left and it is not allowing me to buy the game because I need to free up some storage space. Please help and thanks.

M0ngaloid, Sep 17, 2017
  3. YONEYON806
    YONEYON806 Guest
    new account

i recently bought a used xbox and its not allowing me to create a new account for my kids. it keeps giving them an error.can you help me with this.

YONEYON806, Sep 17, 2017
  4. Toad 004 Win User

HELP!

No. An underage account is allowed to PLAY said games if the parental settings allow it, but they can't buy it themselves.

Just like in a store, parents can buy M rated games and let their kids play them, but the kids can't buy it themselves.
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Attn Enforcement Team

kids need to learn and grow up, my kids are not allowed online until they hit 16 as they are kids, it is not an environment suited to kids.
  6. rogerthompson793 Win User

Children and M-Rated Games

its all wrong there is clear age classifications on these games but children in usa as young as four are being allowed to play these games this being the case what is the use of having any age restriction on these games as parents are still buying these
    games for there kids something needs doing about this here and now i have kids as young as four and five swearing at me on battlefield that is ridicolous surely microsoft need to get to the root of this problem
  7. OmgWanKenobi Win User

18+ rated games played by children

Welcome to the world we live in. You have to understand that some kids want to game correctly and therefore, game like an adult. Xbox cant do anything as it is the parents who buy the games and allow their kids to play 18+ games. You took time to write that
    little rant, but overall, you should be ranting to the millions of parents that allow their kids to game on adult games, not to Xbox on the forums!
  8. DCFC734 Win User

rude

The parents need to take some responsibility in this,

Not buying the kids the console would be helpful or if the kids would only play with people they know.
Thema:

Need help allowing my kid to buy games

1. Need help allowing my kid to buy games - Similar Threads - Need help allowing

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360: Hey, so I bought a Japanese region Xbox 360 and I can't get it to connect to my wifi. When I try it says it can't connect to my router/network. Also when it detects my network it sees it but says...
  8. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  9. Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:: So recently I've freshly installed windows 10 on my pc, everything looked normal until I installed steam and it was updating but then steam had a fatal error saying that it needs internet to...
  10. I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, how do I remove my kids from an old family account and allow them to accept...: I had an email address that I have deactivated because it is old. However my two kids are connected as family members and I want to remove them off the deactivated account so I can add them as...